★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

Author
SutherlandFan
Rising Star
Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A positive for Marrone is the ball boy incident has made everyone forget how poor he was on the field, gifting so many opportunities to Sydney.
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 22 Nov 2017 3:51 PM
mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 3:44 PM

Nope.  

Play with fire, expect to get burnt.

This made me laugh. Post of the year.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 4:01 PM
433 - 22 Nov 2017 3:56 PM

I don't think what Marrone did would actually cause any of those injuries, just the idea that people wanted the ball boy to be injured because of his cheating is highly exaggerated (a couple of keyboard warriors aside). 

You sound like the type to get regularly beaten up by your little sister.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

SutherlandFan - 22 Nov 2017 9:16 PM
 A positive for Marrone is the ball boy incident has made everyone forget how poor he was on the field, gifting so many opportunities to Sydney.

Marrone has been one of our best and most consistent players all season so far. I have remarked several times in previous games how he is such a solid player and just doesn't make errors and is massively underrated.

He had a F**KING shocker of a game. Everything he touched was a disaster. I have no idea what was wrong with him but the red card really just topped off the worst game I have ever seen him play. I had been calling for him to be subbed by Ochieng (who is actually a RB not a winger) since looong before the incident.
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Let's be honest, the kid in a moment of 'heroism' thought of how he will be lauded in front of his friends about how he didn't pass the ball to the opposition player. Ban him from all ballboy duties. Little fucker.
Edited
7 Years Ago by n i k o
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
TheSelectFew - 23 Nov 2017 8:18 AM
mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 4:01 PM

You sound like the type to get regularly beaten up by your little sister.

Because it's targeted at me I'll let it slide and leave you with the following below but personal attacks are against forum rules. Something for which you are a repeat offender.

You sound like the type of guy that has poor reading comprehension.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Davide82 - 23 Nov 2017 9:43 AM
SutherlandFan - 22 Nov 2017 9:16 PM

Marrone has been one of our best and most consistent players all season so far. I have remarked several times in previous games how he is such a solid player and just doesn't make errors and is massively underrated.

He had a F**KING shocker of a game. Everything he touched was a disaster. I have no idea what was wrong with him but the red card really just topped off the worst game I have ever seen him play. I had been calling for him to be subbed by Ochieng (who is actually a RB not a winger) since looong before the incident.

I thought he was poor against Newcastle too (and even got dragged) but yes he's normally Mr Consistent.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

mcjules - 23 Nov 2017 10:38 AM
Davide82 - 23 Nov 2017 9:43 AM

I thought he was poor against Newcastle too (and even got dragged) but yes he's normally Mr Consistent.

Yeah I'm willing to believe that.
I wasn't paying much attention that game and I was annoyed at how shit we were full stop.
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

mcjules - 23 Nov 2017 10:37 AM
TheSelectFew - 23 Nov 2017 8:18 AM

Because it's targeted at me I'll let it slide and leave you with the following below but personal attacks are against forum rules. Something for which you are a repeat offender.

You sound like the type of guy that has poor reading comprehension.

Dictator McJules.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

vanlassen - 23 Nov 2017 11:17 AM

Dictator McJules.

He really is a nice guy. 

For a dictator.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Also I fail to see what I said was banworthy.

But okay.

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew - 23 Nov 2017 11:20 AM

But okay.

You were not very nice.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

But okay.

Just so it's clear.

Insults/Personal Attacks.
No personal attacks on fellow forum users and/or moderators. Criticise the idea, not the person. 

In isolation maybe not directly ban-worthy but you are a repeat offender. Couldn't give a shit about what you say about me TBH but your behaviour can be intimidating to others.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Dictator McJules.

Sanctimonious McJules

Member since 2008.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

vanlassen - 23 Nov 2017 11:28 AM

You were not very nice.

#LeaveYourCutOnionsOut

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

Munrubenmuz - 23 Nov 2017 11:58 AM

Sanctimonious McJules

He's like that kid that got bullied heaps in school and became a police officer.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

mcjules - 23 Nov 2017 11:28 AM

Just so it's clear.

Insults/Personal Attacks.
No personal attacks on fellow forum users and/or moderators. Criticise the idea, not the person. 

In isolation maybe not directly ban-worthy but you are a repeat offender. Couldn't give a shit about what you say about me TBH but your behaviour can be intimidating to others.

