Ninkovic Re-signs

Ninkovic Re-signs

Author
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Sydney FC has made a huge statement of intent for the Hyundai A-League 2017-18 season with the re-signing of Johnny Warren Medalist Milos Ninkovic. 
Just two days after the Sky Blues clinched the Hyundai A-League Championship for a record equalling third time, the Serbian has put pen to paper on a one year international marquee deal. 
Chairman Scott Barlow believes it shows the desire of the club to keep its best players and continue to set the standard in the Hyundai A-League. 
“Sydney FC has undoubtedly raised the bar with our record-breaking season and we want to continue to set the benchmark,” he said. 
“Milos Ninkovic has had a fantastic season and is a key player in the success we have achieved at Sydney FC. 
“We want to build a legacy in football in this country and by keeping our very best players we are taking a huge step towards that aim.” 
Head Coach Graham Arnold says the re-signing will help Sydney FC remain dominant in the A-League. 
“Milos has proven to be a class above this season and his understanding with the rest of our strike force will only continue to flourish. 
“It is a huge tribute to Sydney FC, our staff and the culture we have at the club, that after such a fabulous season, he has agreed to come back for another year. 
“It is an exciting time to be a Sydney FC supporter with the AFC Champions League coming up and a chance to further assert our command on Australian football.” 
Ninkovic, the Hyundai A-League’s best player and Johnny Warren medallist, said he was delighted to be staying with the Sky Blues for a third season. 
“I love this club, I love this city, I love my team-mates and I love our wonderful Members,” he said. 
“This season has been the most special of my career and long may it continue. 
“We have a fantastic squad and we want to stay together and continue to create history.” 
Ninkovic scored the match wining penalty in Sunday’s Hyundai A-League decider and will return home to Serbia this week before coming back to Sydney for pre-season training in July. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

This week just keeps on getting better.

I wonder if Holosko will accept the pay cut? 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Be interesting to see if he struggles next season or improves, good re-signing regardless.
G@ho
G@ho
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)Hardcore Fan (215 reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 9 May 2017 10:56 AM
This week just keeps on getting better.

I wonder if Holosko will accept the pay cut? 

Great news on Ninko. I do hope Holosko is willing to accept a pay cut to stay around. It is a pretty hefty pay-cut though.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Bye bye Holosko? Saw rumours that the roar were after him, would make sense with their front 3 all apparently gone. 
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

What are they paying him?

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Hmm only a one year deal would be somewhat disappointing for SFC fans? Though obviously you would take one year over none!
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Awesome.
I can't think of any players on the team that need to be replaced. But in saying that, Sydney FC do have an aging team and I would probably like to see another attacking player in the line-up.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Fox sports and SEN reported it as it was under the cahill rule.  Im hoping they are wrong. 
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

scubaroo - 9 May 2017 11:33 AM
Fox sports and SEN reported it as it was under the cahill rule.  Im hoping they are wrong. 

Oh dear :laugh:
Eniri
Eniri
Rising Star
Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)

Haha, that can't be true. Every other team would lose their minds
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Eniri - 9 May 2017 11:38 AM

Haha, that can't be true. Every other team would lose their minds

Fox Sports just recently changed their ticker to say "international marquee" which doesn't exist. 
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Surely not. Farce if true.
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

scubaroo - 9 May 2017 11:41 AM
Eniri - 9 May 2017 11:38 AM

Fox Sports just recently changed their ticker to say "international marquee" which doesn't exist. 

Well yeah I guess it does. They removed Australian marquee. So now we just get two international marquees.
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

So who are Sydney going to lose for next season ?

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
soil - 9 May 2017 11:47 AM
scubaroo - 9 May 2017 11:41 AM

Well yeah I guess it does. They removed Australian marquee. So now we just get two international marquees.

Well I mean if we want to be pedantic, it is just "marquee" 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

View from the fence - 9 May 2017 11:52 AM
So who are Sydney going to lose for next season ?

After the last time Victory won the Grand Final from memory they lost barely anyone, and strengthened (Vukovic from memory?). I would say particularly like Arnie says with the majority of the squad already re-signed, there won't be huge shakeups in that squad. 
soil
soil
Pro

pv4 - 9 May 2017 11:53 AM
View from the fence - 9 May 2017 11:52 AM

After the last time Victory won the Grand Final from memory they lost barely anyone, and strengthened (Vukovic from memory?). I would say particularly like Arnie says with the majority of the squad already re-signed, there won't be huge shakeups in that squad. 

