Inside Sport

International Cricket General Discussion

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2823031.aspx

By Decentric - 13 Aug 2019 9:03 AM

I’ve been reading quite a lot about cricket on other websites, particularly Cricinfo. 

In reading about the top batters in Test cricket ATM, outside the top 4, Smith, Kohli, Williamson and Root, a few other relatively unsung batters appeared. 

Pujara- was outstanding in Aus. Also, Kohli has poor figures when his upper order fail, whilst Smith is much more effective when batting after a collapse. 

Pujara’s recent results have been outstanding. 

Two other batters, Nicholls and Latham, who I assume are Kiwis, are ranked 6th and 7th. 

I was very interested to read about this trio having had great recent success. 
By flyslip - 22 Jan 2020 7:27 PM

Good to see Rabada given his marching orders. Not undeserved, the bloke is an absolute pork chop on the cricket feild IMO. Not only restricted to the opposition either, I laughed when he had that on field tiff with little "Quenny" and Faff had to intervene lol (during the indian series?). Should have been rubbed out when we were there only it became all about African "unification" and the ICC wilted as they usually do.

Looks like the poms are giving them quite a touch up. 

Interesting that after our last tour there the Aussies are back on track, while it's the saffers that are falling apart. No Steyn, no AB "I will play, no I won't play" Devilliers (although he keeps teasing them lol, surely they should just tell him to #@^% off). A captain who sees nothing wrong with habitual ball tampering, with a fast bowling "loose cannon" who he makes excuses for and can't reign in. Not a very tight ship, despite retirements. It's about now that it stands out just how good Graeme Smith was as a Captain.