2012/13 Membership numbers thread

2012/13 Membership numbers thread

Author
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MV 16950
Bullion
Bullion
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tbitm wrote:
Adelaide 2000 (August 10th)
Brisbane 5000 (September 20th)
Central Coast 3000 (September 26th)
Heart 4000 (September 12th)
Newcastle 9902 (September 28th)
Perth 5000 (August 10th)
Sydney 8000 (September 24th)
Victory 16800 (September 28th)
Wellington 3000 (September 28th)
West Sydney 2500 (September 27th)

Btw the Wellington number isn't accurate just basing it on someone saying last year when they bought tickets before the game and the PAX started at 2000 so 2000x1.5 = 3000 so it is a very rough estimate

Phoenix estimate is probably in the ballpark. Last season was something between 1500-2000 after all the off field dramas, but previous seasons have been around the 3k-3.5k mark and think we will be around there again. This season offers great value, NZ$75 cheaper than last season (NZ$175) as an 'early bird' deal and NZ$50 cheaper ($199) if buying now - silver section which is most of the stadium and includes Yellow Fever, Family and Away sections. Nova Energy (Phoenix sponsor) customers can get memberships for NZ$99. Family, Concession and Child memberships have also been reduced drastically and offer great value.

Members get 1 free ticket to give to a mate to one of the first 3 games, new scarf, lanyard, magnet, stickers and playing cards. Last 2 or 3 seasons there was nothing extra thrown in.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Interesting Bullion - sounds as if you guys are tacking well too! Any news on Adelaide United?

RJL25 wrote:
Joffa wrote:
RJL25 wrote:
GloryPerth wrote:

Oh yeah - but that was Archie Fraser's doing?! Did not know that! I thought it was related to the cost of stadium rent at Suncorp and that didn't change till the FFA had to intervene and suddenly the Stadium agreement was re-negotiated? GCU had same problems at Skilled too.

]

The price hike was definitely an FFA decision. Basically our club was being financially screwed by Stadiums Queensland, so your right there, and the Roar asked for the FFA's help in renegotiating the deal, so yes that all happened, but as part of all of that the Roar asked the FFA for a financial loan to pay debts, which was granted but the FFA made that conditional of a major increase in ticket prices and membership prices to help recover the FFA's money more quickly.

Lasted only half a season, by the end of the season they were offering tickets for only $5 in the corners of the stadium to try and desperately get the fans back, but the damage was already done.

Your absolutely right in saying that right to this very day, we are still receiving from that fuck up by the FFA!

Well, the FFA didn't sign the original stadia deal with Suncorp, the FFA didn't choose Suncorp over a much cheaper Ballymore, you can't blame the FFA for your clubs own mistakes.

Edited by Joffa: 30/9/2012 11:42:00 AM

Sigh...

I was just clearing something up for GloryPerth as to what the background of that decision was, I'm not blaming the FFA for the Roar's problems, I'm simply saying that that decision had disastrous consequences for the club and it WAS the FFA's decision.

The original management at the Roar made many mistakes, the stadium deal probably the biggest, and no doubt are the reason the club struggled so much financially, however they DID do an excellent job with crowds, averaging over 15k consistently, almost 17k in season 3 and the second best attended club for the first 3 seasons. The price hike just before season 4 undid all that good work and trashed the only good thing the club had going for it off the park, and yes that CAN be blamed on the FFA!!

I really think, that even DESPITE being at massive Suncorp, you guys somehow could grow into your stadium.

I mean the Season 3 average of 18.5k and that included some season high crowds of 30k-ish - If you guys reach and even exceed slightly, that mark again, which seems entirely possible, then Suncorp could more and more become an 'appropriate venue' for you guys, as unlikely as that sounds.

Especially if you keep making finals, where you near pack the house and ofcourse did for the last couple Grand Finals you hosted!

It could become not too unlike Victory at Telstra Dome in that way too (Not just Boutique scenario) - That stadium is a bit overlarge too, but you notice less, matter's less, when Victory have 25-30k+ crowds there.

Edited by gloryperth: 1/10/2012 01:44:13 PM
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Stadiums QLD screwed the HAL for every cent they could and killed NQF and GCU. Thanks Bligh, you bitch. The QLD govt also made Ballymore unusable by refusing to provide public transport, security and opposing it on every admin issue they could, forcing the QRU to abandon a ground they own and cop a huge loss at Lang Park. The Broncos are also slugged more than any other team in Australia.

Strangely enough the VFL temas in QLD were actually given bundles of cash by Bligh. I am sure it has NOTHING to do with the millions that Demetriou shovels to the ALP, nothing at all.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Crusader wrote:
Stadiums QLD screwed the HAL for every cent they could and killed NQF and GCU. Thanks Bligh, you bitch. The QLD govt also made Ballymore unusable by refusing to provide public transport, security and opposing it on every admin issue they could, forcing the QRU to abandon a ground they own and cop a huge loss at Lang Park. The Broncos are also slugged more than any other team in Australia.

