Inside Sport

Thread about a legally sensitive topic

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2725668.aspx

By mcjules - 13 Dec 2018 8:14 PM

Hi all,

There was a thread in this forum about a legally sensitive topic that is under a court suppression order. I'm not sure whether what was discussed there crossed any lines but I've made the thread private until we can get a clear answer. Your posts aren't gone, you just won't be able to see them.

Yes I agree it's farcical, especially as we all know about it but better to be safe than sorry.
By Kamaryn - 26 Feb 2019 11:50 AM

paulbagzFC - 26 Feb 2019 11:42 AM
Details are now public.

George Pell found guilty for sexually abusing two boys while he was Archbishop of Melbourne.

-PB

Don't know how to feel about this. I'm pretty anti-Catholic at times, and they have definitely been complicit in great abuse. I hope they catch a hell of a lot more of these criminals, and if Pell did it then I'm glad he was found guilty

But I fear this one was a stitch up - the other supposed victim (now dead) says he was never accused; Pell obviously denied it; the officials of that church say the supposed context for the 2 boys to be alone with him would be impossible; and experts state that the robes he was wearing wouldn't allow him to get his junk out and do that like the complainant stated.

This is why I personally hate sexual assualt cases. I'm obviously not saying we shouldn't have them, but the competing claims of 2 parties mean we as the public will never really know and I never know whether to celebrate justice or mourn injustice.