Inside Sport

This forum has been overtaken by npl fans

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2963789.aspx

By Melbcityguy - 5 May 2021 9:21 AM

I don’t actually mind talking npl or even reading their opinions on football. But every thread lately has just been overtaken and just ends with the same points.

stop grinding your axe with us
By Monoethnic Social Club - 6 May 2021 5:16 PM

Roar in me Blood - 6 May 2021 4:50 PM
This forum has attracted NPL fans.

That says something in itself.

I agree with someguyjc in his excellent tutorial "how to not be bothered by stuff" - but I hear you on your frustration. It is very similar to the "Slapping Neuvo Bitters" crap that had its turn and frustrated the crap out of some of us with its volume.

In some cases, simply letting some posters know that it bothered people was enough for many to stop using those expressions and get on with posting actual opinions.

In defence of my forum friend MonoSameumGloatyMate - when I disagree with an opinion of his, and have my own opinion or perspective to air, I have had several fine and mutually respectful discussions about what I disagreed with and why. Does not change his opinion or mine as far as that goes but creates more of an understanding - which is a great start in any discussion.

If I have no interest in the content of his discussion (or anyone else's) I glance at it or just skip over it.

For NPL posters - for my part I welcome your opinions on the forum whether I read them or not, but same as for all posters, if you make comments that are relevant to the thread at least in some form, it makes reading threads much more enjoyable and enlightening.

Thanks RoarIMB, the feeling is mutual. Still not gonna make a Brisbane member out of me but I have found myself at least taking a small interest in them.