Sergei Skripal: FIFA World Cup boycott looms amid Russia’s spy scandal

Sergei Skripal: FIFA World Cup boycott looms amid Russia’s spy scandal...

Author
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
robstazzz - 14 Mar 2018 1:45 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 14 Mar 2018 1:37 PM

If I could I would but it's too late and near impossible. You can't just pick which country to live in and get accepted just like that. 
I'm here to stay. Don't get all worked up because I don't rate either of our parties it's not the country I don't like it's our leaders.
I wouldn't mind if many of our journos got killed for shit stirring anyways. You either kill scum or throw the scum in jail and that's all Putin's done. 

Thank god we live in a country that does not let people like you in power... 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Mar 2018 2:28 PM
robstazzz - 14 Mar 2018 2:24 PM

Ohh, is that what this discussion is about?? 😉

I just can't believe there is people out there honestly claiming we should boycott.
Biggest joke out it's the World Cup and had nothing to do with politics. 
I thought Sydneyfc1987 might have been wanting that too but I was wrong thankfully so my bad on that matter. 
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 14 Mar 2018 2:28 PM
Never heard something so stupid. Whinging poms.

Just ban Chelsea players from the England Squad

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Midfielder - 14 Mar 2018 2:34 PM

Yeh I'd have people who write bullshit articles thrown in jail. 
Someone like Rebecca Wilson would have done time and be banned from writing for another paper. 
Maybe then the news you read would be accurate like it should. 
Considering you would hate to live in a country like that it sounds like you're a blowass shit stirrer yourself lol
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

Buggalugs 2.0 - 14 Mar 2018 2:41 PM
TheSelectFew - 14 Mar 2018 2:28 PM

Just ban Chelsea players from the England Squad

Can we ban Chelsea from the EPL? Roman has links with Putin.
And as an Arsenal fan it'll help us get into the Europa league 😎
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

It's disturbing how many people here got offended at some guy calling Abbott a cnt in a roundabout way.  And it's all the usual suspects, the alt-righters, neo-cons and bitters who have come to completely dominate this board. And than for good measure, we get some retard saying he wants to live in Russia and kill the "shit-stirring" journalists. Also 9/11 was a set up because Building 7!

This is by far the worst online community I've ever been a part of, and easily the worst of any Australian sport. There's no hope for football in this country if most of its true fans are unpleasant fuckwits. I've come to realise that we are a much bigger problem than the the FFA. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Derider
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Derider - 14 Mar 2018 2:44 PM
This is by far the worst online community I've ever been a part of, and easily the worst of any Australian sport.

Image result for winners animated gif

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

It's disturbing how many people here got offended at some guy calling Abbott a cnt in a roundabout way.  And it's all the usual suspects, the alt-righters, neo-cons and bitters who have come to completely dominate this board. And than for good measure, we get some retard saying he wants to live in Russia and kill the "shit-stirring" journalists. Also 9/11 was a set up because Building 7!

This is by far the worst online community I've ever been a part of, and easily the worst of any Australian sport. There's no hope for football in this country if most of its true fans are unpleasant fuckwits. I've come to realise that we are a much bigger problem than the the FFA. 

You believe the whole plane disintegrated but the terrorists passport survived with no burn marks on it, hell how the fuck did it survive at all lol
Fuck me dead there's no way back for some brainwashed flops on this forum. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

This post makes me happy.

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
 the alt-righters, neo-cons and bitters who have come to completely dominate this board. 

I don't really think these type of people dominate the board. 

For every MVFC, Marconi and Robstazz there's dozens of posters who ignore all the shit and just want to use a football forum to talk about football.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

New angle for 442 to generate more traffic I guess...
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

jlm8695 - 14 Mar 2018 3:02 PM

I don't really think these type of people dominate the board. 

For every MVFC, Marconi and Robstazz there's dozens of posters who ignore all the shit and just want to use a football forum to talk about football.

I actually agree with you I should learn to ignore shit that has nothing to do with football. 
Got sucked into it. 
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

yeah nah no ones boycotting the world cup. Total fake news 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

Does anyone know how much we get for qualifying for the world cup, and more so how much more you get depending on how far you go in it?

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Buggalugs 2.0 - 14 Mar 2018 12:44 PM
StiflersMom - 14 Mar 2018 8:31 AM

only if Russia gassed 20 Aussies on Aussie soil ?

Then you send a squad of Matt Simon's :) , its a mute point, the guy was a Russian spy who defected.  
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

robstazzz - 14 Mar 2018 3:34 PM
Does anyone know how much we get for qualifying for the world cup, and more so how much more you get depending on how far you go in it?

15 million
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

StiflersMom - 14 Mar 2018 3:43 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 14 Mar 2018 12:44 PM

Then you send a squad of Matt Simon's :) , its a mute point, the guy was a Russian spy who defected.  

