You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Somehow I am still one of the top posters in the Australian Football section :lol:

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

Pyramid Timmy
Pyramid Timmy
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

BETHFC - 20 Sep 2017 5:03 PM
mcjules - 20 Sep 2017 4:35 PM

I resent having to vote at all. It doesn't affect me and I feel like I do not have the right to affect the relationships of others. 

Main problem with this vote, you either get 2 sausage sizzles or none at all.

Pyramid Timmy
Pyramid Timmy
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

General Ashnak - 22 Sep 2017 2:24 PM
Somehow I am still one of the top posters in the Australian Football section :lol:

Most people grow up and find something useful to do with their short existence
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

WGMG: getting a 'vote yes' text message on the weekend. It's just as bad as church door knockers harassing you on a Saturday.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

BETHFC - 25 Sep 2017 12:13 PM
WGMG: getting a 'vote yes' text message on the weekend. It's just as bad as church door knockers harassing you on a Saturday.

Wife got it at 2am... just bloody annoying. Surely this stuff just pushes the people who are on the fence to vote no. Sure that's not a reason to vote no but that's how people react. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: Bought some flat pack furniture online and it was supposed to be delivered this coming Tuesday or Thursday when I'm not working. 
I come up the street and press the button for our roller door and i see this box slam to the ground... 1.8m high leaning against the roller door... we'd also had a massive downpour and for fucks sake... it was out the front of our house. 
Could not believe it, doesn't seem to be any damage but startrack are utterly useless. 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
scubaroo - 25 Sep 2017 1:50 PM
BETHFC - 25 Sep 2017 12:13 PM

Wife got it at 2am... just bloody annoying. Surely this stuff just pushes the people who are on the fence to vote no. Sure that's not a reason to vote no but that's how people react. 

Similarly, the NO door knockers may push on the fence people to vote YES. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I am hoping for equality - got a sms over the weekend so waiting on the other side to visit if so.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

pv4 - 25 Sep 2017 2:03 PM
scubaroo - 25 Sep 2017 1:50 PM

Similarly, the NO door knockers may push on the fence people to vote YES. 

Are there no door knockers?

I resent being bothered by anyone. These parasites need to step back and let people vote ffs.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

BETHFC - 26 Sep 2017 9:28 AM

I resent being bothered by anyone. These parasites need to step back and let people vote ffs.

Yep I've been door knocked by a "Coalition for Marriage" guy. I regret not giving him both barrels about how disgusting and misleading their campaign has been (politely of course) but I was in the middle of some gardening so just told him I wasn't interested in what he had to say. It was on a Sunday too :blink: Also got the text.

I understand why people get upset but people have the right to campaign. Don't blame the campaigners, blame the weak government that won't do its job.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Yeah who would have thought that in a democracy there would be people pushing forward their side's point of view.  Outrageous.

All decisions should be made with as little information as possible.  Preconceived ideas and base prejudices should be left unadulterated by lobbying interests.

Say YES to ignorance.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Munrubenmuz - 26 Sep 2017 10:05 AM

Yeah who would have thought that in a democracy there would be people pushing forward their side's point of view.  Outrageous.

All decisions should be made with as little information as possible.  Preconceived ideas and base prejudices should be left unadulterated by lobbying interests.

Say YES to ignorance.

So you think it's ok for randoms off the street to approach you in your own home peddling their beliefs?

I have no issue with people providing information through public means, but hitting people up at home is wrong.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

mcjules - 26 Sep 2017 9:43 AM

Yep I've been door knocked by a "Coalition for Marriage" guy. I regret not giving him both barrels about how disgusting and misleading their campaign has been (politely of course) but I was in the middle of some gardening so just told him I wasn't interested in what he had to say. It was on a Sunday too :blink: Also got the text.

I understand why people get upset but people have the right to campaign. Don't blame the campaigners, blame the weak government that won't do its job.

