World Cup tickets

World Cup tickets

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
The "first come first serve" window opened today, has anyone gotten or tried to get theirs today?

Thanks to Tiger fucking cancelling my flight home from the Sydney match and in my haste booking a flight that had me in the air when the window opened it looks like I've missed out; after waiting my turn on the site for two hours every category is grey as unavailable for me in the Australian team specific ticket section, and only a few categories have red low availability options for a handful of games in the individual match ticket section, which of course is useless before the draw.

If was a fun ride cheering on the boys all around the place for qualification, and I would have loved to return to Russia, but it looks like this is where I get off unfortunately. I wish my fellow forumites better luck!
Edited
7 Years Ago by paladisious
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Terrible news. Sorry to hear that. You've invested a lot and then get shafted like this. Bitter.

You've answered my question. One can nominate the team they want to see before the draw is out? It makes logical sense. 

It seems a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon and probably a lot of non Aussie grabbing tickets also. Scaling would be near impossible with everything registered plus fan ID I take it. 
SC04
SC04
Fan
Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)

Pala, gutted to hear that after meeting you at the start of the campaign in Bishkek. I logged on 10 mins early and got lucky but had to buy five games not three.

Try again in the next round of ticketing in case they release more seats - you never know.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

SC04 - 16 Nov 2017 11:53 PM
Pala, gutted to hear that after meeting you at the start of the campaign in Bishkek. I logged on 10 mins early and got lucky but had to buy five games not three.Try again in the next round of ticketing in case they release more seats - you never know.

Thanks, I will definitely try again when the next oppotunity arises, and rest assured I've been reloading and starting the queue over on different devices haha

One low availability option did come up on my phone that I was originally using for 6 matches but only in category 1 so it was almost three grand Australian but I went fuck it, but I had some error adding it to my cart. Waiting in line on my PC now, hopefully better luck with that.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

johnszasz - 16 Nov 2017 11:45 PM
Terrible news. Sorry to hear that. You've invested a lot and then get shafted like this. Bitter.

Thanks for your kind words John.

I'm sure the yobbos in Wallabies gear will enjoy their pissup on their Eurotrip. Bitter is the correct word for me right now lol
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I missed out too :(
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

There is W WC 2019 in France as back up I guess. Not sure how safe fan zones and outside stadium will be. Would feel safer in Russia.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Bowden - 17 Nov 2017 12:18 AM
I missed out too :(

:(
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Obesity is a category that could get me a special access ticket, maybe I should pack on a few more kilos lol
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Got in on my PC. Very slim pickings on the individual ticket category remaining now, and nothing doing for the Australia ticket.

Next window opens December 5th, after the draw. Fingers crossed for all of us that missed out this time!
wilkfc
wilkfc
Fan
Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)

Does anyone know if the TST allocation will be replenished for the next phase of ticketing? Or is this pretty much it for ticket chances to follow Australia around? 
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

It will still be tough next round but they usually do leave a fair chunk of tickets in reserve for after the draw, but everything from hotels, flights and even tickets become more expensive, especially if drawn against/in the same location as a big team.

Think of this stage as kind of like a pre-sale for a normal event. The difficult part is it’s the most popular event in the world and tickets are always hard to come by. Best of luck December 5 mate.
wilkfc
wilkfc
Fan
Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)Fan (52 reputation)

99 Problems - 17 Nov 2017 1:27 AM
It will still be tough next round but they usually do leave a fair chunk of tickets in reserve for after the draw, but everything from hotels, flights and even tickets become more expensive, especially if drawn against/in the same location as a big team. Think of this stage as kind of like a pre-sale for a normal event. The difficult part is it’s the most popular event in the world and tickets are always hard to come by. Best of luck December 5 mate.

Ah I see, I've been caught off guard with this whole process admittedly - thanks for your insight, I'll give it a go!
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

wilkfc - 17 Nov 2017 1:25 AM
Does anyone know if the TST allocation will be replenished for the next phase of ticketing? Or is this pretty much it for ticket chances to follow Australia around? 

For the current phase:

Team Specific Ticket Series (TST): TSTs are Ticket strips to follow the national team of your choice. The TST will not always comprise all Matches played by the chosen national team, but only the number of Matches comprised in the package which you have purchased. This means that, depending on which TSTs you applied for, your TSTs may include between three Matches (so called TST3 comprising only the three Group Matches) and seven Matches (so called TST7 comprising all Group Matches, a Round of 16 Match, a Quarter-Final, a Semi-Final and the Final) as explained in the Ticket Application Form. The TST purchased guarantees the customer Tickets for Matches of such rounds of the Competition comprised in the specific TST package purchased by the customer, regardless of whether the Team itself qualifies. The TST7 for any team comprises a Ticket for the Final held in Moscow Luzhniki Stadium. This is the case regardless whether or not the team of your choice will advance to the Final.
TST products are designed to allow you to follow the team of your choice and to enjoy the Competition throughout all Competition rounds selected in your TST product allowing you to plan your trip and confirm the round of Matches you will have Tickets to attend. If your team is eliminated and your TST includes rounds after your team has been eliminated, your TST will remain valid for such round or rounds dependent on the TST product of your choice to follow the team that progresses into the next round of the Competition.
Please note that the Ticket Application Form and the Ticket Confirmation will only identify the national team and the number of Matches of your choice and the purchase will include all Tickets comprised in the requested TST.
If your chosen team does not qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, FIFA will refund the payment made by you for your TST minus an administration fee of 10.00 US Dollars (ten United States Dollars), or the equivalent in Russian Roubles.

