Matildas magic sinks Brazil [Comments]

Matildas magic sinks Brazil [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Good stuff
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Get in ladies. 

Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Funny reading comments online about how it was such a great volley by DeVanna but the truth is that probably every member of this forum has hit a better shot than that. It only went in because the goalkeeper was female, even Janjetovic would have saved that. If enough of us chose to identify as female 442 would be able to put together a side that would win the women's World Cup.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Crusader - 16 Sep 2017 6:02 PM
Funny reading comments online about how it was such a great volley by DeVanna but the truth is that probably every member of this forum has hit a better shot than that. It only went in because the goalkeeper was female, even Janjetovic would have saved that. If enough of us chose to identify as female 442 would be able to put together a side that would win the women's World Cup.

Nah.
Shanagar
Shanagar
Rising Star
Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)

Yep, nope.
I may be in the minority, but ain't never hit a volley that good ever.
(Not when I've been awake anyway)
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Good they've set up these matches while all of Europe had their big tournament to hone their skills. Would love to see the team face some European sides. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paladisious - 16 Sep 2017 6:45 PM

Nah.

Agree.  Lame comment above.  Good vision to find De Vanna.  De Vanna had loads of time to bring that down and have a normal crack but decided to belt it first time.   Top left and pretty much unstoppable. 

Member since 2008.

Ange
Ange
Under 7s
Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)

I find it a little interesting that when our men's and boy's team struggle the National Curriculum always takes a pounding on these forums.... yet, when our women are doing great it doesn't get a mention.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Wow, someone doesn't love his mum.

griff1
griff1
Amateur
Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)

Great shot from De Vanna, would've beaten Maty Ryan!
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Great day out, and great win..the girls are on fire! 
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Fantastic to see the girls killing it. 
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Barca4Life - 16 Sep 2017 7:54 PM
Great day out, and great win..the girls are on fire! 

I was out there too & it was very entertaining!!!

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Ange - 16 Sep 2017 7:44 PM
I find it a little interesting that when our men's and boy's team struggle the National Curriculum always takes a pounding on these forums.... yet, when our women are doing great it doesn't get a mention.

Maybe because they don't play or set up that way.   

The Matildas play out from the back when they can, when they can't they don't.  When a long ball is warranted they use it.  When they outnumber the opposition they go forward at pace rather than backwards or sideways.  

Basically the complete antithesis to the KNVB credentialed around here.

Member since 2008.

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

And leading 2-1 with five minutes to go, they were still attacking in numbers, and not trying to kill the game off by heading for the corner flag!
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Someone has commented about the bias of the ABC. I couldn't believe that they ran the "Heroes" show straight afterwards on the WAFLe season. Never has the reason Sam Kerr doesn't play that game been so clear cut!

Anyway, it was a great game and good on the Ladies. Cracking win!!!!!!!
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

This was actually a good game to watch. The womens team is 100 times better than they where 5/10 years ago (unwatchable). They actually performed at a high level tactically, I'm very impressed with the coach. Good to see them pressing high, playing proactively and actually attacking quickly and getting some crosses in unlike the socceroos. 
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

I'll be up for that. Put me down as a number 8 or 10. 
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Score lots of volleys in front of large crowds do you ? You are either looking for bites (which we all gave you to make you feel good) .....or you are a moron ...hmmmm?

miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I actually saw a lot of parrallels with the Socceroos.
Play out from the back , press high quickly and dominate large parts of the game.
Main differences are though ....they play out well and quickly launch counterattacks while the Brazilians were still getting back, they had Gorry winning everything in midfield, they had backs who knew their jobs and could tackle and win the ball, they had three forwards who were direct and quick but also knew when to shoot......now if only Ange was watching .....

Muz
Muz
Legend

Couple of good snaps from today.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

[quote]
Footballking55 - 16 Sep 2017 9:30 PM
Someone has commented about the bias of the ABC. I couldn't believe that they ran the "Heroes" show straight afterwards on the WAFLe season. Never has the reason Sam Kerr doesn't play that game been so clear cut!

I noticed that as well
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Really enjoyed the match ... these ladies are something very special ... in a few years we may be looking back at them saying remember when ... 
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Interestingly they got a bigger crowd to a friendly than the Great Waste of Space got for their final and Union to the test match in Canberra ... wonders aloud will they out rate on TV as well...
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

@Muz

- the second snap is brilliant. Just shows how much the Women's game has progressed.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 16 Sep 2017 11:49 PM

lol That's great.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Well deserved!
Edited
7 Years Ago by paladisious
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It was a really good game and glad to see the Matildas capitalising on all the (well deserved) attention. Wonder if we'll ever see the W-League season pulled earlier? Would be great for it to run August to a grand final just before Christmas.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Waz - 17 Sep 2017 8:51 AM
It was a really good game and glad to see the Matildas capitalising on all the (well deserved) attention. Wonder if we'll ever see the W-League season pulled earlier? Would be great for it to run August to a grand final just before Christmas.

Dream big, we might even get a full home and away regular season!

With the success of the Matildas and attention given to AFLW the FFA are just mad for not pumping up the W-League.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search