Inside Sport

National second division format announce! Expressions of interest due within a month

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic3061080.aspx

By grazorblade - 3 Feb 2023 2:20 PM

• A new national tier of football between the A-League Men competition and the National Premier Leagues, with the opportunity for promotion and relegation to be considered once mature 
• A home and away league structure with finals, comprised of between 10 and 16 teams and featuring between 24 to 36 games
• Successful Respondents to the Application Process would be required to depart their existing football competitions for the National Second Tier
• National Second Tier Clubs will enter into a Club Participation Agreement setting out the terms of participation, including but not limited to the following requirements: 
• professional playing contracts for all players, with salaries paid 52 weeks of the year; 
• ‘off field’ operations run by employed staff throughout 12 months of the year; 
• investment in and operation of a full talent development pathway within their club structure; and
• access to a suitable high-quality match day facility 12 months of the year.
By numklpkgulftumch - 18 Jul 2024 10:07 AM

RoyalDave - 18 Jul 2024 1:04 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 17 Jul 2024 4:32 PM

I know it hasn't been - I badly wrote my bit because a lot of people on here, in their excitement at the proposal of the NST, have been more or less demanding P/R to the A league in the not too distant future. And this is before it even got off the ground.
Point being there's no money...

Point being, any money will dry up without P/R asap

We've already seen what a Closed Competition with nothing to play for has to resort to try and keep fans awake

Hyundai A-League celebrates Star Wars Round - A-Leagues