Team Specific Ticket Series will be available during Sales Phase (1).

For the next phase December 5th (after the draw):

Supporter Tickets (ST) and Conditional Supporter Tickets (CST): National team supporters can apply for Supporter Tickets for the Group Stage Matches played by the national team between Match 1 and Match 48; national team supporters can also apply for the Conditional Supporter Tickets which are the Tickets available for the four Second Round matches that could potentially be played by the national team in the Round of 16, the Quarter-Finals, the Semi-Finals, the 3rd Place Match and the Final.
All Conditional Supporter Tickets are conditional upon the national team qualifying for the respective match. If your team is eliminated, your right to be provided with, and use, the ordered Conditional Supporter Ticket(s) for such Second Round Match(es) will automatically cease to exist. In such cases you will be refunded for any Second Round Match Ticket(s) purchased by you and not played by your team due to elimination, minus a handling charge deducted by FIFA equivalent to 10.00 US Dollars per customer/guest (up to a maximum of US Dollars 40.00 per order) or the equivalent in Russian Roubles, regardless of the number of Second Round Matches you may have covered through your request.

Supporter Tickets and Conditional Supporter Tickets will be available during the Random Selection Draw of Sales Phase (2).

Clear as mud, right?

So they're arranged in different way in each phase, whether that means any more tickets are released in the next phase is anyone's guess.

Perhaps so if we happen to draw games at the bigger stadia like Krestovsky in Saint Petersburg or Luzhniki in Moscow.

I used to go right past Luzhniki on the metro every day on the way to work. So close and yet so far!

All the above copied from the offical site: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/ticket-information.html

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Also going for individual match tix after the draw will make a whole lot more sense but considering the low availability for that option in this window I imagine pickings will be slim in future, but the process is so opaque it's anyone's guess.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Anyone having any luck?  I'm getting 'none' available on the TST for Australia.

Member since 2008.

Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

Kind of makes sense before the draw they might have to sell a number of TST tickets assuming each game will be in the smallest stadium in case it is. Then after the draw more tickets could become available for games that are not in the smallest stadium.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Waiting at Olympic Park train station immediately after the Honduras game, my pal shows me an email saying he missed out on the World Cup Lottery tickets. He was pretty devastated. And he spent 3 hours last night trying to get tickets, with no result there either.

I feel pretty sad for him, and also our foz pal paladisiosisiosus, because both have put in by supporters standards pretty decent (if not amazing) efforts to support our Roos and have seemingly been left empty-handed here.

After he showed me his Lottery fail email, we began discussing an idea which seems fair, straightforward and relatively easy to implement. Why don't we have something like a points system, that tallys the Socceroos games you have attended, and when these lotteries and first in best dressed whatever comes up the people with the highest amount of points get priority access? The easiest way to implement without too much thinking would be to tie it in with your My Football Family code, so every time you buy a Roos ticket you get points.

For eg why does some random North Shore Rugby Union supporting family whom on Wednesday were offered free work tickets to the Honduras game, went to it, and then on the way home said "fancy a trip to Russia in June, kids?" and got tickets, deserve them over Pala whom from memory hasn't missed an Australian home game, has travelled to Thailand, Kyrgistan, Japan and other places to watch our boys, and lives and breathes the game (not to mention has personal history in Russia).

That way when FIFA want their 4000 lottery tickets sold, the My Football Family members (or whatever setup) click yes or no on intent to buy tickets, and then the FFA send to FIFA the 4000 highest points members to give tickets to as priority (or maybe 2000, and leave 2000 as lottery?).

It sounds fair, right? Support the boys the most, get the best possible chance for tickets in future. And it can't be too hard to setup, surely..
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

I still have hope that there will be plenty of phase 2 tickets remaining
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

pv4 - 17 Nov 2017 8:48 AM
Waiting at Olympic Park train station immediately after the Honduras game, my pal shows me an email saying he missed out on the World Cup Lottery tickets. He was pretty devastated. And he spent 3 hours last night trying to get tickets, with no result there either.

i got tix to 2 games in the first ballot. but people need to relax. only a small number of tix are released in the first phase. the second phase is the big one because everyone knows who qualified and who plays who. just hold your nerve. you will get tix eventually. in the first phase ballot, ticket applications were down 43% on Brazil.  
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

pv4 - 17 Nov 2017 8:48 AM

I feel pretty sad for him, and also our foz pal paladisiosisiosus, because both have put in by supporters standards pretty decent (if not amazing) efforts to support our Roos and have seemingly been left empty-handed here.