It's just wrong IMO. I get door knocked all the time by religious folk and people trying to sell my solar panels for my roof.

I resent it, leave me alone haha. I'm of the opinion that bothering people at home is one step too far in a campaign (goes for religious folk and salespeople too).

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Say YES to ignorance.

Right, because in an age of unprecedented connectivity door knocking is the only way to save us from misinformation, naivety and narrow mindedness. 

I honestly reckon you'd defend telemarketers if it meant going against the prevailing opinion on here ;)

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

WGMG: getting hounded by a "no" voter yesterday, unprovoked. I was walking across the street and I hear him yell out "you didn't vote yes did you?" and I said "sure did" and he said "do you want to be surrounded by queer cxxxs? Do you want to feel scared pissing in the pub? Do you WANT a finger in your bum? Are you a gay boy? Are you gay? You're gay, you faggot. All yes voters are faggots". 

If I was on the fence, I sure as shit wouldn't be now!
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

pv4 - 27 Sep 2017 7:10 AM
WGMG: getting hounded by a "no" voter yesterday, unprovoked. I was walking across the street and I hear him yell out "you didn't vote yes did you?" and I said "sure did" and he said "do you want to be surrounded by queer cxxxs? Do you want to feel scared pissing in the pub? Do you WANT a finger in your bum? Are you a gay boy? Are you gay? You're gay, you faggot. All yes voters are faggots". 

If I was on the fence, I sure as shit wouldn't be now!

This is the stuff that's starting to get to me. The whole campaigning is legal argument doesn't make it acceptable. Yes no or indifferent people are clearly getting sick of being harassed about their vote. A lot of people don't want to keep talking about the merits of either side.

I need to walk around with a sign saying "I already voted leave me alone".

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 27 Sep 2017 2:18 AM

Right, because in an age of unprecedented connectivity door knocking is the only way to save us from misinformation, naivety and narrow mindedness. 

I honestly reckon you'd defend telemarketers if it meant going against the prevailing opinion on here ;)

Yeah nah.  It honestly doesn't bother me.  Just a polite 'no thanks' and they're on their way.

Member since 2008.

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

BETHFC - 27 Sep 2017 7:17 AM

This is the stuff that's starting to get to me. The whole campaigning is legal argument doesn't make it acceptable. Yes no or indifferent people are clearly getting sick of being harassed about their vote. A lot of people don't want to keep talking about the merits of either side.

You can always take the libertarian route I took and choose not to vote and therefore piss both sides off for your own enjoyment 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

What that guy did was not campaigning. It was abuse and should be reported.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

mcjules - 27 Sep 2017 2:53 PM

100%. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

pv4
pv4
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 27 Sep 2017 2:57 PM

100%. 

If you read social media, bullying only happens from the yes to no voters and not the other way around. 
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

All this shit I read about "the bullying of the Yes campaign making me vote no" is just no-voters grasping at any straw to justify their homophobia. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by 433
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Oh absolutely but the campaigning in general is pissing me off.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

433 - 27 Sep 2017 3:30 PM
All this shit I read about "the bullying of the Yes campaign making me vote no" is just no-voters grasping at any straw to justify their homophobia. 

I don't think any excuse outside traditional or religious beliefs even stands up on a personal level. I would always vote yes as its my personal belief that they deserve it but the campaigns on both sides are getting pretty insufferable with the rhetoric.

Got lunch today and walked past some yes campaigners. Telling them i'd already voted yes didn't get me off the hook and I got a lecture on human rights :laugh: It's what I get for going into traditional hipster suburbs!

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

WGMG-

Macklemore performing at the NRL GF...and of course singing 'Same Love'. Now before the cape- wearers go thumping away, let me confess:

As it is, I can't stand Macklemore. Yes 'Thrift Shop' was catchy, but apart from that? I find him unbearably smug. Every second song he's preaching as if he's somewhere between John Lennon and Jesus and we should revere every single thing he says. Furthermore, he has that same self-satisfied, shit-eating grin that people who lack self-awareness and get high off their own farts always, ALWAYS have. It's already bad enough that we may well have to endure Cameron "I signed 3 contracts but didn't know I was cheating" Smith smirking at the end of the night as he hoists the NRL trophy...

