Inside Sport

Why are Wanderers so bad?

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2912641.aspx

By sportaddict - 5 Aug 2020 11:10 AM

Wanderers seem to be along with Central Coast, the worst run team in the league now. 
On paper, they seem to have a team which is easily top 6 quality (Lopar; Georgievski, Jurman, McGowan, Ziegler, Russell; Baccus, Schwegler; Muller, Cox, Duke), yet they are being outperformed by weaker squads like Adelaide and Newcastle. But they play an incredibly unattractive and inefficient style of football, they have been through one manager this season, and another is performing poorly, and this was supposed to be their rebound season in their new stadium!! Where have the RBB been this season??? 
They also have outstanding youth prospects - teenagers, and early 20s - in Grozos, Tass, Auglah, Lopane, Nikolic, Natta, Carluccio, yet these guys never get a go, and there seems to be no long-term strategy for developing these guys in comparison to Adelaide and CCM who seem to be consciously developing youngsters. 
They have outstanding facilities, yet this seems to make no difference; compare their results now to their results in their first seasons under Popa. 
They hired JP de Marigny, who is an assistant, not a head coach - and this seems to be apparent in their results. 

What has gone wrong? Love to hear from WSW fans who may have some insight into what the issue is. A strong Wanderers means a strong A-League - and I'm a Sydney fan. 
By LFC. - 12 Aug 2020 10:08 AM

RBBAnonymous - 11 Aug 2020 10:09 PM
There honestly is no incentive to invest in an academy even though I am glad he does. What is the point of investing in youth players if they are not promoted in the first team or even worse are allowed to go to other clubs. This is why a transfer system is needed in this country. For players we invest in you would start to think about having them on longer contracts. If they want to go to other clubs then they can pay a tranfer fee for them. Otherwise what is the point of developing players. Is it for the Wanderers benefit or some other club. 

Good points but I think in bold comes to this maybe, FEES.
So they are getting some ROI - whatever occurs after it no matter to them at this stage.
There is alot of talent around those grounds every week from my observations for I'm there near on every 2nd week over weekends watching PL.
They have an oyster as you know how big the region is, buggered if I know why they don't promote/test out more of their own developed players.