Going to be another strong season for Sydney. I can see them keeping Holosko too. Is Bernie returning back on his loan? 
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

jlm8695 - 9 May 2017 11:28 AM
Bye bye Holosko? Saw rumours that the roar were after him, would make sense with their front 3 all apparently gone. 

Not sure about holosko to be honest. He has only played 90 minutes on 4 occasions this season. The whole holman and oar marquee has really hurt the roar. Maybe with injury rehab complete it will be different, but both players are shadows of what they could offer. especially oar. 

But roar got to many young players and old players not enough in the magic 26-30(2) peak age bracket. 

But sydney going to be very strong if they can maintain their squad. Hopefully next season would be far more competative this time around. Especially with ACL commitments for sydney to contend with to really test their depth. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Just on a point in the game... could it have possible ninkovic receives a 2nd yellow after scoring his penalty And taking his shirt off? 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

vanlassen - 9 May 2017 11:32 AM
Awesome.
I can't think of any players on the team that need to be replaced. But in saying that, Sydney FC do have an aging team and I would probably like to see another attacking player in the line-up.

Exactly the reason I wouldn't be overly upset by Holosko's departure, given Bobo has a new deal, Ibini's departure and assuming Brosque,re-signs. 

Saw a rumour a while ago regarding Mitch Duke. He's a former Mariner so I guess its inevitable ;) 

Defence and midfield should be good for years to come but we will need fresh blood up front sooner rather than later. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

scubaroo - 9 May 2017 12:48 PM
Just on a point in the game... could it have possible ninkovic receives a 2nd yellow after scoring his penalty And taking his shirt off? 

Doesn't the full-time whistle go the instant the ball is in the net? Similar to Aloisi in '05 I guess. He didn't get a card. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I think after he scores the game is officially over so no. Players do that all the time and I've never seen a yellow given.

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

This is fucking amazing. We as a league are so lucky to have him

ARNIE= LEGEND

chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 9 May 2017 12:57 PM

Doesn't the full-time whistle go the instant the ball is in the net? Similar to Aloisi in '05 I guess. He didn't get a card. 

Ref is allowed to hand out cards until he's gone into the tunnel. One of the "new" rules that came in last year, I thought it was always the case but they've been making a big deal about it at grassroots level. 
Good luck to the referee handing out a 2nd yellow to the player that just scored the winning penalty celebrating by taking his shirt off in front of 40,000 of his own screaming fans. The place would have been torn apart.
soil
soil
Pro

With ACL Holosko out will allow room for an Australian/Asian marquee. Is Bauss staying?? Bauss, Ninkovic, Bobo + Asian marquee would make a good VISA group for ACL. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

RedKat - 9 May 2017 1:01 PM
This is fucking amazing. We as a league are so lucky to have him

Thank Phil Stubbins for that. He's the one whom scouted him and got him keen on Australia. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

chillbilly - 9 May 2017 1:03 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 9 May 2017 12:57 PM

Ref is allowed to hand out cards until he's gone into the tunnel. One of the "new" rules that came in last year, I thought it was always the case but they've been making a big deal about it at grassroots level. 
Good luck to the referee handing out a 2nd yellow to the player that just scored the winning penalty celebrating by taking his shirt off in front of 40,000 of his own screaming fans. The place would have been torn apart.

Its definitely not new. Was given a yellow card in the club rooms after the game once (at least 5 years ago), though not shown it i was told i got one and it was reported after the game. 
Not arguing that he should but it is strange as it happens all the time after a regular goal, and considering he already had a yellow it would've been pretty funny. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

On a side note, i don't think he deserves to play in diego castro's shadow. 
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Yes, POSSIBLE

Law 12.3 says

A player must be cautioned for:
• climbing onto a perimeter fence
• gesturing in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
• covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
• removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

This applies until

Law 5

The referee has the authority to take disciplinary action from entering the field of play for the pre-match inspection until leaving the field of play after the match ends (including kicks from the penalty mark).

Field of Play is the bit inside the lines, goal and technical area

So, depends if Ref saw it happen before Ref 'left the Field of Play' 

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search