Strangely enough the VFL temas in QLD were actually given bundles of cash by Bligh. I am sure it has NOTHING to do with the millions that Demetriou shovels to the ALP, nothing at all.

Bligh is a season ticket holder at the Roar....
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Blackmac79 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Bligh is a season ticket holder at the Roar....

Not anymore, she's moving to Sydney to run for the NSW ALP.

Consider yourselfs warned, this women is poison!
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

GloryPerth wrote:
Interesting Bullion - sounds as if you guys are tacking well too! Any news on Adelaide United?

RJL25 wrote:
Joffa wrote:
RJL25 wrote:
GloryPerth wrote:

Oh yeah - but that was Archie Fraser's doing?! Did not know that! I thought it was related to the cost of stadium rent at Suncorp and that didn't change till the FFA had to intervene and suddenly the Stadium agreement was re-negotiated? GCU had same problems at Skilled too.

]

The price hike was definitely an FFA decision. Basically our club was being financially screwed by Stadiums Queensland, so your right there, and the Roar asked for the FFA's help in renegotiating the deal, so yes that all happened, but as part of all of that the Roar asked the FFA for a financial loan to pay debts, which was granted but the FFA made that conditional of a major increase in ticket prices and membership prices to help recover the FFA's money more quickly.

Lasted only half a season, by the end of the season they were offering tickets for only $5 in the corners of the stadium to try and desperately get the fans back, but the damage was already done.

Your absolutely right in saying that right to this very day, we are still receiving from that fuck up by the FFA!

Well, the FFA didn't sign the original stadia deal with Suncorp, the FFA didn't choose Suncorp over a much cheaper Ballymore, you can't blame the FFA for your clubs own mistakes.

Edited by Joffa: 30/9/2012 11:42:00 AM

Sigh...

I was just clearing something up for GloryPerth as to what the background of that decision was, I'm not blaming the FFA for the Roar's problems, I'm simply saying that that decision had disastrous consequences for the club and it WAS the FFA's decision.

The original management at the Roar made many mistakes, the stadium deal probably the biggest, and no doubt are the reason the club struggled so much financially, however they DID do an excellent job with crowds, averaging over 15k consistently, almost 17k in season 3 and the second best attended club for the first 3 seasons. The price hike just before season 4 undid all that good work and trashed the only good thing the club had going for it off the park, and yes that CAN be blamed on the FFA!!

I really think, that even DESPITE being at massive Suncorp, you guys somehow could grow into your stadium.

I mean the Season 3 average of 18.5k and that included some season high crowds of 30k-ish - If you guys reach and even exceed slightly, that mark again, which seems entirely possible, then Suncorp could more and more become an 'appropriate venue' for you guys, as unlikely as that sounds.

Especially if you keep making finals, where you near pack the house and ofcourse did for the last couple Grand Finals you hosted!

It could become not too unlike Victory at Telstra Dome in that way too (Not just Boutique scenario) - That stadium is a bit overlarge too, but you notice less, matter's less, when Victory have 25-30k+ crowds there.

Edited by gloryperth: 1/10/2012 01:44:13 PM

Perhaps they could look to MLSs Seattle Sounders for inspiration and tarp off the upper deck to artificially create a more practically sized stadium to help the supply /demand equation for their membership dept.
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Heart 4000 (September 12th)
Newcastle 10700 (October 7th)
Perth 5000 (August 10th)
Victory 17503 (October 6th)
Wellington 3000 (September 28th)
West Sydney 3000 (October 6th)

Really hope newcastle is still able to get 300 more in the coming days
at work
at work
Rising Star
Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)

schimch wrote:
GloryPerth wrote:

I just remember the A-League4Canberra site too, they updated quite frequently whenever new foundation members were signed. It got kind of exciting seeing that list of 1k, then 2k build up. And given Wanderers are new, it could be quite exciting for them too?
Edited by gloryperth: 30/9/2012 05:21:14 AM

Would be embarrassing if the Canberra theoretical bid for the a-league pulled more foundation members than the concrete football heartland that is western Sydney....

Yeah but what would it cost to become a Canberra foundation member? $20-30?
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

at work wrote:
schimch wrote:
GloryPerth wrote:

I just remember the A-League4Canberra site too, they updated quite frequently whenever new foundation members were signed. It got kind of exciting seeing that list of 1k, then 2k build up. And given Wanderers are new, it could be quite exciting for them too?

Would be embarrassing if the Canberra theoretical bid for the a-league pulled more foundation members than the concrete football heartland that is western Sydney....

