Man U 99 side V Liverpool FC 2020 side

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2881830.aspx

By Midfielder - 15 Feb 2020 2:15 AM

the 98/99 Man U side or the one most played was 

Goals === Schmeicael

Back... Neville, Johnsen, Stam, Irwin

Mids, Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Giggs 

Strikers, Cole & York

Who in the current Liverpool side would make the Man U side...

IMO that Man U side, and this hurts as I am a LFC fans... but that Man U side in 98/99 was the best team I have seen...

By LFC. - 21 Sep 2020 10:13 AM

all due respect here's records surpassed 19/20 as quoted in articles for starters,
Fastest Title Win
Liverpool won it with seven games to play. The previous best belonged jointly to Everton (1984-85), Manchester City (2017-18) and Manchester United (1907-08, 2000-01), who had five matches remaining.

Longest wining home run
This is a record that used to belong to Liverpool ... and still does. Bill Shankly's side won 21 consecutive games at Anfield through to December 1972.

Klopp's all-conquering side extended it to 24 before being held to a surprise 1-1 draw by Burnley.

Only two other teams came close to matching Shankly's 21 wins in the interim period -- Man United in 2011 (19) and Man City in 2011-12 (20).

Best start in the top leagues

Liverpool dropped only two points from their first 21 matches, taking 61 points from a possible 63. It was the best start any team has ever made in the top five European Leagues -- Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1.

Biggest lead

Liverpool set a record in February when they moved 22 points clear, which they later extended to 25 points.

International treble

Liverpool became the first English club to win the Champions League, follow that up with success in the UEFA Super Cup and complete the hat trick at the FIFA Club World Cup

I agree it is not fair comparing players or the game some 20yrs diff but it makes for interesting stat comparos and pointing out defence :
38 game season.
LFC GA 33
MU  GA 37
Draws
LFC 3
MU 13
MU won the title by 1point and LFC by 18.

Todays players are competing against fitness machines and far more skilful attackers plus wing backs than yesteryer as you can see.
In the end lets just agree BOTH winning squads are brilliant in their own right and this LFC winner ran away with it in a canter.