I also find it too much of a coincidence to believe the NRL just happened to book Macklemore to perform at the Grand Final in The Current Year (TM). You might say "Calm down, it's just a song". But right now, at this moment in our country's history? It isn't "just a song". A big event like this is meant to bring people together regardless of their differences and enjoy taking a break from the world. They might as well have got Briggs to sing "Change The Date" in between shitting on all the racist whiteys who dare disagree with him. You can bet the same "I voted 'Yes' on social media" crowd will use this as another attempt to enthusiastically applaud like a seal on speed and signal how virtuous and open-minded they are, while also condemning those guilty of WrongThink as the worst kind of philistine and a horrible person on the Wrong Side Of History (TM). It actually has me concerned about the weather in Sydney for Sunday night:

What I'd love, is to be entertained by some live music that brings people together and gets us pumped, before enjoying the biggest game of the season and forget all the social justice/ political bullshit for just one f**king night. Surely I'm not the only one...

Or is that too much to ask in The Current Year?

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Captain Haddock - 27 Sep 2017 6:39 PM
WGMG-

Macklemore performing at the NRL GF...and of course singing 'Same Love'. Now before the cape- wearers go thumping away, let me confess:

As it is, I can't stand Macklemore. Yes 'Thrift Shop' was catchy, but apart from that? I find him unbearably smug. Every second song he's preaching as if he's somewhere between John Lennon and Jesus and we should revere every single thing he says. Furthermore, he has that same self-satisfied, shit-eating grin that people who lack self-awareness and get high off their own farts always, ALWAYS have. It's already bad enough that we may well have to endure Cameron "I signed 3 contracts but didn't know I was cheating" Smith smirking at the end of the night as he hoists the NRL trophy...

I also find it too much of a coincidence to believe the NRL just happened to book Macklemore to perform at the Grand Final in The Current Year (TM). You might say "Calm down, it's just a song". But right now, at this moment in our country's history? It isn't "just a song". A big event like this is meant to bring people together regardless of their differences and enjoy taking a break from the world. They might as well have got Briggs to sing "Change The Date" in between shitting on all the racist whiteys who dare disagree with him. You can bet the same "I voted 'Yes' on social media" crowd will use this as another attempt to enthusiastically applaud like a seal on speed and signal how virtuous and open-minded they are, while also condemning those guilty of WrongThink as the worst kind of philistine and a horrible person on the Wrong Side Of History (TM). It actually has me concerned about the weather in Sydney for Sunday night:

What I'd love, is to be entertained by some live music that brings people together and gets us pumped, before enjoying the biggest game of the season and forget all the social justice/ political bullshit for just one f**king night. Surely I'm not the only one...

Or is that too much to ask in The Current Year?

Im with you 100%. Luckily my team merged itself out of existence and have no interest in the game whatsoever anymore. 
A 5 minute break from this yes/no stuff would be too much to ask now. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

eye eye Captain !
I can only imagine what may become prior to whats more important and thats the game itself.
Was listening to Greenberg this morn on radio, the callers after were so pissed to hear of this for they like most just want to switch off from day day happenings and just enjoy their sport on the day.

Love Football

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

A good true blue Aussie band that fires everyone up would be nice, fuck these cringey one-off performances 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Speaking of the NRL.  Get your free ticket.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/north-queensland-cowboys/nrl-hoping-juniors-and-volunteers-can-fill-anz-stadium-for-grand-final-20170927-gypyip.html

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
pv4
pv4
Legend

marconi101 - 27 Sep 2017 9:26 PM
A good true blue Aussie band that fires everyone up would be nice, fuck these cringey one-off performances 

THAT'S MY TEAM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search