Inside Sport

Who is Australia’s current fastest bowler

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2732868.aspx

By Decentric - 30 Dec 2018 7:50 PM

I’m watching some Mickey Mouse 20/20 ATM.

A new bowler has emerged as probably our fastest bowler. I have watched Mickey Mouse cricket to gauge his speed.

Unlike many Mickey Mouse bowlers who only bowl 4 overs, this guy plays Shield cricket and has stamina.

He has bowled 150kph with the wind and 146kph into it, plus some 120kph slower balls.

He is really impressing Phil Tufnell , Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee.

He would frighten the life out of India being decidedly quicker than Bumrah.

Who is it?
By Paddles - 26 Feb 2019 9:27 AM

Decentric - 26 Feb 2019 8:56 AM
Paddles - 16 Feb 2019 4:33 PM

I read about Wood frequently reaching 150 kph, but not over it.

I've seen Gabriel clock 149 kph a few times.

Who does Lockie Ferguson play for?

Wood peaked at 151 in the second odi vs WI. Gabriel has no issue going past 150 globally.

Lockie Ferguson plays for NZ limited overs and KKR. While there are many calls for him to get into the test team, there's just no spots with Boult, Southee and Wagner propelling NZ to #2 in the test rankings right now.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/content/player/493773.html

His fastest was clocked 2 years ago at 155. He breaks over 150 several times a game, and is odten still hovering around 150 in the 50th over.

Speed is fun for the fans, and its nice to see the batsman hopping around, but there's no substitute for controlled line and length with the variable of lateral movement off the seam or swing. That gets cheap wickets, pace well Mohammad Sami had pace to burn, and a bowling average of over 50.

But there's certainly new global crop of quicks coming through, England are excited by Olly Stone's pace (i am yet to see him play) and the West Indians appear to be building up an arsenal of quicks, more than just Gabriel. There are hopes from Carribean fans than Oshane Thomas and Alzarri Joseph will get quicker yet. Man mountain Oshane hit 150 as a 20 year old in the CPL and 150.4 in 1st odi and 150.6 in the 2nd odi v England.

And SA, not content with Steyn, Ngidi, Rabada, and Olivier are debuting a new slippery man vs SL in the ODI called Anrich Nortje who's meant to be pacey. T20 does appear to be encouraging more and more to bowl very quick globally and not just take up wrist spin.