Perth v Brisbane

Perth v Brisbane

Author
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Daggers Maik!!
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

patjennings - 27 Feb 2021 1:03 AM
Good game - but the quality at the front told out in the end. 

correct and thats all that matters as we all know....
How many games are hard luck stories it don't matter, hit the post/s, so many more shots but 9 shots only, 5 on target 3 hit the net thats all that counts !
Entertaining game, Castro 38yr old master in this league and PG nice flowing game this one.
Those 4 games in hand if taken will have PG the Club to beat.

Love Football

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 27 Feb 2021 4:31 PM
Roar in me Blood - 27 Feb 2021 4:26 PM

Fair point. The Mods need to step in and sort Trolls out though - plenty of complaints about reducing number of posters on here, maybe if we didn’t have “Free Range Trolls” more people would hang around. 

He he hee. To be fair on Mods, they do ask that we report posts that we think deserve it. Tends to go against the grain on a 'free-speech' forum or we don't think the individual posts are worth reporting so we don't - but that makes us equally responsible for their continued existence.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 27 Feb 2021 4:26 PM
Waz - 27 Feb 2021 11:52 AM

Waz - have a look some time at the threads AnthonyC has commented on and how he/she rarely bothers to reply to any response. Has no interest beyond trolling for responses.

Most of those sort of trolls seemed to have pissed off once they stopped getting fed.

Fair point. The Mods need to step in and sort Trolls out though - plenty of complaints about reducing number of posters on here, maybe if we didn’t have “Free Range Trolls” more people would hang around. 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 27 Feb 2021 11:52 AM
AnthonyC - 27 Feb 2021 11:44 AM

I’ll respond purely because I’m bored at the moment but your comment doesn’t warrant a response because it’s just dumb. 

I actually finished my comment with “... The fact they’re not winning sums up the deficiencies in attack” which you either read and ignored or didn’t read because you were too quick to jump in making your response look rather stupid 

Waz - have a look some time at the threads AnthonyC has commented on and how he/she rarely bothers to reply to any response. Has no interest beyond trolling for responses.

Most of those sort of trolls seemed to have pissed off once they stopped getting fed.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

AnthonyC - 27 Feb 2021 11:44 AM
Waz - 26 Feb 2021 10:02 PM

So, if you had 20 shots to 4, in your opinion, you're the better side, or, maybe, you just shoot like a drunk redneck. Who cares where it goes.

I’ll respond purely because I’m bored at the moment but your comment doesn’t warrant a response because it’s just dumb. 

I actually finished my comment with “... The fact they’re not winning sums up the deficiencies in attack” which you either read and ignored or didn’t read because you were too quick to jump in making your response look rather stupid 

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 26 Feb 2021 11:04 PM
Well played Perth - created and took your chances exceptionally well.

3-1 is a fair reflection of finishing quality tonight. But not a fair reflection of the whole game.

We made more chances I expect, and had almost goals, but the quality and composure of Glory's forwards showed what players at this level should be able to do.

An off game for us in defence - not entirely due to Perth's quality attacking players.
An off game for us up front again - with real chances scorned.
An off game through the middle - with no control or dominance even during the periods where we held the ball well in attack, and no commitment to getting the ball off the opposition player who had it.

Next time we play Glory we will play better and make more of a game of it. That was not a Roar-like performance from this season or last.

Ha Ha Ha! 😂
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)

Waz - 26 Feb 2021 10:02 PM
HT and 10-4 on shots in Roars favour. The fact they’re not winning sums up the deficiencies in attack. 

So, if you had 20 shots to 4, in your opinion, you're the better side, or, maybe, you just shoot like a drunk redneck. Who cares where it goes.
Waz
Waz
Legend

crimsoncrusoe - 27 Feb 2021 10:45 AM

Worrying signs for Roar.
Loss draw draw loss.still can’t beat top teams.
I think the main advantage of fitness and grit is lost as teams get fitter and have more quality.
Comparing shots is meaningless as it’s goals scored and conceded.

Did you watch the game or are you just commenting based on the score line? 

Roars performance wasn’t based on “fitness and grit” (I’d argue they’re not actually all that fit) but it was based on slick passing moves that at times swept from one end of the pitch to the other. 

Glory were clinical and finished 3 chances. That was the difference. DWH had a good general game but he’s no finisher, neither is Go Go, and neither is Scotty. 

I don’t disagree with your “worrying signs” but this side is well capable of matching or beating last years 4th place finish; it won’t  be good enough for 1st or probably 2nd place either mind you. And unless it can find goals regularly and against top sides the team will struggle to progress in finals. 

But the team is playing really good football and if any NSWs/VIC team has scored a one-end-of-the-field-to-the-other 22-pass goal you’d be hearing all about it. But I’m guessing you won’t be .... 

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Worrying signs for Roar.
Loss draw draw loss.still can’t beat top teams.
I think the main advantage of fitness and grit is lost as teams get fitter and have more quality.
Comparing shots is meaningless as it’s goals scored and conceded.
overroared
overroared
Amateur
Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)

bazmace - 27 Feb 2021 12:42 AM
Win or lose it’s nice to watch glory play an entertaining brand of football. 

Poppa ground out results and respect to him for Winning the league, but it was dreadful to watch. 

Agree. Stadium looked quite full too adding to the experience.

