Ninkovic Re-signs

Ninkovic Re-signs

Author
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Sydney FC has made a huge statement of intent for the Hyundai A-League 2017-18 season with the re-signing of Johnny Warren Medalist Milos Ninkovic. 
Just two days after the Sky Blues clinched the Hyundai A-League Championship for a record equalling third time, the Serbian has put pen to paper on a one year international marquee deal. 
Chairman Scott Barlow believes it shows the desire of the club to keep its best players and continue to set the standard in the Hyundai A-League. 
“Sydney FC has undoubtedly raised the bar with our record-breaking season and we want to continue to set the benchmark,” he said. 
“Milos Ninkovic has had a fantastic season and is a key player in the success we have achieved at Sydney FC. 
“We want to build a legacy in football in this country and by keeping our very best players we are taking a huge step towards that aim.” 
Head Coach Graham Arnold says the re-signing will help Sydney FC remain dominant in the A-League. 
“Milos has proven to be a class above this season and his understanding with the rest of our strike force will only continue to flourish. 
“It is a huge tribute to Sydney FC, our staff and the culture we have at the club, that after such a fabulous season, he has agreed to come back for another year. 
“It is an exciting time to be a Sydney FC supporter with the AFC Champions League coming up and a chance to further assert our command on Australian football.” 
Ninkovic, the Hyundai A-League’s best player and Johnny Warren medallist, said he was delighted to be staying with the Sky Blues for a third season. 
“I love this club, I love this city, I love my team-mates and I love our wonderful Members,” he said. 
“This season has been the most special of my career and long may it continue. 
“We have a fantastic squad and we want to stay together and continue to create history.” 
Ninkovic scored the match wining penalty in Sunday’s Hyundai A-League decider and will return home to Serbia this week before coming back to Sydney for pre-season training in July. 
GO

Threaded View

Threaded View
chillbilly - 7 Years Ago
sydneyfc1987 - 7 Years Ago
G@ho - 7 Years Ago
WSF - 7 Years Ago
jlm8695 - 7 Years Ago
lolitsbigmic - 7 Years Ago
marconi101 - 7 Years Ago
sanchez - 7 Years Ago
vanlassen - 7 Years Ago
scubaroo - 7 Years Ago
WSF - 7 Years Ago
Eniri - 7 Years Ago
scubaroo - 7 Years Ago
                     + x [quote] [b] scubaroo - 9 May 2017 11:41 AM [/b]...
soil - 7 Years Ago
                         + x [quote] [b] soil - 9 May 2017 11:47 AM [/b] +...
pv4 - 7 Years Ago
soil - 7 Years Ago
View from the fence - 7 Years Ago
pv4 - 7 Years Ago
                 + x [quote] [b] pv4 - 9 May 2017 11:53 AM [/b] +...
soil - 7 Years Ago
scubaroo - 7 Years Ago
chillbilly - 7 Years Ago
                     + x [quote] [b] chillbilly - 9 May 2017 1:03 PM [/b]...
scubaroo - 7 Years Ago
maxxie - 7 Years Ago
View from the fence - 7 Years Ago
Crusader - 7 Years Ago
RedKat - 7 Years Ago
pv4 - 7 Years Ago
soil - 7 Years Ago
scubaroo - 7 Years Ago
JonoMV - 7 Years Ago

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search