Inside Sport

AUS v NZ 3rd Test

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2867249.aspx

By Decentric - 1 Jan 2020 8:53 AM

Will Australia keep the pressure on with a dead rubber? 
By MikeR - 11 Jan 2020 11:59 AM

Decentric - 11 Jan 2020 9:33 AM
MikeR - 11 Jan 2020 8:19 AM

Mike, a guy who has played a  fair bit of cricket, who welcomed you back , and  I know each  other off forum.

You don't seem to be aware of how you can be perceived.  I didn't  read it, but he thought you posted a  comment maligning the lack of cricket knowledge on here. He is reluctant to  disseminate  his quite vast knowledge as much as I'd like him to.

Your comment to Paddles, about going over some heads, is offensive. And - can be construed as arrogant.

It can be difficult if one feels like they have a deeper understanding of a  sport, not to appear patronising. It may not be you, personally, who has in any way contributed to the lower traffic on the  forum, but some withdraw from adversarial polemics.  

It can be a question of humility. I think everybody reading your links to articles enjoys the content, but being friendly towards others and sometimes appreciating  some inherent value in  what they post is a gracious gesture and paramount for a  convivial forum.

As for the PM system, it can be useful. I've met up face to face with two posters on this site - using PM as a mechanism. Since you've  last posted on here, possibly around The Ashes, Baggers has attended a Shield game with me in Tas and has interacted with a lot of my TCA cricket mates - some who have played at a much higher level of cricket than you. I'm not sure if you've played Shield, English County or First Grade? Baggers interacted  well with all of these  cricket mates - regardless of cricket knowledge differential  amongst  any of the TCA Members.

FWIW I don't think you are as  biased a Queenslander as you've been accused of, but you seem to have an obsession with trying to stir Baggers up, or, get his attention. Particularly since returning.

Remember I started a  thread on this site a while back  lauding the high quality of this forum, with you being one of a number of  key contributors to the quality of it.

Arrogance - unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important, or know more than other people. Not a pleasant definition is it?

Firstly you do speak of Grazor who referred to NZ as "the cheaters" in around 30 posts deliberately riling up Paddles? Without telling you too much about myself bar I am on numerous sites worldwide under many names including Whirlpool which I have to do. I have no interest in posting on this particular site, but I do read everything here and I mean everything, eg Baggers post about me not being required to participate as I am bias. (glad to see you don't see that in me, because I can assure you I am not, I couldn't care less who makes up the Australian side, it's not in my job description.) There is not much that I miss, you don't have to tell me who Bobbie is because I know exactly who she is because I read everything. I know all about your get together with Baggers in Tasmania, have no interest in it but I do know about it, it is irrelevant to what I do.

After reading your complaints about the trolls on Whirlpool , and then do exactly the same to Paddles, causing him to lose it in a post you deleted, see I do see everything, you would think that you may pull it in, especially considering how you started the thread on how this forum is of such high quality. You want that definition of arrogance again? You're the only forum in the world that has a unique thread on that.

Now Paddles doesn't need me to fight his battles he is brilliant at doing that himself and I know Paddles on many different forums, but he just doesn't realize it is me, so much so I did advise him to ignore the personal attacks on a different site. Amazing how someone that actually knows something about cricket can within 10 posts of coming back can show how quickly you can undermine. So currently we have Baggers wanting myself and Paddles removed from the site, yourself chastising me, etc, etc, etc.  Point proven??? Doesn't feel good does it. You're Australian after all.