Peter Drouyn Accuses Slater of Stealing the Wave Pool Concept. [Comments]

Peter Drouyn Accuses Slater of Stealing the Wave Pool Concept....

Author
TracksBot
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Cbac1969
Cbac1969
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

This is definitely worthy of further investigation. If a patent expires I guess it's anybody's.
doggge
doggge
Under 7s
Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)

Peter, if what you says is correct; you my friend started the corporate race to the top when you first applied for the Patent. You could have left the wave generator an open sourced tech to the betterment of the whole surf community but you attempted to lock it down. When you could not capitalise on the patent and it expired (you could have renewed it) you cry fowl play when someone comes along with the determination to make it happen. If you had the Patent, could you not find someone to bankroll you? I am not taking either side here and i do not know the full story but this is how a market works. You failed to capitalise so your out.
Riseofthewaves2017
Riseofthewaves2017
Under 7s
Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)

You have to admire "perfumed pussies" Ive never heard that before.
westerly.windina@gmail.com...
westerly.windina@gmail.com
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

Good evening Doggo,
Your comments are assumed. ..guessed at. Do you play darts?
You seem to know exactly what's in my mind for surfing. Dogge are you sure you have a telepathic electromagnetic radio wave into my brain? You should patent it. But Im not the kind to assume your intentions with it. Doggo my fine friend, my dream is in fact to give and share my wave stadiums with you all...not covet it unscrupulously for myself as Kelly Slater is proposing. K
Doggo did I give my man on man to myself? Did I ask royalties on it? No I gave it as a gift to the community. Only problem is the surf mafia of Quicky Billgong and Ripe Curl (did I get the spelling wrong?) Those guys kept me exiled and wanted nothing to do with me because Doggo if I were to have surfers controlling surfing destiny via wave stadiums...they would lose their control over contests marketing star stables judges and Pro Association. I'll tell you what they did; they wiped out community involvement for massive riches selling surfing out and exiting with our money...two of them the founders scarped with al the loot.. Did you know that? You don't know me Doggo and whats in my mind...dont make assertions that are untrue...no hard feelings. ..join up and commit yourself to a new fund being created by all donors Fed govt guaranteed and audited monthly. ..come on the funding committee ...join the surfers and non surfers to create my dream where everyone is an owner not just KELLY SLATER AND HIS FLAWED WAVE...all my best to you and family.
Peter Drouyn.
scarygary
scarygary
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

Patent expired
End of story
It's nobody's fault but your own
Stop whining about something you let go
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

Hey Gary...your not "scary" at all...but Just another tall poppy-cutter rising out of a world you call yours. Don't worry "Scary", maybe one day you'll let go and join the rest of us.
Under 7s

Gee whiz, has anyone got anything intellectually rational to say?...something positive? Does anyone here know any history? Do you really think I'd waste my time replying to "traitors" with undeniable, past jealousies. There's perhaps more here than the eye perceives. Am I talking to Australians? Or am I talking to paid offshore puppets? Anyone with loyalty to their country and have respect for those whose lives have been spent giving and not taking should be disgusted with you people.
Under 7s