I believe it was $200 - maybe you are thinking of the Central Coast Bears RL team!!
imonfourfourtwo
imonfourfourtwo
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Melbourne Heart FC Members: 4750 (October 4)

according to their latest newsletter.
asanchez
asanchez
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

imonfourfourtwo wrote:

I heard Scott Munn on SEN on last thursday saying they had well over 5000.

waggzzz2
waggzzz2
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

We at the Central Coast Mariners are looking to make Hyundai A-League Season 8 our best yet, both on and off the field.
So, we have set ourselves a goal to reach 5,000 Members by the start of the season, and we need your help to get us there!
Help us reach 5,000 Members by signing up today and you could win yourself a Lifetime Membership* so you can continue your dedicated support the Central Coast Mariners for years to come.
Already signed-up for Season 8? Spread the word to your friends and family about the great benefits of being a Central Coast Mariners Member, plus the passion and excitement that runs through your body each and every time the Yellow and Navy hit the back of the net at Bluetongue Stadium!
And don't worry, everyone who signs up for a Season 8 Membership (even if you did it months ago) will be in the running to win the Mariners Lifetime Membership!
Our new packages for 2012/13 are on sale now, with the great benefits of last season…and more! There is a Membership package to suit everyone, including 3 and 6 game Memberships, and part payment plans also available.
Browse our Membership packages and purchase online, or, if you have more questions give our Membership Team a call on 4353 7200 and we'll help find the right package to suit you!

WE ARE MARINERS!
*Terms and Conditions apply

Ecce
Ecce
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-pass-11000-Members/49907

Jets have reached their target of 11,000 members today! Tally is at 11,007.

I feel very proud to be part of a football region that shows such strong commitment to our club.

Well done Newcastle & the Hunter.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Well done Newcastle.
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Heart 4750 (October 4th)
Newcastle 11007 (October 9th)
Perth 5000 (August 10th)
Victory 17758 (October 6th)
Wellington 3000 (October 8th)

Not sure if i believe scott munn saying were over 5000 after saying we're on track to hit 7000. as much as id like to be wrong
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Ah nice, Mariners have their own little measuring, update, pic too, hehe. 3k out of 5k, seems to be tracking well - and the target mark would be a club record for them, right?

STILL no news/update on Adelaide? They MUST BE double that, near 4k-ish, by now?

tbitm wrote:
Heart 4750 (October 4th)
Newcastle 11007 (October 9th)
Perth 5000 (August 10th)
Victory 17758 (October 6th)
Wellington 3000 (October 8th)

Not sure if i believe scott munn saying were over 5000 after saying we're on track to hit 7000. as much as id like to be wrong

asanchez wrote:
imonfourfourtwo wrote:

I heard Scott Munn on SEN on last thursday saying they had well over 5000.

The Newsletter's info could be a little dated - that could be from a couple days before or even earlier, whenever they compile and then publish it? And if there's a weekend between then, then ofcourse a few people working for Heart and what not would not be working - But more members might be being signed up?

On the other side, in comparison - Scott Munn's info would be 'right up to the minute' you'd think, from that same day, being at Heart's HQ, the calls coming in, or what not.

The difference is only 250 members or so - So, in theory, a couple hundred could be signed in half a week.

But yeah, take the newsletter's exact figure on it and if Munn isn't exaggerating too much, they're tracking, then 'the next newsletter' may reflect an over 5k figure?
bubbling11
bubbling11
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Congrats to the SCUM on reaching 11000. Great to see the community getting behind your team.

Now as for us.........
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend

This thread has dropped 7 pages back and hasn't been updated in a while, especially numbers wise. We're now into the second week of the A-League season, so we should be having a much better idea or better update, of the latest member numbers?

Especially keen to see where Adelaide United and Wanderers are at now - They should be both pretty much double the last confirmed figures, surely both are around the 4k ballpark?

Hmm curious to see how Sydney and Brisbane are doing too - it's been a few weeks since last update there. SFC may even have a thousand more members now, could be pushing that wonderful 10k mark? Especially as ADP effect really starts to kick in. And who knows - Roar could be pushing that thousand more too now?

One wonders how the Mariners are tracking for their 5k target - only 2k off going by last report?

There must be a natural bump up circa time of season start too - that may be reflected in the latest figures?
at work
at work
Rising Star
Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)Rising Star (765 reputation)

patjennings wrote:
at work wrote:
schimch wrote:
GloryPerth wrote:

I believe it was $200 - maybe you are thinking of the Central Coast Bears RL team!!

Shit ay, that's not bad from the Canberrans then.

The CC Bears were charging some token amount such as $20-30 from memory

Edited by at work: 14/10/2012 11:07:41 AM
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Came across this last night.

