Inside Sport

New stadia/upgrades to be built if we win 2023 World Cup

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2903882.aspx

By Tbone - 23 Jun 2020 10:40 AM

So it looks like we might actually win the rights to host the  women’s 2023 World Cup.

Usually there is a lot of development and construction ie new stadiums, upgrade to existing stadiums and new training facilities built leading upto and after the World Cup.

While I understand its not the men’s World Cup but I would be expecting some much need and substantial funds being put towards upgrades of the stadiums selected to host matches and future fund for new stadiums.

womens sport is going through the roof here and it’s a great vote grabber putting money into woman’s sport! 

So I expect the FFA to really get so traction and being in some dollars for infrastructure.

what stadiums need and upgrade? And what new stadiums around the country could be built or have been planned but awaiting funding?
By paladisious - 25 Sep 2020 12:17 PM

Gyfox - 25 Sep 2020 5:38 AM
melbourne_terrace - 24 Sep 2020 9:59 PM

The Hurricanes also play at UTAS Stadium.  Last season they played 2 of their 6 games in Tasmania there.  The games in Hobart got  between 6k and 11k attendance while the games in Launceston got 6k and 8k.  The first unsolicited Tasmania United bid for an A-League club in Tasmania had crowd projections similar to what the BBL got last season but from memory the hire charge for Blundstone Arena was much higher than UTAS Stadium.

If a rectangular stadium was to be built Hobart would be the place for it.

Surprised to hear that about Bellrieve Oval, as they've had a good deal with South Hobart for any home FFA Cup games for a while from what I hear. I actually was there for the only game they've played there so far, I found it far better than York Park:

Needless to say, anything other than a rectangular venue should be a non-starter for the WWC.