Inside Sport

Ban the Roman Catholic Church

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2767611.aspx

By Test_Fan - 10 Mar 2019 8:15 AM

I think it is time to ban the Roman Catholic Church. 
It is a corrupt, money making business which fronts itself as a religion, but just exploits those who are conned into having faith in its fake religion. 
It is a haven for child molesters and will continue to attract them with its rule that priests must be celibate. 
By robstazzz - 17 Mar 2019 10:41 PM

Munrubenmuz - 17 Mar 2019 10:19 PM
robstazzz - 17 Mar 2019 10:07 PM

That's what I don't understand about Aikhme.  At least you have the decency to acknowledge shit things have happened in the past and they can't be excused.  Ol' mate just sits there obliviously and goes 'nope, didn't happen.'

Yeh but I don't think he says no covering up or molesting has happened, what he argues is that not every single case against a priest is true. Just as much as there have been disgusting priests who have done wrong, equally there's been disgusting people who make up lies, so if there is a flaw in someone's story it's okay to question it without being labeled a paedophile synthesizer.
Otherwise if we believe every single person coming out saying they got molested, then we are basically stereotyping every single priest as a child molester. 
As for me personally on the latest George Pell case I honestly find the victims claims hard to believe only based on the evidence he's given, and I don't think I should be criticised on having this opinion, especially with the court matter not fully delt with as of yet considering the appeal. 
It's the same thing with celebrities who have been convicted of rape. I'm sure many have raped woman and even gotten away with it, but this doesn't mean every single claim is true, in fact there are more lies told on ratio on this matter and again it would be wrong to look down on all celebrities as evil rapists because of the actions of the few who have been rightfully convicted.