My patent expired because I was penniless. My man on man system was ripped off me...and I was forced into exile. How would you feel...one day after the first "Stubbies Classic" at Burleigh 77 and its wonderful man-on-man success... I was fired by a new CEO who had previously disbelieved I could make it work...so did the rest of the board of directors, of a failing company in Brisbane., Edward Fletcher & Sons. The CEO who backed me resigned, because this ladder climber just below him, wanted him, now that the company had made the turn via the competiton success. They renamed the company Stubbies and went on to sponsor the interstate origin football. They went worldwide and so did a bunch of betrayers whom I had trusted...made their booty. Before were 6 to 12 man heats with coloured singlets. Judges trading results... and surfing media in NSW looking after their own. Then I spent two years in and out of the water...flippers...board...measuring devices...poles...all data written in the sand on the beach before transferring to notebook. Between tides from morning to dark. shivering cold...I drew up machines...studied coastal engineering mathematics...checked and rechecked my data... then went to a patent lawyer, Grant Adams, in Brisbane. I spent my last cent on the patent. I then asked the big three Rip Curl, Billabong and then Quicksilver to fund the creation of the Wave Generators in a stadium ; they snubbed me and so to every other call by newspaper or otherwise to back my invention. No one...no one. When I became a civil engineer I realized I had remarkably designed a workable device and bottom contouring with flexible material attached to the wave zone...I could produce any type of wave...I actuated nature inside a stadium. 16 years later and an outcast from surfing and its lynch mob my patent expired...I was devastated...I had no money to amend or vary or leave as is, and take another 16 years, which would have taken it to '96. There was no way by then changes had been made to the controllers of surfing...the big three surf wear companies and their own contests and their own stars...who seem to win there contracted surf-wear company contests time after time...it became corrupted...world titles were tossed between the stars...and millions were made by the stars and the big three...we know now what they did...two of their fodunders cashed up and exited in the nearest cab with hundreds of millions and the other seeing it was all collapsing roun them asked me in 2006 what should it do...I naively and kindly (what a fool) told them I had predicted their downfall and not to follow the others and join the ASX...now they survive but have never indulged me with proactive association. Slater has looked at my patent and of course had to know what i had before he could get his engineer team to make a design. His engineer probably mechanical and not civil or coastal has incorporated my designs and comup with a design that is patented in part by many worldwide engineers...Fincham's "foil" catchword is a blur on normative engineering terminology...its nothing but a well used operation in mechanical design across the world and enjoining foil componentry with oscillation on a vertical axis, on a track is a marriage of standard known engineering devices used for various operations. It's a ring rotating along a track basic...mine is the same except the mode of operandi is different but the effect is the same...my other device alternative is in fact a rotary oscillating collective of concave blades curved to create a foil pitch trailing off each blade without turbulence...it also has in combination with its sister device the combined power to drive massive volumes onto a front berm and sloping shelf similating real waves in nature...a reversing flow channel. My maths are proper flow charts combined to form both potential and kinetic storage. Fincham's and Slater mechanism do not do that. Their wave is flawed totally. And they are now trying to further figure out what they are doing wrong...and will be looking again and again at my patent....there can be no doubt...If they get into Australia America will become the Super Bowl of Surfing with complete control...no more surf wear companies corrupting the man on man system...but even worse...facilitating there own nedia..there own competitions via non surf corporates,,, their own judges...their own policies for all staff to adhere to or else...corruption will go up by a factor of five. I ask all Autralians to stop this take over of our heritage and back my committee for a Wave Stadium fund with every donor receiving shares in the Wave Stadium...for all Australians to own a share...a board to run the stadiums for the shareholders. It would be similar to creating bank with initial float and limited share shares to give all Australians ownership. Please support this fund, and give back surfing to the surfers and workers in the streets, of our country and make our surfing heritage excel well into the future....for our children's future. More on this fund this week....and details on how to add yourself to the list of potential investors. I thank you and hope I have cleared the air in explanation to all, I have no bitterness...I have only a will to see Wave Stadiums work properly and in the hands of Australians and my wonderful supporters
The big three all too often were never going to play my system fairly...maintain the status quo and never let me offer changes to keep evolving man-on -man as the creator...in a fair way...I was snubbed by all contest directors, "banned" from anywhere near the contests...I had no chance... I gave all and surf stars have become millionaires as a result of my blood, sweat and tears. Kelly Slater has benefited from my system...he should be thankful and if he wants he can ask me for advice but under democratic criteria...for the people...by the people...enrich their lives as well as the few. Please support me...I have the future in my hands...I give it again to you...al I want is to run it fairly....and to make waves that will blow your minds. Thank you everyone ..Peter Westerly Drouyn.
scarygary
scarygary
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

