Inside Sport

Live cricket watching option in Members

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2829932.aspx

By Decentric - 7 Sep 2019 2:22 PM

I've just taken out an Associate Tas Crick Assoc Membership - as well as my TCA Platinum Card.

Baggers is coming down to Tas. I can get him, or anyone else, into Shield matches, or any other  games  in the TCA members  for free over the duration of any game. 

I've stopped attending BBL games though, but attend One Day matches.

I know Grazor and Baggers well enough, as I know them in person and we've met face to face. I probably also know Paddles, JJ, Lastbroadcast  and Mike well enough to take them into the cricket.

Why am I doing this?

A few years ago, Victoria  didn't have a  venue to stage the  Shield final in Victoria. They nominated Tas as their  preferred venue, to annoy the West Aussies.

During  that final  there was an arrangement where Victorian fans could use  TCA Members' area. Some of these guys had travelled all around the world on tours, with Merv Hughes et al. Yet they said  it was impossible to ever secure a MCG membership! 

I surmise this scenario could extrapolate to NSW too.

TCA Members realised how lucky we were.

I only had to wait a month to become a TCA Member. We have a really good view of the cricket almost behind the bowler 's arm, inside and outside,  depending on which wicket they use  in TCA Members' area. There is also food available and a licensed bar. It can seem like a party atmosphere in the members at times.

I stopped taking my Associate Membership subscription  because of  all the people I know, and other members know, who talk cricket,  but always seem to have an excellent excuse to never attend live games. 

I've renewed it this year.
By Decentric - 23 Sep 2019 2:02 PM

baggygreenmania - 23 Sep 2019 10:54 AM
Decentric - 7 Sep 2019 2:22 PM

You on a recruitment drive DC:P

No.

We are very lucky in Tas though regarding TCA membership!