Inside Sport

The Road to the Cricket World Cup

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2776918.aspx

By michaleben123 - 9 Apr 2019 1:13 PM

England are clear favourites. We would all agree I imagine. 
They have their entire team and spares worked out.
1 Roy 2 Bairstow 3 Root 4 Morgan 5 Stokes (6) 6 Buttler + 7 Ali (5) 8 Woakes (2) 9 Willey  (1) 10 Rashid (4) 11 Plunkett (3)
12 Hales 
Then they can choose to select Archer (the hottest property not in intl cricket and talented fast bowler who is an allrounder with the bat). Bairstow is ready made reserve keeper. This team is red hot right now.
India
1 Sharma 2 Dhawan 3 Kohli 4 Rayudu 5 Pant/Rahul or K Jadhav (6) 6 Dhoni + 7 H Pandya (5) 8 K Pandya (4) (I reckon he will be there by then and one of Chahal and Kuldeep get benched) 9 Kumar (1) 10 Chahal / Kuldeep (3) 11 Bumrah (2)
They're carrying Dhoni unnecessarily when they have Pant (and Karthik). That aside, there is a lot of talent in their squad. And a death bowling superstar in Bumrah.
I am guessing on K Pandya - but I have watched this guy for 3 years, and he is brilliant. He finally got into the India t20 team, and I back him to get there ahead of Ashwin and Jadeja, and then one of Chahal or Kuldeep.  He is easily better than his brother Hardik. Easily. (And its been easy to compare them as they played int he same IPL team for 3 years).
Pakistan 
Out of nowhere they have developed a fearsome allrounder trio - and despite carrying Inzi's nephew, Imam, they have talent to burn.
By Decentric - 4 Jun 2019 8:11 PM

Welcome to the forum.