Australia in the Driving Seat?

Australia in the Driving Seat?

Author
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Japan and Iran the two teams we feared the most are out.

Surely having the tournament at home, we are the favourites to win this? Yes we lost to Korea but if we were to make the final we will be the favourite against Korea / Iraq.

Imagine if we were to win the tournament and Iraq made the final :lol:

Wins against Kuwait, Oman, China, UAE, Iraq to win it :o :lol:
fu11back
fu11back
Under 7s
Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)

ange shiting himself because we must win the cup now. it when from we must get to semi to we must win the cup now
GGfortythree
GGfortythree
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Ours to lose
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Ours to lose now.
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

UAE are more than capable of beating us if they can beat Japan.

Im not close to confident tbh.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Yeah My thoughts too, ours to lose. What a situation to win our first Major Tournament at Senior level as Men.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

Socceroofan4life wrote:

No need to be confident, however you must admit we are the favourites going into that game, and would be going into a final at home.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Socceroofan4life wrote:

You obviously didn't watch the game. If Honda, Kagawa and Muto didn't go full retard in front of goal they would have put 6 passed them at least.

We will absolutely wallop the UAE if we find our groove in Newcastle.
Drunken_Fish
Drunken_Fish
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
South Korea did beat us so we cannot be too cocky but yes we are the best team left.

I used to be Drunken_Fish

JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

50cal_Puskàs wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Japan and Iran were the two teams that I thought were most likely to win it so they're both gone.

Based on what? Japan's rubbishy under-performance back in June? Iran's... Iran's... theft of stealth drone technology?

:?

Korea was the poorest side at the World Cup along with us from Asia. Korea really should have finished on 0 points if it was not for the russian keeper gifting them a point.

Iran looked rock solid at this tournament, didn't think anyone would put a goal past them, in fact if it were not for the red they would have got through, i felt they were the better team playing around 80 minutes with 10 men and scoring 2 goals. At the World Cup Iran looked decent to me, at least in the first 2 games the defence was rock solid, they tried to come out and play against Bosnia who were clearly on another level to them.

Japan is the known powerhouse, i always knew we would have a 50/50 chance against them as they can't finish and can't deal with our physicality but still Japan is the team with the most well known players, defending champions and the bookies favourite.
absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

It's all relative.. Would've Iran performed that well in our group? Australia as bad in theirs? We'll never know so I don't why anyone is taking anything from the WC.

Re: op everyone that's still in it is in the driver's seat until you go behind in the match. Today of all days should've taught us that..

Edited by absent_doz_2259: 24/1/2015 12:40:38 AM
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Australia v South Korea final.

Way better than UAE V Iraq
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

We'll pump UAE. They showed tonight that they can't mark off crosses and Cahill, Milligan and Jedinak will punish them.
Redington Steele
Redington Steele
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)Hardcore Fan (241 reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
We'll pump UAE. They showed tonight that they can't mark off crosses and Cahill, Milligan and Jedinak will punish them.

Not sure that we'll pump them but their difficulties with defending crosses was noticeable tonight. Japan missed some dead set sitters.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Stop counting chickens!
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

Absent_doz_2259 wrote:

It's all relative.. Would've Iran performed that well in our group? Australia as bad in theirs? We'll never know so I don't why anyone is taking anything from the WC.

Re: op everyone that's still in it is in the driver's seat until you go behind in the match. Today of all days should've taught us that..

Are we favourites to win it? It's a dream draw.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Nup, I'm absolutely confident that Cahill will kill them.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

If Timbo has a bad night , then forget it. You are completely a one man band, one trick pony, etc etc.
At the start i thought you would do well to reach the semi's, nothing has changed my train of thought.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR wrote:
If Timbo has a bad night , then forget it. You are completely a one man band, one trick pony, etc etc.
At the start i thought you would do well to reach the semi's, nothing has changed my train of thought.

Not sure if you're trolling or just stupid.

Cahill had an off night against Oman and we scored 4.

We've had 8 different scorers in 4 games.

Edited by sydneyfc1987: 24/1/2015 01:52:24 AM

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

JonoMV wrote:
Absent_doz_2259 wrote:

Are we favourites to win it? It's a dream draw.

Favourites? I think so yes.
We should be better prepared, better conditioned, better rested, our research of the opposition should be better than theirs, our best players are better than their best and if we go up before they do, we will certainly be in the 'drivers seat'.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

JonoMV wrote:
Yeah My thoughts too, ours to lose. What a situation to win our first Major Tournament at Senior level as Men.

The 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004 OFC Nations Cup say hi.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

gk99
gk99
Amateur
Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)

I don't think we're in the driving seat, Sth Korea have shown defensively they are hard to break down (only team without conceding left if I recall). I think fans confidence though with Japan and Iran out has lifted.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
JonoMV wrote:

Major tournament

E

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

JonoMV wrote:

dont get ahead of yourself. it's certainly not ours to lose.

we have to beat south korea. they are the form team for the tournament and are the favourites.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

inala brah wrote:
JonoMV wrote:

we have to beat south korea. they are the form team for the tournament and are the favourites.

Who only beat us one nil with our best players sitting on the bench.

I believe we have more than enough to beat them.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

paulbagzFC wrote:
inala brah wrote:
JonoMV wrote:

Who only beat us one nil with our best players sitting on the bench.

I believe we have more than enough to beat them.

-PB

And we would be at home, inalabrah is just downplaying it not to cause a jinx, it is ours to win. Whether we do it or not we will see, many things can happen but it is silly to believe we would not be favourites at the moment, even with the loss to South Korea.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

GabMVFC wrote:
Heineken wrote:
JonoMV wrote:

Major tournament

haha yeah, I intentionally wrote Major Tournament so nubs here don't act smart with the OFC Nations Cup, Heineken :oops: :oops:
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
SUTHERLANDBEAR wrote:

How many against Sth Korea, the best team you have played against ?
The first 8 goals were against dross TBF.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

SUTHERLANDBEAR wrote:
sydneyfc1987 wrote:
SUTHERLANDBEAR wrote:

How many against Sth Korea, the best team you have played against ?
The first 8 goals were against dross TBF.

YOU? where you from?

If we win the tournament you will probably be saying it doesn't count because we did not beat Japan and Iran :roll:

Redcarded
Redcarded
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Everyone just needs to calm the F down. All remaining teams have capable scorers, and we still have a defense capable of incredible brain farts of mind smashing proportions. That isn't to say that we can't win it, just that we are still in the same situation as before, beat down the team in front of us one fame at a time
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search