The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

Author
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BETHFC - 22 Mar 2018 11:36 AM
Somewhat global events, somewhat Australian Politics. We've had Dutton come out and say we will help white South African farmers. I have no issue with this providing they are treated the same as everyone else. 

Seeing the virtual signalling from certain groups is rather concerning. I mean read the ABC news comments, some are beyond embarrassing. We could see a reverse apartheid against a minority with land resumption without compensation (Whites are about 10% of the population) and yet the colour of their skin seems to invalidate their suffering somehow. 

Whites are 10% of the population but own most of the land for farming, making white farmers far richer on average than black farmers. There is little evidence showing that white farmers are being racially targeted by black South Africans. Murder rates are high in South Africa for all demographics, but especially for young poor black men. Peter Dutton selecting white farmers in South Africa for fast-track Visas is nothing but racist, when suffering is far worse for people in other parts of the world and even among the poor in South Africa.

E

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 22 Mar 2018 11:52 AM
BETHFC - 22 Mar 2018 11:36 AM

Whites are 10% of the population but own most of the land for farming, making white farmers far richer on average than black farmers. There is little evidence showing that white farmers are being racially targeted by black South Africans. Murder rates are high in South Africa for all demographics, but especially for young poor black men. Peter Dutton selecting white farmers in South Africa for fast-track Visas is nothing but racist, when suffering is far worse for people in other parts of the world and even among the poor in South Africa.

This is the shit I'm talking about. A quick google indicates that they own 72% of the farming land but how is this relevant? 

The same google found 423 attacks on white farmers last year and 109 already this year. 

No one seems to want to talk about the horrific decision to resume land from whites because that would mean that people would actually have to call a majority African government 'racist'. Instead people want to ignore the issue and focus on Dutton and his comments. In all fairness, the farmers will probably go to New Zealand anyway. 

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

BETHFC - 22 Mar 2018 12:02 PM
9GABmeme420 - 22 Mar 2018 11:52 AM

This is the shit I'm talking about. A quick google indicates that they own 72% of the farming land but how is this relevant? 

The same google found 423 attacks on white farmers last year and 109 already this year. 

No one seems to want to talk about the horrific decision to resume land from whites because that would mean that people would actually have to call a majority African government 'racist'. Instead people want to ignore the issue and focus on Dutton and his comments. In all fairness, the farmers will probably go to New Zealand anyway. 

This is relevant because this land was not originally theirs and was systematically taken away from blacks and given to them until 1993, which gave whites an unequal amount of wealth and properties. Blacks in South Africa now are still suffering from this. The decision to take these lands back is justice.

E

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 22 Mar 2018 12:21 PM

This is relevant because this land was not originally theirs and was systematically taken away from blacks and given to them until 1993, which gave whites an unequal amount of wealth and properties. Blacks in South Africa now are still suffering from this. The decision to take these lands back is justice.

But to do it with no recompense (which will lead to other problems)? What happens when they get the land back but have no skilled farmers to produce food for a nation that already has no water?

Also what in the fuck with Frydenberg and his new marine park outlines, opening up areas for fishing that should be protected.

I still have no idea what these kunts smoke sometime.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

The land I am sitting on is originally Indigenous. Should I leave for mother England as a refugee and not be upset because that to would be justice?

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

paulbagzFC - 22 Mar 2018 1:04 PM

But to do it with no recompense (which will lead to other problems)? What happens when they get the land back but have no skilled farmers to produce food for a nation that already has no water?

-PB

They clearly didn't learn anything from the humanitarian crisis that was Zimbabwe.........

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

At the moment I believe the South Africa is paying for the land (i.e. buying the land back). However, they have not been satisfied with the progress (or lack thereof). So are now considering to simply reclaiming land ... not sure how legal that would be (not sure about laws in South Africa).

At the moment though farmers (whether black or white) from South Africa would not qualify for refugee status in Australia.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

sokorny - 22 Mar 2018 3:09 PM
At the moment I believe the South Africa is paying for the land (i.e. buying the land back). However, they have not been satisfied with the progress (or lack thereof). So are now considering to simply reclaiming land ... not sure how legal that would be (not sure about laws in South Africa).

At the moment though farmers (whether black or white) from South Africa would not qualify for refugee status in Australia.

When you're in power you make the rules. 

I think some of the commonwealth countries should help them out if they need it. Remember the atrocities of Robert Mugabe towards colonialists? Anyone who thinks that won't happen to some extent in South Africa is kidding themselves. 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

sokorny - 22 Mar 2018 3:09 PM

Think legality goes out the window if you have/don't have AKs lol

-PB

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

So if an indigenous Australian with links to your local area comes to you and demands that you give up your house without any compensation I assume you will just say "no worries" and leave?

Unbelievable decision by the SA Government. The same thing failed so badly in Zimbabwe the new President is actively trying to reverse it and entice white farmers back.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

So Mal lost his 30th straight Newspoll.

-PB

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 10 Apr 2018 9:46 AM
So Mal lost his 30th straight Newspoll.

-PB

And he said he shouldn't  of not knifed abott when he list 30 news polls. Wtf is going on with our politics. Are we heading down the american path? 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Apr 2018 11:16 PM

And he said he shouldn't  of not knifed abott when he list 30 news polls. Wtf is going on with our politics. Are we heading down the american path? 

Well people keep voting for major parties so yeah, I guess we are.

-PB

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Who's Australia's version of Trump? Palmer?