After he showed me his Lottery fail email, we began discussing an idea which seems fair, straightforward and relatively easy to implement. Why don't we have something like a points system, that tallys the Socceroos games you have attended, and when these lotteries and first in best dressed whatever comes up the people with the highest amount of points get priority access? The easiest way to implement without too much thinking would be to tie it in with your My Football Family code, so every time you buy a Roos ticket you get points.

For eg why does some random North Shore Rugby Union supporting family whom on Wednesday were offered free work tickets to the Honduras game, went to it, and then on the way home said "fancy a trip to Russia in June, kids?" and got tickets, deserve them over Pala whom from memory hasn't missed an Australian home game, has travelled to Thailand, Kyrgistan, Japan and other places to watch our boys, and lives and breathes the game (not to mention has personal history in Russia).

That way when FIFA want their 4000 lottery tickets sold, the My Football Family members (or whatever setup) click yes or no on intent to buy tickets, and then the FFA send to FIFA the 4000 highest points members to give tickets to as priority (or maybe 2000, and leave 2000 as lottery?).

It sounds fair, right? Support the boys the most, get the best possible chance for tickets in future. And it can't be too hard to setup, surely..

Making way too much sense.

Member since 2008.

JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

So far i only applied for tickets to one match and that is the russia game in St Petersburg. I was hoping to get some more last night but nothing was available, hoping to stay in St Petersburg for the entire week and for Aus to play there. I can only really see myself getting a week off work so don't plan on travelling around much. 

I think there should be more tickets once the draw comes out. 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

JonoMV - 17 Nov 2017 12:25 PM
So far i only applied for tickets to one match and that is the russia game in St Petersburg. I was hoping to get some more last night but nothing was available, hoping to stay in St Petersburg for the entire week and for Aus to play there. 

there are two Pot 4 games in St Petersburg (B3 v B4 on June 15 and D4 v D1 on June 26). so you have a 25% chance of getting an Socceroos match.  
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 17 Nov 2017 1:13 PM
JonoMV - 17 Nov 2017 12:25 PM

there are two Pot 4 games in St Petersburg (B3 v B4 on June 15 and D4 v D1 on June 26). so you have a 25% chance of getting an Socceroos match.  

Thanks boss. 
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Read on the GGA site that no-one that wanted a  Socceroos group match ticket in Brazil or South Africa missed out. 12% allocation per stadium so about 4,000 minimum odd tix for Aussies. Also they are expecting around half as many from Oz in Russia than Brazil. 

On that basis you'd think it shouldn't be a drama (hopefully).
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

phutbol - 17 Nov 2017 3:37 PM
Read on the GGA site that no-one that wanted a  Socceroos group match ticket in Brazil or South Africa missed out. 

A few in the group I was with (not GGA) couldn't get tickets to our game vs Spain, but all got in to the Chile and Netherlands games OK.

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

This is the blurb from GGA:

Will I get tickets to Australia’s games?

The FFA allocation via the FIFA Ticket Ballot (Sales Phase 2- Random Selection Draw) met the needs of nearly all Socceroos fans in 2006, 2010 & 2014. In fact, in 2010 and 2014, the FFA allocation was not exhausted and a surplus was handed back for last minute public sales.

And

Around 6,000 Australian football fans are expected to attend the 2018 World Cup in Russia. There were around 20,000 Australians in Germany for the 2006 World Cup, 10,000 Australians in South Africa for the 2010 World Cup and 12,000 Australians in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

phutbol - 18 Nov 2017 4:09 PM
This is the blurb from GGA:Will I get tickets to Australia’s games?The FFA allocation via the FIFA Ticket Ballot (Sales Phase 2- Random Selection Draw) met the needs of nearly all Socceroos fans in 2006, 2010 & 2014. In fact, in 2010 and 2014, the FFA allocation was not exhausted and a surplus was handed back for last minute public sales. AndAround 6,000 Australian football fans are expected to attend the 2018 World Cup in Russia. There were around 20,000 Australians in Germany for the 2006 World Cup, 10,000 Australians in South Africa for the 2010 World Cup and 12,000 Australians in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.

That's encouraging.
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

paladisious - 18 Nov 2017 6:18 PM
phutbol - 18 Nov 2017 4:09 PM

That's encouraging.

You shouldn't have any issue getting tickets to the 3 australian games at all, and you should definitely be fine if you try december 5. It might be tougher trying to get tickets to other teams as I hope to, especially working out what's logistically going to be possible. Who we draw will effect individual game tickets though for anyone not planning the follow your team option. 
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

99 Problems - 18 Nov 2017 7:09 PM
paladisious - 18 Nov 2017 6:18 PM

You shouldn't have any issue getting tickets to the 3 australian games at all, and you should definitely be fine if you try december 5. It might be tougher trying to get tickets to other teams as I hope to, especially working out what's logistically going to be possible. Who we draw will effect individual game tickets though for anyone not planning the follow your team option. 

Would you also get tickets to the knockout games if Australia make it that far?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search