Quote:
Our goal is to be the best club in Australia. In 2013, we need 10,000 members to make this a reality. Join us and make the assist!

The new One Goal areas in the Eastern stand are a sign of our further commitment to the Brisbane football community. By nominating a club, members can enjoy reduced pricing in an area that’s all about local football.

The South end of Suncorp Stadium will take on a stronger identity with the new designated Family End. Members can choose the flexibility of General Admission seating, Reserved seating or unlicensed.

Kids now have more options with our extended $50 kids season membership but also the new $80 Plus kids membership. Benefits include a fantastic supporter pack and a members only Roar Active Program training session.

The world newest members can now be the worlds newest Roar members. Our Lil Roary membership is the perfect gift for kids under 2.

Brisbane Roar 2013/14 Memberships on sale Monday 18 February 2013!
http://www.roarmemberships.com/

Good to see the club getting in early for the next season.

GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend

Sorry for big bump, but this is for completism:

Quote:
http://www.a-league.com.au/article/club-members-the-heart-and-soul-of-a-league/1r497ylftwd1o1vml36sxjig01

[size=9]Club members the heart and soul of A-League[/size]
Monday, [size=6]23 June 2014[/size] - Staff

'...

If you-re a member, you-re one of 96,641 people who have set a record this Season 9. That number is an all-time high for club membership and a massive 32% increase on Season 8.

The percentage growth figures for individual clubs speak for themselves - Wanderers up 141%, Mariners up 68%, Roar up 52%.

Meanwhile, Victory added 19% to their member ranks to have over 22,000 paid-up and proud supporters, the biggest membership in the competition.

Sydney FC cracked the 10,000-mark for the first time by lifting membership by 28% and Adelaide United jumped by 23% while the Jets continue to have over 10,000 proud Novocastrians signed up on their membership roster.

Clear growth as well for Heart, Glory and Phoenix has helped Season 9 to be the most successful and vibrant season yet for club membership.

...'

Estimates, based on above, utilising the more well sourced 2013/14 figures, a calculator and here:
http://www.percentagecalculator.net/ (My maths isn't great and/or I'm rusty)

Feel free to double-check my results or investigate for yourselves!

Season 2012/13
Adelaide United: ~5,200?
Brisbane Roar: ~5,337?
Central Coast Mariners: ~3,548?
Melbourne Heart: 6,583
Melbourne Victory: ~18,505? (Not sure where the 18,767 figure comes from? +Pet Members?!)
Newcastle Jets: *11,007
Perth Glory : 5,000 (-ish, Capped during that season, due to stadium renovation)
Sydney FC: ~8,470?
Wellington Phoenix: ~3,000?!
Western Sydney Wanderers: ~7,014?

TOTAL: ~73,500?! (MAXIMUM, that leaves room for a 31.6% increase to be added, for the 2013/14 season)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2012/10/09/jets-fly-past-11000-mark

I think I'm still some way off, as reports of the membership level WSW achieve vary greatly from between 6,500 right up to 7,500. My estimate, going from the stated percentage increase for WSW in 2013/14, sits around inbetween.

For some reason, Adelaide United rate a bit higher, even though anecdotally, they shouldn't be and some fans had them around 4,500 for that season. I just got that rough figure from again, deducing from the percentage increase for AU.

Flipside, Brisbane Roar had as many as 6,500 Members in Season 2012/13, according to anecdotal from fans. But the FFA states a '52%' increase, where a 52% increase with the outcome of the 'provided' 8112 figure for 13/14, means their 12/13 figure must've been sitting in the mid 5ks, as I estimated via the provided percentage. It's possible there are variables like Pet Memberships again - or perhaps Roar's 'Lite Members' aren't included in the FFA's totals? :-k

I struggled to squeeze in Phoenix there. Was going to list then a couple hundred lower, but some anecdotal kept re-inforcing they were 3k this season and that could could still match in the above configuration.

Again, I came to these results, via the guidelines of FFA's stated percentage increases and the reasonably well source 2013/14 figures above, as too FFA article stated Season 2013/14 total. I wonder how close my deductions are to, the truth? :-k

It's entirely possible that the FFA's Media Department 'rounds-up' some of these percentages, as the point of the article was to spruik the A-League's growth and note how Heart, Glory and Phoenix's percentage gains were not mentioned and also the spin surround Newcastle - who fell short of their record by a thousand, but 'still topped 10k' - which was great, but if we talk in-terms of percentage increase, they were technically down. FTR I checked Heart, due to their reliable figures, and their percentage increase was around a quite reasonable 10%. And it would not remind me if Glory's real numbers were indeed rather stagnant that period. Phoenix too. Both Glory and Phoenix only really pulled their fingers out to grow by another thousand each, in more recent times.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search