Inside Sport

Sack the Australian Selectors

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2729553.aspx

By Test_Fan - 21 Dec 2018 1:25 PM

While Australia won the last test I feel the decision to keep the same squad for final two squads is a disgrace. It is a total dereliction of their duties to keep players in the squad who are clearly failing to meet the minimum requirements.

Both the Marsh brothers belong nowhere near the squad they should have been dropped. 
Aaron Finch is not an opener, he is fighting hard but why is he being sacrificed? It almost seems they do not want a good opening partnership so that Warner can be brought straight back into the side as a kind of saviour to the opening position. 
Handscomb does not have the right technique to be successful, he needs to go at work on playing a way that lets his talent be shown at test cricket.

India have not be afraid to add to their squad after Shaw was ruled out for the whole series and Hardick Pandya proved he has recovered from injury, yet the Australian selectors have stayed with their own personal favourites despite them being failures at test level.

It was clearly time to bring in some other batsmen, Burns and Patterson would have been my choice while dropping Marsh and Handscomb and putting Finch in the middle order.
Drop Mitch Marsh from the squad entirely. A quality all rounder would be great to have in the squad but that is not Marsh and there is not another one available. The only reasonable option is to go with 6 batsmen and 4 bowlers. Lyon can bowl long spells and take wickets so the fast bowlers only need to cover one end for large periods of innings. Head can bowl a few overs if needed as well.

So lets get rid of the selectors and bring in some who do not think having the surname Marsh or being able to open in the fake cricket shorter forms of the game are qualifications to be selected and pick on merit. Also being part of a winning team should not be considered when a player does nothing to contribute to the win.

Time to say goodbye, Trevor Hohns, Mark Waugh, Justin Langer and Greg Chappell, 

And while we are sacking people perhaps sack Graeme Hick as batting coach. We need a coach who can instil fight and discipline into the batsmen, something which was notably absent from the hugely talented Hick's career as a flat track bully.

By baggygreenmania - 27 Dec 2018 9:35 AM

Test_Fan - 26 Dec 2018 1:03 PM
One of the big problems of not making the required changes for this test match is that players will be totally in fake cricket mindset and bringing them into the side would probably fail.
Are any of Burns, Patterson, Lehmann, White, Maxwell or Renshaw not playing fake cricket?
I cannot be bothered trawling through that dung to find out.

Yes. With this silly time of the year when pure cricket takes a back seat to the BBL circus our Test fringe players have no red ball cricket with which to push their claims for a call up. So they have no choice but to don the colored pyjamas and bash a white ball to all corners as their only way to impress the nong selectors. I have watched small feeds of the BBL and have yet to see Patterson, White, Burns or Renshaw.