Roar goal scoring opportunities bombed too often. Waz I do not agree with your comments Re Wenzal- Hall. I thought his field play was excellent. Unfortunately, mucked some great scoring opportunities tho. 
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

bazmace
bazmace
Weekender
Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)

Win or lose it’s nice to watch glory play an entertaining brand of football. 

Poppa ground out results and respect to him for Winning the league, but it was dreadful to watch. 

seemedrop
seemedrop
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

Great win. Glory breathing down Brisbane's neck on the ladder with 3 games in hand.
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

who was the player with the funny thing on his head ?

Rawlins mullet

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I thought it was a fairly even game but others mentioned the finishing was the difference.

Maybe in another day the score could be different but thats football!

In general its nice to see a game where both teams look to play football the right way, both scored great team goals resulting from great build ups out from the back.

Perth could be the team to beat, but this season its been wild to pick so who knows what will happen next.
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

thekingmb - 26 Feb 2021 11:22 PM
Perth were written of pre season but not sure why. Quality everywhere

Too many unknowns for me going into the season. I had no confidence in Garcia.

Was confused by his mass 4 FIFA style sub.

But nup...never doubted him. 

soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

PIFA - 26 Feb 2021 11:16 PM
Waz - 26 Feb 2021 11:03 PM

I agree with you Waz. I miss most of the first half (I was watching Melbourne Knights vs Port Melbourne), but I thought it was an entertaining game. A bit more proficiency in the front third, and that's a 6-goal thriller. Keogh was god awful when he came on for Perth. Gol Gol is a bit of a weird one for me, and Champness looks like he's still in LA chasing his rap dream, and it's a big ask for DWH to carry the burden.

What's the go with the Japanese boy that you signed up top? I like the look of Riku tbh, and I thought Ota was wonderful when he came on for Perth

Ota was excellent. Will be a lot more dangerous with Ota starting ahead of Ingham. Malik and Ota changed the game. Stynes was decent too...Armiento had an off night. 

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Perth were written of pre season but not sure why. Quality everywhere

PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Waz - 26 Feb 2021 11:03 PM
thekingmb - 26 Feb 2021 10:55 PM

That was an even game. Roar had 20 goal attempts to Glory’s 9 (even hit the woodwork twice) 

the difference was finishing. It’s very simple: ditch DWH, and Go Go, and Champnese... and go hire visa strikers. 

I agree with you Waz. I miss most of the first half (I was watching Melbourne Knights vs Port Melbourne), but I thought it was an entertaining game. A bit more proficiency in the front third, and that's a 6-goal thriller. Keogh was god awful when he came on for Perth. Gol Gol is a bit of a weird one for me, and Champness looks like he's still in LA chasing his rap dream, and it's a big ask for DWH to carry the burden.

What's the go with the Japanese boy that you signed up top? I like the look of Riku tbh, and I thought Ota was wonderful when he came on for Perth
soil
soil
Pro

sub007 - 26 Feb 2021 10:21 PM
Weird how The Shed are chanting about hating Sydney FC, Melbourne and Adelaide United when a) they don’t have rivalries with those clubs and b) they are playing Brisbane.

Pretty sure it's a relic from the NSL days when we hated South Melb etc. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 26 Feb 2021 11:04 PM

3-1 is a fair reflection of finishing quality tonight. But not a fair reflection of the whole game.

We made more chances I expect, and had almost goals, but the quality and composure of Glory's forwards showed what players at this level should be able to do.

An off game for us in defence - not entirely due to Perth's quality attacking players.
An off game through the middle - with no control or dominance even during the periods where we held the ball well in attack, and no commitment to getting the ball off the opposition player who had it.

Next time we play Glory we will play better and make more of a game of it. That was not a Roar-like performance from this season or last.

Agreed. Roar have got genuine quslity but if you can’t finish what you started ... 

Like the way Glory play. They look like the team to beat. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Signing off now.

The good thing about a disappointing performance is the knowledge that you could and should have done so much better.

I can sleep happily enough with that thought.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

PIFA - 26 Feb 2021 11:05 PM
Roar in me Blood - 26 Feb 2021 10:53 PM

Tbf, his foot appeared to get stamped on. Not debating that he doesn't go down easily, but this time it was warranted.

It is the thumping fist into ground and kicking the ground tantrum style. That is not how hurt people react - that is how players wanting someone to get a card react.

PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 26 Feb 2021 10:53 PM
Fakenrolli classic.

Tbf, his foot appeared to get stamped on. Not debating that he doesn't go down easily, but this time it was warranted.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Waz
Waz
Legend

thekingmb - 26 Feb 2021 10:55 PM
Waz - 26 Feb 2021 10:43 PM

3-1 mate. Not even. Doesn’t it fell even at the game.

That was an even game. Roar had 20 goal attempts to Glory’s 9 (even hit the woodwork twice) 

the difference was finishing. It’s very simple: ditch DWH, and Go Go, and Champnese... and go hire visa strikers. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by Waz
thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Aldred and Gilleshpey exposed. Nowhere to be seen when Young is not there to save them!
thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro

Waz - 26 Feb 2021 10:43 PM
thekingmb - 26 Feb 2021 10:42 PM

Are you watching the game - this is pretty even 

3-1 mate. Not even. Doesn’t it fell even at the game.
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

My bad Perth deserve this win, Brissie look like they have doughnuts in the final 3rd, and to not press such a attacking team in defence is just retarded.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search