Intimidating? Me? That's a first.

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 23 Nov 2017 11:58 AM

Sanctimonious McJules

Image result for popcorn.gif

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

TSF is passionate the way I see it in general on the forum, you got let things go over the head at times (were adults arn't we) for most things regards football discussion is emotional but I'm not surprised by mcjules response.

Love Football

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

LFC. - 23 Nov 2017 12:11 PM
TSF is passionate the way I see it in general on the forum, you got let things go over the head at times (were adults arn't we) for most things regards football discussion is emotional but I'm not surprised by mcjules response.

Don't agree with any of that. Also haven't taken any action over what he posted except to warn him over it.

The post however is a lazy argument, adds nothing to the discussion except to try and denigrate someone and is therefore against forum rules.  Posting this stuff about me doesn't bother me, I'm comfortable enough in my own skin and confident enough in my own convictions to not take any of these things to heart. I also know this isn't always the case for others and may either flame back in retaliation (derailing threads) or be reluctant to post.

BTW we do let a lot of things go, for everyone of you that has brigaded to support TSF (and have a go at me) in this thread, there are many more who report posts or PM mods asking us to do more to control threads. We try to keep a balance.

Anyway this is off topic, if you want to discuss this more start another thread in the Feedback forum or ET.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

TSF is passionate

That's one word to describe him I suppose. 

Either way if nobody is complaining just let it go Mcjules. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

mcjules in full blown precious sanctimonious mode. He should save it for his public service monthly assessment review- state public service seems to be the place for this sort of stuff at the moment.
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Marrone seems to have lost a little bit of his pace- which used to be one of his strong points. Too often he stops and passes backwards, and can't always turn his way out of trouble like he used to. Hopefully it is just a temporary dip in form.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

mcjules - 23 Nov 2017 12:31 PM

Don't agree with any of that. Also haven't taken any action over what he posted except to warn him over it.

The post however is a lazy argument, adds nothing to the discussion except to try and denigrate someone and is therefore against forum rules.  Posting this stuff about me doesn't bother me, I'm comfortable enough in my own skin and confident enough in my own convictions to not take any of these things to heart. I also know this isn't always the case for others and may either flame back in retaliation (derailing threads) or be reluctant to post.

BTW we do let a lot of things go, for everyone of you that has brigaded to support TSF (and have a go at me) in this thread, there are many more who report posts or PM mods asking us to do more to control threads. We try to keep a balance.

Anyway this is off topic, if you want to discuss this more start another thread in the Feedback forum or ET.

Excuse me, my record on here pretty much stands on staying on the subject at hand but on the odd occasion you need to get things straight.
Am I not surprised you don't agree ? yet you can present your ott pov on the subject at hand regards the ball boy incident and posters countering your pov are pulled into line - like come on please.
regards my short post I had NO intent of denigrating but to point out the obvious of letting things go by the way side how some express themselves and this is another example the way you read it, ott, stand over response And then accuse me of denigrating.
As I quoted (were all adults - I hope) that doesn't surprise me pm's go back and forth to mods about this or that of x poster good or bad.
(as for me I have never bothered doing this for isn't it smarter to just ignore what you don't like to read and just take a deep breath for a mo)
I agree its about keeping the balance and a lot would be left alone and this was one of them imo and it was relevant to the situation but you seem to think otherwise - thats ok I can live with that but you then have accused me of denigrating you and the insult of a lazy argument - like hello.

sydneyfc1987 quotes, just let it go, I'm sure you have had countless pm's with TSF in the past and from others - quoting your comfortable in your own skin and not taking it to heart with the chest out but........
Hence the derailing - and denigrating me whilst at it.

Agree lets get back on topic.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

LFC. - 23 Nov 2017 2:46 PM
mcjules - 23 Nov 2017 12:31 PM

Excuse me, my record on here pretty much stands on staying on the subject at hand but on the odd occasion you need to get things straight.
Am I not surprised you don't agree ? yet you can present your ott pov on the subject at hand regards the ball boy incident and posters countering your pov are pulled into line - like come on please.
regards my short post I had NO intent of denigrating but to point out the obvious of letting things go by the way side how some express themselves and this is another example the way you read it, ott, stand over response And then accuse me of denigrating.
As I quoted (were all adults - I hope) that doesn't surprise me pm's go back and forth to mods about this or that of x poster good or bad.
(as for me I have never bothered doing this for isn't it smarter to just ignore what you don't like to read and just take a deep breath for a mo)
I agree its about keeping the balance and a lot would be left alone and this was one of them imo and it was relevant to the situation but you seem to think otherwise - thats ok I can live with that but you then have accused me of denigrating you and the insult of a lazy argument - like hello.

sydneyfc1987 quotes, just let it go, I'm sure you have had countless pm's with TSF in the past and from others - quoting your comfortable in your own skin and not taking it to heart with the chest out but........
Hence the derailing - and denigrating me whilst at it.

