Inside Sport

Develop or Destroy Hal

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2859298.aspx

By Midfielder - 3 Dec 2019 7:05 AM

Three times key stakeholders in Australian Football have applied a scorched earth policy and destroyed what was there and set up a new.

In 1955 in the Sydney competition,
The NSL in the 70’s
Hal in the 00’s

Frank Lowy was a key player in each revolution, all started with a bang and ended badly. Well Hal has not ended but declining.

It leaves two questions, do we want to destroy Hal and start again ? or Do we develop and change Hal ?

Personally for me I think the various fractions if Hal fell over would have trouble putting in place a commonly agreed format… So for me I would prefer to develop and change Hal for whats needed and with the new governance model, clubs now in charge of Hal, a second division forming, new CEO of FFA seemly coming from Football.... Change is happening the speed can be argued but you can't argue change is not happening.

Open question , scorched earth and destroy Hal… or Develop and change Hal
By Midfielder - 6 Dec 2019 5:41 PM

BB

I am not saying to many people are playing I am saying the lack of connection from the 1.8 million to professional Football in Australia is the main issue...

We have had professional Football in Australia for maybe 100 years... 

The problem over the past 80 odd years is the disconnect between the playing base and professional Football...

I humbly suggest the answer to the connection issue is far far far more complex than many assume ....... further those that  assume the answer is both easy and simply needs Australian professional Football to better get its act together are missing or maybe not missing but under estimating certain issues and over estimating other issues...

While it will be a critical aspect of Football moving forward ... moving to a full FIFA model will be of huge benefit ... even if only when we do this we can do that....

Before that we need to generate interest in Australian Football and then respect for our Football... the full FIFA model will help with the respect but is only part of the solution...

To work and maybe this best summaries my thoughts... For Australian professional Football to gain respect from the grassroots.... Australian Professional Football needs to give respect to the grassroots and involve them in the process...