THE FREMANTLE CITY A LEAGUE LICENSE BID

Author
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
So this was posted on Facebook earlier today...

Hello FCFC Members

Its been a work in progress for some time now and on behalf of the FCFC I'm ready to share the subject line bid to the public at large within the next 2 weeks and without going into the detail here of all elements of the model, I wanted to share the part where the WA football clubs and their members (including our own) play their part as stakeholders and where you can be a part of it.

The model is strictly a "Fan First" one, and I am looking for Foundation Football Club Members (FFCM) from where these fans will come from to support the new Fremantle City A League club.

The model is reverse engineered to put in place what every club wants, sufficient supporter numbers to underpin revenues to avoid reliance, in the A leagues case, to wealthy investor owners and corporate sponsors, who form a part of the model but will not be the difference whether the club survives financially or not.

The FFCM invest no money, are exposed to no financial risk and on the contrary - share in revenue paid directly in proportion to the individual members of the A League club who are also members of the FFCM,

A % of the A League clubs profit will also be distributed to the FFCM (under the same formula above) as the second bonus income payment.

The model will be unique for the A League, I do have a desire to see funds flow back from the top competition of the game to the grass root not for profit clubs as is the case with the AFL, it's not going to happen with the FFA anytime soon and I hope this small initiative, if supported, may be the start of something greater for our game here in WA and the supporters of it.

I will be conducting meetings next week with a number of clubs outside of the FCFC who have expressed an interest to be a part of it, from the FCFC Member perspective, if you support the idea of a second WA A League license and want to receive information on a regular basis on how to be a member of this new A League Club, then if you have not done so already register with TeamApp, select the Fremantle City Football Club and then select the access group of FCFC A League Club.

You are welcome to share this post for this is a new A League Club Model for the person who counts as # 1, you, the fan.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to us all.

Maurice Oteri
President.
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Sorry, if there's a way to undo the caps in the topic title let me know, can't seem to undo this in edit...

Wonder how far off a license they'd be in all reality. How far is Freo from nib Stadium?
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

EXPANSION THREAD
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Jeez, how many clubs we gonna ave

And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Jonsnow - 23 Nov 2016 4:10 PM
Jeez, how many clubs we gonna ave

Give 'em a call and ask

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2zr1a2w.jpg

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
View from the fence - 23 Nov 2016 4:23 PM
Jonsnow - 23 Nov 2016 4:10 PM

Give 'em a call and ask

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2zr1a2w.jpg

Who is Adara Partners? Are they a Consultant to the FFA? A Fremantle bid makes sense.
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Soft News - 23 Nov 2016 4:26 PM
View from the fence - 23 Nov 2016 4:23 PM

Who is Adara Partners? Are they a Consultant to the FFA? A Fremantle bid makes sense.

Yep

Notice how there's a new media report each day, just as the FFA demand bids by Dec 9

Seems like Football's the fastest growing sport in the Universe right now.

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Some guy with no funding and a pie in the Sky plan. Ore chance of an M80 team making the HAL.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Nvm
Edited
8 Years Ago by Iridium1010
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

I don't understand what model he is actually proposing. He's asking people to sign up as foundation members but without asking them to financially invest, and then saying as an incentive for doing that we will give you some of the profits? Seems crazy. Hell - I'll sign up if you want to just throw money away.
biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Maurice Oteri is a very clever and successful man, who is heavily committed to football.  He has just spent the last two years shepherding through a process which has seen two of Fremantle's oldest clubs (East Fremantle Tricolore and Fremantle United) combine into one playing entity, Fremantle City.  Last season, they won State League Div 2 and will play in SL Div 1 this coming season.  

Having said that, while I wish them luck and would look forward to a local derby, I won't be getting onboard. 

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

A crowdfunded A-League team??

I don't know if the FFA will go for it ... especially if the FootballWest bid is even half decent.
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
sokorny - 23 Nov 2016 5:25 PM
crowdfunded

Just like that zach braff movie

It was crap
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

biscuitman1871 - 23 Nov 2016 5:10 PM
Maurice Oteri is a very clever and successful man, who is heavily committed to football.  He has just spent the last two years shepherding through a process which has seen two of Fremantle's oldest clubs (East Fremantle Tricolore and Fremantle United) combine into one playing entity, Fremantle City.  Last season, they won State League Div 2 and will play in SL Div 1 this coming season.  

