Inside Sport

KNVB/ Football Aus Nat Curric/Barca Acad Advanced junior/youth coaching exercises

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic3113593.aspx

By Decentric 2 - 19 May 2024 4:22 PM

I'm passing a lot of high quality  coaching methodology on for free, as there is too much money changing hands in Aus for high quality coach education to be disseminated widely enough. This stifles collective knowledge.

Up until about 2014, I undertook a lot of  coach education and worked with  some internationally renowned Dutch KNVB coaches, Arie Schans and Ad Derkson; Dutch Tech Dirs for Football Fed Aus, Rob Baan and Han Berger; plus some top Aus coach educators/coaches informally on the training ground as well as in coaching courses. This  includes Ange Postecoglou and Phil Moss ( passing on  Guus Hiddink training ground methodology he acquired  from Arnie at CCM). 

The  former Football Tas Tech  Dir let  me  distribute coaching methodology  via email, to about 30 coaches on this site, but I  did not  have authorisation to post it directly to the forum publicly.

What I'm going to do now is set it out useful training ground practices with simple detail. I  don't  know how to  post videos on here, but others do who are currently living overseas, and can't access Football Aus coach education.  I usually send stuff to them via FB messenger.

It is suitable from ages 7-8 onwards.
By Decentric 2 - 19 May 2024 6:05 PM

Decentric 2 - 19 May 2024 5:19 PM

Key:
G denotes  goal posts
X denotes one team going downwards on page.
O denotes the other team, going upwards on page.

...........................G...................G
.....................................X
....................................O ... X
O..X........................................................0...X
.................................O...X
...................................O
.........................G....................G

For the basic diamond shape 4v4 or 5v5 with keepers, this looks slightly messy  to  a person unfamiliar with it.

I'm going to simplify this diagram.

...............................X

X.........................................................X

...............................X

This is the basic width and depth 4v4 formation the KNVB use, and the Football Aus NC.

All very well if you have 8 players exactly, or 10 if you have a keeper.

One of the national SAP coaches whose tutelage I was under, used  the phrase diamond with a dot. This is to   incoporate 5 v5 onfield players.

........................................X

X.....................................X........................X

........................................X

The only problem is the player in the middle is receiving straight balls ( from the  defender)  and square balls ( from the wide players). In order to avoid straight and square balls, the instruction ( if s/he can't decipher how to avoid receiving square and straight balls) for this  central player, is to be a bit behind or in front of  the wide players, when opening angled/diagonal passing lanes to support them.

Or with the defensive player in the team, they need to move slightly to the side on the left, or right, to receive  a diagonal ball from the defensive player in possession.