Round of 16 Match 3 | Netherlands vs Mexico

Round of 16 Match 3 | Netherlands vs Mexico

Author
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
GO ORANJE!!!

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Mexicans giving their best impression of "You're shit ahhh!"

Viennese Vuck

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Watching this on a stream in Spanish because you know theyll be more interesting than either Zelic, Kalac or Culina

You don't get Zelic, Kalac or Culina on the SBS streams. :)

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Dutch substitute in the 9th minute.
De Jong OFF
Bruno Martin ON

De Jong must be carrying an injury.

Let's hope it doesn't affect the Dutch like the early substitute affected Portugal in their opening game.

Edited by Heineken: 30/6/2014 02:11:23 AM

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Will SBS streams have commentators going GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL if/when a goal is scored?

Nah. Got a crisp English commentator. At least I can understand what he's saying. :lol:

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Mexicans giving their best impression of "You're shit ahhh!"

Pay them their dues, it was the only thing I heard over the vuvus last time.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

What was the Dutch keper doing there!!!

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

The Mexicans seem to be content at shooting from distance. Mut admit, Cillessen hasn't looked too comfortable between the sticks for the Dutch today.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Great first touch by Van Persie. The finish left a lot to be desired. I think he was a tad surprised to be called on-side there.

Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Jeez, can you imagine the amount of drink breaks that would be needed in Qatar!?
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Martin Tyler seems grumpier than usual.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Sheesh. Tempreture in the shade is 38.8 degrees, with the humidity in the high 60s.

Yeah, I can understand the water break, and I can understand why the Dutch look rather lethargic. The Mexicans would be much more used to the conditions than the Dutch.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Sheesh. Tempreture in the shade is 38.8 degrees, with the humidity in the high 60s.

Yeah, I can understand the water break, and I can understand why the Dutch look rather lethargic. The Mexicans would be much more used to the conditions than the Dutch.

Google tells me it's 30 in Fortaleza right now?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Google tells me it's 30 in Fortaleza right now?

Eh? I'm just repeating what I've heard on my stream. :lol:

The google "thermometer", probably isn't taking into account the accumulated body head from there being 50,000 people crammed into the stadium.

Either way, the Dutch are struggling big time. They're going to be happy going into the sheds at 0-0.

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

31C and 50% humidity. Not worthy of a drinks break for FFA.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

playmaker11 wrote:
31C and 50% humidity. Not worthy of a drinks break for FFA.

Apparently Van Gaal organised it.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

Might that be a reason for so many empty seats? People opted for the ones in the shade? No idea there but Mexico are definitely more comfortable. The temp in Germany at the moment is perfect for football at around 21. Qatar will need a fire hose to cool the players down, or an ice bath.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

So far the Dutch have
Kicked a player in the head
Taken a dive
Kicked a player on the ground.
[-(
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Get put pf jail free card there for Mexico. That might come back to haunt the Dutch. They won't get too many opportunities and that was a golden one.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

lol imagine if it all ended with that!
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Robben was actually hit first according to the replay. Mexico the better side right now but The Netherlands will bring it in the second.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Half Time:

Netherlands: 0
Mexico: 0

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

johnszasz wrote:
Robben was actually hit first according to the replay. Mexico the better side right now but The Netherlands will bring it in the second.

I dunno. The Dutch were struggling with the heat the whole half. Robben and Van Persie have had few moments of brilliance, but I think it's going to be an error like we saw just then at the back half that's going to decide this game. A wayward pass, or a slip, or just general fatigue.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

One of these teams needs iridium, I'll take them
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro

HOLY FUCK
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

WHAT A SHOT BY DOS SANTOS!!!!

The Mexicans have been shooting from distance all afternoon!!!!!!! I told you it'd be a piece of individual brillance that'd break this open!!!

Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro

Hopefully the Dutch start to play now.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

GOOOOLLL Mexico! very nice.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Ochoa!!!!
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro

Now they are starting to play :roll:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search