• A police officer who fell ill after attending the incident - Det Sgt Nick Bailey - was also taken to hospital and remains in a serious condition
  • Of the 38 people who have been seen in hospital in relation to the incident, 34 have been discharged
  • Only Mr Skripal, his daughter Yulia and Det Sgt Bailey remain in hospital. One person is being monitored as an outpatient but is not showing any signs of exposure

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Buggalugs 2.0 - 14 Mar 2018 3:52 PM
StiflersMom - 14 Mar 2018 3:43 PM

• A police officer who fell ill after attending the incident - Det Sgt Nick Bailey - was also taken to hospital and remains in a serious condition
  • Of the 38 people who have been seen in hospital in relation to the incident, 34 have been discharged
  • Only Mr Skripal, his daughter Yulia and Det Sgt Bailey remain in hospital. One person is being monitored as an outpatient but is not showing any signs of exposure

Oh, so there more people then when I first read the story, have they actually proved it was the Russian's 

Still, it ain't our fight and has nothing to do with sport, you want to hurt them do it with trade
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

StiflersMom - 14 Mar 2018 3:56 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 14 Mar 2018 3:52 PM

have they actually proved it was the Russian's 

Bloke who invented it is fairly sure.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-14/only-russia-could-be-behind-uk-poison-attack-toxin-inventor-says/9546298

either that or they've lost control of the stockpile

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

Buggalugs 2.0 - 14 Mar 2018 4:04 PM
StiflersMom - 14 Mar 2018 3:56 PM

Bloke who invented it is fairly sure.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-14/only-russia-could-be-behind-uk-poison-attack-toxin-inventor-says/9546298

either that or they've lost control of the stockpile
😂😂😂😂
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

This hasn't been my experience, but I usually nope-out of most political discussions on here, it's not what I'm here for. There are definitely threads where it spills over but you'll get that on most forums.
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend

If only the Uk cared as much about the actual terror attacks happening in their country 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

lukerobinho - 14 Mar 2018 4:42 PM
If only the Uk cared as much about the actual terror attacks happening in their country 

Trust me don't waste your time. Some people are so ignorant they pretend to play the good guy and claim they want to do this or that because this person did this or that, while the same people they support have done the exact sane thing and in many cases much worse and they've never entertained the idea of a boycott. 
Too many sheep in this world that simply let the media control their minds. 
But as you said before the boycott won't happen because the majority of people don't give a rat's ass about what happened. They'll be there for football and sight seeing and partying, no one cares about a rat who got poisoned, especially when no one knows who did it.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

This is by far the worst online community I've ever been a part of

You clearly don't spend much time on Internet forums. This place is fairly tame 95% of the time. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

maxxie - 14 Mar 2018 4:32 PM

This hasn't been my experience, but I usually nope-out of most political discussions on here, it's not what I'm here for. There are definitely threads where it spills over but you'll get that on most forums.

To be fair, on what reasonable basis could this thread be a football discussion? There's not a damn thing to do with football. It's an article about state espionage with a football headline.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Midfielder - 14 Mar 2018 2:34 PM

The irony of it is that we do. And it's a beautiful thing.

But, thankfully, the electorate would not vote a person advancing such an agenda in to power.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 14 Mar 2018 1:29 PM
robstazzz - 13 Mar 2018 10:43 PM

This is the sort of comment that has me seriously concerned about our future as a democratic society. 

At least we can criticise our politicians. 

Agreed. At least robstazzz can say what he wants, however much you or I might disagree.

If he said something so at odds with the ruling party in Russia, he'd be in trouble.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

bohemia - 14 Mar 2018 5:05 PM
maxxie - 14 Mar 2018 4:32 PM

To be fair, on what reasonable basis could this thread be a football discussion? There's not a damn thing to do with football. It's an article about state espionage with a football headline.

Mrs May spoke to US President Donald Trump about the issue on Tuesday, with a US spokesman saying the leader told her "the US was with the UK all the way, 

So the USA might join the boycott, and rumour has it , also Holland and Italy

quickflick
quickflick
World Class

Initially I thought there was almost no chance that HMG would tell the England team to boycott. In light of the Nikolai Glushkov's death, I think there is now a slim chance.

If he was killed in the last couple of days (and, as is highly probable, it was a Kremlin hit), then Putin is sneering at Theresa May. She had good reason to be livid about the Skripal poisoning. But if he thinks he can go and order another hit during this tense period, then I'd say he's got another thing coming. By sending the England team, there's a valid interpretation that she's endorsing Putin.

I think the most calculated diplomatic response would be manifold. Some of it financial, some of it military (ramping up UK armed forces on NATO borders and pushing along Ukrainian inclusion in NATO). But one thing that does work is to make Russia lose face. Therefore, it would be understandable to pull the England team out of the World Cup.

I thought the type of classes who tend to read the tabloids more would be opposed to a World Cup boycott. But having a look at the tabloids, there are articles calling for a boycott.

So I'd say a slim chance England will boycott the thing entirely. Where does this leave Australia. If the England team boycotts, I say about 60/40 that the Australian Government will make the Socceroos boycott, too.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

quickflick - 14 Mar 2018 5:58 PM
Initially I thought there was almost no chance that HMG would tell the England team to boycott. In light of the Nikolai Glushkov's death, I think there is now a slim chance.

If he was killed in the last couple of days (and, as is highly probable, it was a Kremlin hit), then Putin is sneering at Theresa May. She had good reason to be livid about the Skripal poisoning. But if he thinks he can go and order another hit during this tense period, then I'd say he's got another thing coming. By sending the England team, there's a valid interpretation that she's endorsing Putin.

I think the most calculated diplomatic response would be manifold. Some of it financial, some of it military (ramping up UK armed forces on NATO borders and pushing along Ukrainian inclusion in NATO). But one thing that does work is to make Russia lose face. Therefore, it would be understandable to pull the England team out of the World Cup.

I thought the type of classes who tend to read the tabloids more would be opposed to a World Cup boycott. But having a look at the tabloids, there are articles calling for a boycott.

So I'd say a slim chance England will boycott the thing entirely. Where does this leave Australia. If the England team boycotts, I say about 60/40 that the Australian Government will make the Socceroos boycott, too.

England aren't boycotting
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search