Inside Sport

Blackcaps and England clash at Mount Maunganui [Comments]

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2855479.aspx

By Inside Sport Bot - 20 Nov 2019 12:49 PM

By Paddles - 3 Dec 2019 11:33 AM

Decentric - 3 Dec 2019 9:53 AM
Paddles - 28 Nov 2019 12:03 PM

I'm surprised how you and Mike often discuss the composition of the team, more than the actual state of any current Test, Paddles? 

I'd love to read more about the strengths of specific, current innings by players, or the bowling strategy in  the current Test - that you are so adept at analysing.

Thats prolly because I don't use this website much for current live matches. :P

I use gp forum, and I talk about fielding and bowling tactics there often during the game. 

But you may miss the nuances of my posts being new to cricket like you are. (If you're not new to cricket - I humbly apologies, just the impression I inferred - my bad if not.)

Batting  I discuss less so in tests than limited overs, unless someone is doing something unorthodox or unusual for them personally. This is more common in Asia where someone is fighting the spin. But I recall doing a break down on Henry Nicholls many times. Or why I don't want to see Worker in any form of intl cricket incl tests just recently.

But I love Ricky Ponting's batting analyses - he is remarkable. I'd watch ch7 whenever he is on, and Fox when OKeefe is on for the humour. 

NZ commentators are terrible. We had a brilliant one, especially for bowling analysis, and he got made NSW bowling coach and we lost him.