If Slater's wave is so flawed I suggest a trip to the eye doctor.
I didn't insult you as did me.My name is only a screen name nothing more or less.Maybe should stop playing the "poor me" card and move on in life.I'm pretty sure someone as intelligent as yourself would be able to find something to do. By the way,the last thing I would want is to be part of " your world"
Under 7s

You're getting more scary by the minute...Gary (?) The beauty of people having their say to behind shadowy recesses. maybe I'm speaking to Elvis Presley(?) I don't know...I can't see you... but you see me...perhaps taking potshots at me is unfair. Well if you can read, you are overly conscious of berating me. I don't know . My God...speak to me with a civil tongue and with respect...think before you speak...don't be hasty...take control...forget your negative inhibitions...your world is beautiful too Gary. Go for it... .
Under 7s

That was the last comment in a series of responses totally unprepared. I can gauge now the level of dissent, on percentages, from our surfing society. To be honest I am overwhelmed by the amount of support. People are afraid to comment, and I understand that. Noticeably all respondents were marginally or fully negative. They amount to 0.0001 of of 1%. Time will tell. I have predicted the future so many times and unfortunately...got it right. I hope this time my life in surfing will respond to our "Stalingrad".

Thank you all.
Peter Westerly Drouyn.
scarygary
scarygary
Under 7s

I didn't mean to insult you.I was just speaking what I felt was the truth.And yes I can read. You're an excellent writer and obviously very intelligent.And at one point one of the best surfer's in the world.I have nothing to hide behind as you suggested.And I have no idea what a poppy-cutter is.
Riseofthewaves2017
Riseofthewaves2017
Under 7s
Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)Under 7s (22 reputation)

Of the Australian definition, Peter Hartcher of the Sydney Morning Herald writes, "(Australian) citizens know that some among them will have more power and money than others... But according to the unspoken national ethos, no Australian is permitted to assume that he or she is better than any other Australian. How is this enforced? By the prompt corrective of levelling derision. It has a name—The "Tall Poppy Syndrome". The tallest flowers in the field will be cut down to the same size as all the others. This is sometimes misunderstood... It isn't success that offends Australians. It's the affront committed by anyone who starts to put on superior airs
Under 7s

Finally, I must reply to that one. Tall Poppy Syndrome is embedded in Australian "culture". Simply put it's a means of gaining advantage by an envious and powerful few to silence an independent rival. who has justified "claims" derived from fact or proof. That proof is intentionally maligned then "blurred" over time, to thr extent that sooner.or later he or she will be forgotten... labeled...and the status quo remain entrenched. Tall Poppy Cutter syndrome has been around since Federation. It can be found in politics....anyone who.has the principle of conviction...has innovative reforms...has leadership.and statesperspn qualities...is s threat to the impish status quo. The syndrome goes right down to the causes of bullying at school or on the Internet. It's become.flagrant. ..direct..not just indirectly...but viciously up front. This is why the country is in the hands of our worst controllers at all.levels and in all spheres. If you are sensitive and possess great merit.
.and you just happen to be a very.decent and even attractive person...I'd suggest going overseas to follow your dreams im an atmosphere.suited.. don't lrave it too late. You're okay Gary...definitely not a scary person. All the best.
Peter Westerly Drouyn.
Under 7s

I've been pressed by supporters to make an appeal to the Australian public, particularly to corporate, government, venture capital, philanthropists and the like, wholly or by allied investment & incorporation. I plead for Australian capital to create a shareholding arrangement toward floating my "AUSTRALIAN WAVE STADIUMS" and their construction. Shareholding may be split between large and small investors.
This is the only chance we have to build a properly constructed artificial wave- generating stadium, and not by an overseas private monopoly. This will be for all Australians, not just a few. Your stadiums will have real, natural, ocean waves, not restricted models making claims that aren't fact or original. With our stadiums you will experience a natural oceanic application.
Please tell your friends or associates and let this offer be known to all...we don't have a large window...the media must get behind our Australian people and make this heritage of ours be aniAustralia first. Thank you : for genuine interest please contact padrouyn@gmail.com
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search