Elite Honesty

Elite Honesty

Author
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Finch and Langer had a captain coach debrief after the first match with South Africa, and in the bonds of elite mateship, they asked how their elite honest days went:

Finch said to Langer - 'at the toss I gave total elite honesty:

Faf won the toss and said that Australia could bat - I said " no Australia can't, Australia really can't" and I walked back to the dressing room and saw Head and Short putting on screen and said "getting a bit optimistic aren't you?"'

'That's not quite elite honesty grasshopper'  replied Langer - "After I saw the grass on the pitch and Steyn warming up, I told them they would not need sunscreen for batting".

"Well" said Finch - "I told Nathan Coulter-Nile that the only reason that you wanted him to open the bowling is because he is Western Australian".

'That's still not quite elite honesty Finchy' replied Langer - 'I told him and the Marsh's both that the only reason that they're in team at all is because they're Western Australian.'

"I guess that is why you have a stadium named after you replied Finch" to which Langer replied "nah - that's because Slater lost his way and fellow and more talented WA player Damien  Martyn lost a close chase vs SA  and was dropped for years, further helped by the fact that Hayden didn't ever want to take the first ball and I would".

"Well I guess it is this insight that makes you such a great and winning coach then". "No" said Langer, "that's Dean Plunkett".

Finch was shocked at this level of elite honesty and said "well I saw this week a former Australian great captain  Ian Chappel called Mark Taylor window dressing on the CA Board - is this the level of honesty required to be a great Australian captain?" to which Langer replied - "Does Tubby Taylor look like window dressing to you? Tubby said it himself - he's not pretty enough for that euphemism!"

"So how will I be a great Australian captain with elite honesty then?" replied FInch.

Langer retorted, "only one Australian captain I played under won in India, Adam Gilchrist" to which Finch replied - "oh that wicket keeper who is famous for walking, pffffft - I am far more elite honest than him - I don't even review! Bring it on India!".

Edited
6 Years Ago by Paddles
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Paddles - 5 Nov 2018 5:45 PM
Finch and Langer had a captain coach debrief after the first match with South Africa, and in the bonds of elite mateship, they asked how their elite honest days went:

Finch said to Langer - 'at the toss I gave total elite honesty:

Faf won the toss and said that Australia could bat - I said " no Australia can't, Australia really can't" and I walked back to the dressing room and saw Head and Short putting on screen and said "getting a bit optimistic aren't you?"'

'That's not quite elite honesty grasshopper'  replied Langer - "After I saw the grass on the pitch and Steyn warming up, I told them they would not need sunscreen for batting".

"Well" said Finch - "I told Nathan Coulter-Nile that the only reason that you wanted him to open the bowling is because he is Western Australian".

'That's still not quite elite honesty Finchy' replied Langer - 'I told him and the Marsh's both that the only reason that they're in team at all is because they're Western Australian.'

"I guess that is why you have a stadium named after you replied Finch" to which Langer replied "nah - that's because Slater lost his way and fellow and more talented WA player Damien  Martyn lost a close chase vs SA  and was dropped for years, further helped by the fact that Hayden didn't ever want to take the first ball and I would".

"Well I guess it is this insight that makes you such a great and winning coach then". "No" said Langer, "that's Dean Plunkett".

Finch was shocked at this level of elite honesty and said "well I saw this week a former Australian great captain  Ian Chappel called Mark Taylor window dressing on the CA Board - is this the level of honesty required to be a great Australian captain?" to which Langer replied - "Does Tubby Taylor look like window dressing to you? Tubby said it himself - he's not pretty enough for that euphemism!"

"So how will I be a great Australian captain with elite honesty then?" replied FInch.

Langer retorted, "only one Australian captain I played under won in India, Adam Gilchrist" to which Finch replied - "oh that wicket keeper who is famous for walking, pffffft - I am far more elite honest than him - I don't even review! Bring it on India!".

Excellent. Is this a grab from another scribe or your imagination at work Paddles?
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 6 Nov 2018 4:01 PM
Paddles - 5 Nov 2018 5:45 PM

Excellent. Is this a grab from another scribe or your imagination at work Paddles?

Borrowed the initial gags and temporarily replaced them but mostly my imagination :-)

I stand behind the gags, though.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25199441/let-talk-notion-elite-honesty

Heh - this is very well written piece on elite honesty.

Its message is simple and apt, and I agree with the sentiment. Langer has made it more difficult now for Australian players.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search