Agree lets get back on topic.

I made a crucial typo and meant to say "I don't disagree with any of that"  Apologies for that :laugh:

The post I was referring to however is TSF's not yours. There was no issue with what you posted and I didn't denigrate you (or him) at all.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Mcjules slipping.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Adelaide United’s Michael Marrone reaches out to ball boy as players union slams FFA reaction

THE players union has slammed Football Federation Australia’s match review panel for citing Adelaide United’s Michael Marrone over the FFA Cup final ball boy incident.

A repentant Marrone has reached out to the ball boy in the middle of Tuesday’s Cup final storm where the Adelaide defender was sent off after the youngster inexplicably held onto the match ball deep in extra time when Adelaide was chasing the game.

Marrone tried to grab the ball after the boy turned his back on the defender. When the ball went to ground, it sparked a wild melee.

The 30-year-old has received supportive statements from his peers talking to media outlets and posting on social media and also now has the back of the Professional Footballers Association.

Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time1:10
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
Hands off our ball boys!

PFA chief executive John Didulica claims the FFA’s match review panel had made a significant error by citing Marrone after the send off.

“This could and should have been dealt with promptly,’’ Didulica said.

“Michael was punished with a red card and in our view that is sufficient.

“We have already spoken with Michael and offered unconditional support to help defend the reputation of one of the absolute gentlemen of the sport.”

The incident tarnished the most exciting FFA Cup final to date where Sydney FC won 2-1 after a Bobo extra time winner.

Marrone was the only player sent off after Sydney’s Matt Simon seemingly inflamed the incident when he shirt-fronted the South Australian.

A screengrab showing Sydney FC player Matt Simon approaching Adelaide United player Michael Marrone as he tries to recover the ball from the ball boy during extra time of the FFA Cup final at Allianz Stadium on Tuesday. Picture: FoxSports

United coach Marco Kurz calmly talked to Simon, urging him to keep his cool, diffusing the situation before Marrone was marched off the park by referee Kris Griffiths-Jones.

“The incident with the ball boy that occurred on Tuesday night is one that I am sincerely regretful over,” Marrone said.

“I acted in the heat of the moment and in no way intended any harm.

“Since the match I have made contact with the family involved to pass on my apologies and regret for what happened and the unnecessary stress it has caused them”.

“The family have been very supportive.

“Both the family and I hope to now move on from this situation and I understand and respect the FFA process we must now go through to do so”.

The Reds defender has to face FFA’s independent disciplinary and ethics committee for a hearing on a yet to be determined date.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time4:38
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
Ersan Gulum speaks about the scuffle with the ball boy

Marrone has been banned for Sunday’s Reds clash against Western Sydney Wanderers at Hindmarsh because of the red card and may face more sanctions after he was cited for “serious unsporting conduct.”

Marrone — United’s current longest-serving player who made his way to the senior team after he was part of the original youth team in 2008 — has only been sent off once prior to Tuesday night in his 195 games career.

In a touch of irony Griffiths-Jones brandished that red card in 2015 in a 4-1 win over Melbourne City at Hindmarsh.

He was sent off for a foul on former City midfielder Erik Partaalu.

FFA Cup ball boy clash: players union slams FFA | Adelaide Now

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

yeah yeah but he is a gentleman. 
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

We all do and say things we regret in the heat of the moment. I'm sure everyone just wants to move on.

I will say though as a parent, I would be extremely embarrassed if that was one of my kids. Yes at the tine be concerned that Marrone reacted like that but I would the kids parents have explained to him that it is a privilege not a right to be a ball boy, so therefore you present yourself and do the job in an acceptable manner. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by bigpoppa
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Out of curiosity - do suspensions from Cup games in other countries usually result in League bans? I know I could google it but someone surely knows. Seems weird to me.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search