Having said that, while I wish them luck and would look forward to a local derby, I won't be getting onboard. 

Maybe.

With Subiaco using lawyers to avoid being relegated from the NPL, Joondalup have been denied promotion from SL1.
Haven't heard from FW (who are probably making it all up as they go) what this means for next season...
- 13 team SL1?
or 
- Fremantle denied promotion to SL1?

biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

petszk - 23 Nov 2016 6:27 PM

Maybe.

With Subiaco using lawyers to avoid being relegated from the NPL, Joondalup have been denied promotion from SL1.
Haven't heard from FW (who are probably making it all up as they go) what this means for next season...
- 13 team SL1?
or 
- Fremantle denied promotion to SL1?

No - it means that Subiaco stay in NPL, Joondalup stay in SL1 (1 - 1 = 0 ).  Fremantle are taking the place of Shamrock Rovers who finished last in Div 1 and have been relegated to Div 2.

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

There is enough demand for TWO DIVISIONS of 16 each, maybe just not enough money but I have to ask the the F.... have the FFA been doing for the last 5 years, we should already be at 13 clubs by nowgoing to 16 next expansion and starting a Div2 ... fish where the fish are, gallop lost his rod LoL

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

biscuitman1871 - 23 Nov 2016 6:31 PM

No - it means that Subiaco stay in NPL, Joondalup stay in SL1 (1 - 1 = 0 ).  Fremantle are taking the place of Shamrock Rovers who finished last in Div 1 and have been relegated to Div 2.

The Rovers were one of the top teams in Div 1 a few years ago ... what happened to them?
biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro

sokorny - 23 Nov 2016 6:33 PM

The Rovers were one of the top teams in Div 1 a few years ago ... what happened to them?

Lost a lot of players - some of them to Fremantle City actually.  They have also been stuffed around with their home ground.  Vic Park Council refuses to upgrade their home ground so they actually moved their State League set up out to Lockridge for a couple of seasons (amateurs still played at Vic Park) but from what I heard the City of Swan didn't follow through on its commitments either.

Their 18s have historically been very poor so they have nothing coming up.  They had one good season where they won the 18s league with a team of predominantly African lads but none of them got given a go in the reserves or first team and left.  They are also pretty strong in the amateurs (promoted about three seasons in a row and cup winners too until last season) which impacts on their depth.

sokorny
sokorny
Pro

biscuitman1871 - 23 Nov 2016 6:40 PM
sokorny - 23 Nov 2016 6:33 PM

Lost a lot of players - some of them to Fremantle City actually.  They have also been stuffed around with their home ground.  Vic Park Council refuses to upgrade their home ground so they actually moved their State League set up out to Lockridge for a couple of seasons (amateurs still played at Vic Park) but from what I heard the City of Swan didn't follow through on its commitments either.

Their 18s have historically been very poor so they have nothing coming up.  They had one good season where they won the 18s league with a team of predominantly African lads but none of them got given a go in the reserves or first team and left.  They are also pretty strong in the amateurs (promoted about three seasons in a row and cup winners too until last season) which impacts on their depth.

Fair enough, my local team is the SW Phoenix ... so pretty hard to follow a lot going on in the Perth comps for me.
biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro

sokorny - 23 Nov 2016 6:48 PM
biscuitman1871 - 23 Nov 2016 6:40 PM

Fair enough, my local team is the SW Phoenix ... so pretty hard to follow a lot going on in the Perth comps for me.

You have the best player outside of the NPL in your team IMO - Carlo Chiellini 

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Maurice Oteri is a very clever and successful man, who is heavily committed to football. 

He may be, but he sure as shit isn't a good writer.
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Well...

I feel like a fucking idiot now. :crying:

RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)

sokorny - 23 Nov 2016 5:25 PM
A crowdfunded A-League team??

I don't know if the FFA will go for it ... especially if the FootballWest bid is even half decent.

My initial thoughts too,  but then why would anyone trust footballwest to organise anything after the Subiaco/Joondalup fiasco?

He might have half a chance.

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Non starter
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

And another one.
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Interesting to see some interest in this. Way down the list though. But would much prefer a Fremantle side for a derby rather than a 'WA' side. 
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

There is no chance on Earth this is going to happen. It sounds like a mad pyramid scheme though so I might try get in at the top.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search