Thank god that ship more or less sailed into the rocks.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

And Shorten wishes he hadn't knifed Rudd

and Gillard

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

It's bad news for labour when they lead the LNP in the polls and our most inept prime minister ever in Turnbull is still preferred PM over Shorten. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Tuning in to hear the days juicy drama coming out of the Banking Royal Commission is my guilty pleasure atm.

-PB

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

So the budget is pissing people off for like the 20th straight year. People don't buy trickle down economics and the data doesn't support it.

Giving banks a tax break when they make shit loads and are under investigation for shady business is also pretty silly. 

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

BETHFC - 9 May 2018 12:52 PM
So the budget is pissing people off for like the 20th straight year. People don't buy trickle down economics and the data doesn't support it.

Giving banks a tax break when they make shit loads and are under investigation for shady business is also pretty silly. 

This budget was always going to be about trying to "buy" some votes ...
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

It's not about giving banks a tax break but giving all businesses a tax break as Australia has one of the highest business tax rates in the world.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

vanlassen - 9 May 2018 3:23 PM

It's not about giving banks a tax break but giving all businesses a tax break as Australia has one of the highest business tax rates in the world.

But I doubt the banks even pay tax or most multinationals for that matter who import debt to reduce their taxable income...

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

If pollies were playing cricket, another bunch had gone 4/44 lol

-PB

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

BETHFC - 22 Mar 2018 1:05 PM

The land I am sitting on is originally Indigenous. Should I leave for mother England as a refugee and not be upset because that to would be justice?

The amoral fuckwits on the left would feel that is justification for your murder. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

ErogenousZone - 10 May 2018 12:30 PM
BETHFC - 22 Mar 2018 1:05 PM

The amoral fuckwits on the left would feel that is justification for your murder. 

Yeh probably haha.

Sometimes those on the extreme left of the spectrum are their own worst enemies. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

BETHFC - 13 Apr 2018 8:12 AM
It's bad news for labour when they lead the LNP in the polls and our most inept prime minister ever in Turnbull is still preferred PM over Shorten. 

agree re our current PM but to think people would even consider to tick a box and see teflon shorten in is back to future just as the krudd times.
4/44 is another slap in his jaw lol...talk about keep eating your own poop, worse than that useless turnball - how the fuck we deserved this is donkeys voting in the first place thinking minor parties can govern ? majors can't today so what makes people think these other useless stumbling minor blocks can.
Place is gone, every ordinary man woman and whatever your called today to themselves.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Credit where credit is due for Shorten, he knows how to appeal to his base and act the part of the leader of the working class.

My only question about his reply is given his commitments which are huge (not saying I don't agree particularly health and education increases), is how can he make these commitments and still say he will deliver a equal or better surplus?

My guess is anyone earning more than $70k a year might be in for a bit of a shock on their tax bill and multinationals will be forced to pay tax (about time). 

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

BETHFC - 11 May 2018 8:11 AM
Credit where credit is due for Shorten, he knows how to appeal to his base and act the part of the leader of the working class.

My only question about his reply is given his commitments which are huge (not saying I don't agree particularly health and education increases), is how can he make these commitments and still say he will deliver a equal or better surplus?

My guess is anyone earning more than $70k a year might be in for a bit of a shock on their tax bill and multinationals will be forced to pay tax (about time). 

The simple answer to your question is he can't and he won't. The budget reply for every government is over the top promises and commitments which they don't have to work towards because they're not in government.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

vanlassen - 11 May 2018 8:38 AM
BETHFC - 11 May 2018 8:11 AM

The simple answer to your question is he can't and he won't. The budget reply for every government is over the top promises and commitments which they don't have to work towards because they're not in government.

But if they win next year (which is highly likely) then everything he has said can and will be used against him. That's why this government struggled so badly, they made bold promises and couldn't deliver.

Someone has to pay for Shortens commitments and high income earners and multinationals have surely got to be in his sights to pay the difference. 

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

BETHFC - 11 May 2018 8:44 AM
vanlassen - 11 May 2018 8:38 AM

But if they win next year (which is highly likely) then everything he has said can and will be used against him. That's why this government struggled so badly, they made bold promises and couldn't deliver.

Someone has to pay for Shortens commitments and high income earners and multinationals have surely got to be in his sights to pay the difference. 

I thought the Liberals were gaining ground on Labor in the last few News polls but a quick google search suggests that this may not be the case. I really do think that the Liberals will retain office at the next election as the economy is finally starting to move in a positive direction. Unemployment is dropping at the same time the participation rate is increasing, consumer confidence and business confidence are increasing too and I have zero faith in Labor to deliver any meaningful tax relief.
Unless an early election is called, the Libs should produce another budget in 2019 and you can probably expect even more tax cuts and bigger spending promises.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

vanlassen - 11 May 2018 10:17 AM
BETHFC - 11 May 2018 8:44 AM

I thought the Liberals were gaining ground on Labor in the last few News polls but a quick google search suggests that this may not be the case. I really do think that the Liberals will retain office at the next election as the economy is finally starting to move in a positive direction. Unemployment is dropping at the same time the participation rate is increasing, consumer confidence and business confidence are increasing too and I have zero faith in Labor to deliver any meaningful tax relief.
Unless an early election is called, the Libs should produce another budget in 2019 and you can probably expect even more tax cuts and bigger spending promises.

I'm not so sure mate, go one any social media article related to the LNP and the amount of hatred is pretty high. 

I feel like a lot of people will vote in Labor simply because they're not the Liberals. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search