You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
pv4 - 28 Sep 2017 7:57 AM
marconi101 - 27 Sep 2017 9:26 PM

THAT'S MY TEAM

Love the Gurus- would 100% not complain about this.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Captain Haddock - 27 Sep 2017 6:39 PM
WGMG-

Macklemore performing at the NRL GF.

Personally, any sport I've never cared whom is performing at these events. They're always lip synching and/or really poor sound quality and aren't even close to the reason I am there. Usually they'll provide a meme afterwards at best (read: Jason Derulo split shirt), or just be largely irrelevant. 

It surprises me people care so much about Grand Final artists, for whatever reason, tbh.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

We get it haddock, you hate gay people.

E

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

433 - 27 Sep 2017 3:30 PM
All this shit I read about "the bullying of the Yes campaign making me vote no" is just no-voters grasping at any straw to justify their homophobia. 

This is very casually how I see the situation also. And almost always gets confirmed after talking to the no voters about their "reason" for voting no. Such a baseless "argument". 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
WGMG: 3 hours of mandatory positivity training next week at work.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 28 Sep 2017 12:23 PM
We get it haddock, you hate gay people.

0/10 quality troll attempt.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

pv4
pv4
Legend

jlm8695 - 28 Sep 2017 3:54 PM
WGMG: 3 hours of mandatory positivity training next week at work.

You'll be posting in WFMB afterwards for sure
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

LFC. - 27 Sep 2017 9:12 PM
eye eye Captain !
I can only imagine what may become prior to whats more important and thats the game itself.
Was listening to Greenberg this morn on radio, the callers after were so pissed to hear of this for they like most just want to switch off from day day happenings and just enjoy their sport on the day.

Call me old fashioned but not once have I given a shit about who or what kind of entertainment they have at any match because believe or not I'm there to see the game.

I just think these days people love getting hysterical over the slightest of slights.  All these whinging fuckers ringing up the radio to have moan?  WTF?  Get a life.

Who is Macklemore anyway?

I'm old enough to remember the FA cup finals that used to be on the ABC at midnight 40 years ago and year after year it was a marching band that came out before the game and that was that.  Didn't care then, don't care now.

Listen to HG and Roy and you won't have to worry.  Save your outrage for something important.

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Speaking of Macklemore and his recent comments, I'm truly sick and tired hearing "old white male" this, "old white male" that from alleged progressives. Isn't using this term in a derogatory manner a form of racism and offensive stereotyping? Not all old white men are backward, homophobic and racist and bigotry comes in all shapes, colours and sizes.

News flash Macklemore,one day you will be and old - oops, I just ate my own poop... struggling to deal with a fast-changing world. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

pv4
pv4
Legend

After sleeping on it, I have decided the NRL have booked Macklemore for this so a bunch of ignorant bogans will actually pay money to go to the Grand Final just to hurl abuse when he sings that song. Probably their best option given their embarrassing ticket sales + rallying together their target market. 
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 28 Sep 2017 5:35 PM
9GABmeme420 - 28 Sep 2017 12:23 PM

0/10 quality troll attempt.

Seems like anything you hate everything that people do to support gay rights. Not trolling dickhead.

E

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

9GABmeme420 - 29 Sep 2017 9:58 AM
Captain Haddock - 28 Sep 2017 5:35 PM

Seems like anything you hate everything that people do to support gay rights. Not trolling dickhead.

Lol.

My dislike of virtue-signalling and smug, self-righteous preaching hurt your feelings?

Good.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 28 Sep 2017 9:37 PM
Speaking of Macklemore and his recent comments, I'm truly sick and tired hearing "old white male" this, "old white male" that from alleged progressives. Isn't using this term in a derogatory manner a form of racism and offensive stereotyping? Not all old white men are backward, homophobic and racist and bigotry comes in all shapes, colours and sizes.

News flash Macklemore,one day you will be and old - oops, I just ate my own poop... struggling to deal with a fast-changing world. 

"white", "male" and "privilege" are my favorite 3 words used by certain groups when people don't agree with them.

Regarding Macklemore, who cares. This is only an issue because it's happening during the plebiscite. Let the man sing, most people will be sinking beers while he's performing anyway. Why does everything have to have political connotations?

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro

Captain Haddock - 29 Sep 2017 10:25 AM
9GABmeme420 - 29 Sep 2017 9:58 AM

Lol.

My dislike of virtue-signalling and smug, self-righteous preaching hurt your feelings?

Good.

You sound self-righteous right now, hypocrite.

E

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 28 Sep 2017 6:55 PM
LFC. - 27 Sep 2017 9:12 PM

Call me old fashioned but not once have I given a shit about who or what kind of entertainment they have at any match because believe or not I'm there to see the game.

I just think these days people love getting hysterical over the slightest of slights.  All these whinging fuckers ringing up the radio to have moan?  WTF?  Get a life.

Who is Macklemore anyway?

I'm old enough to remember the FA cup finals that used to be on the ABC at midnight 40 years ago and year after year it was a marching band that came out before the game and that was that.  Didn't care then, don't care now.

Listen to HG and Roy and you won't have to worry.  Save your outrage for something important.

Thats today isn't it - any chance to voice opinion good or bad.
I just quoted what I was hearing on the radio - I also don't give a stuff, tbh I don't get why entertainment is a given at large sporting events GF's etcetc.
I'm there or not in front of tv to watch the game - besides most of the time its a flop from my understanding, I'm either getting more to eat, piss break and in ready for the 2nd half feck the performer.
Yer remember those late midnight on nights watching FACup finals - my glory Liverpool days lol.......

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

9GABmeme420 - 29 Sep 2017 10:32 AM
Captain Haddock - 29 Sep 2017 10:25 AM

You sound self-righteous right now, hypocrite.

Lol.

Take some time out and have a Snickers...

pv4
pv4
Legend

Attenzione: Haddock

I originally half sat on the fence, half judged your care of that Macklemore song. But after watching Macklemore do his thing, I can now confirm my thoughts that your pre-hype was a load of BS. The way you and others had made it out, I interpreted it as he was ONLY singing that Equality song, and without bothering to research the song prior I assumed it was some new song, not apart of his usual big songs, and was starkly different to what he would have done if this Equality debate wasn't currently happening in Australia. But no, he smashed thru all his hits, inc that song. And guess what - I recognised that song (and I recognise very few pop songs nowadays), and I actually like the hook in it, and I had personally never bothered to listen to the lyrics enough to realise what it was singing about. Sure, he finished it with that "equality for all" message but personally I think it was the hate, hype & abuse he copped prior that tipped him over the edge and made him decide to say it (that vibe works both ways, right?). Even if this Equality debate wasn't happening, he would have hammered that song anyway. Go listen to some Savage Garden. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

hehe, I think Air Supply would have been better than Savage Garden.
WRGMG
Funnily regards to my NRL GF experience, there I was lying back on the couch watching the game, within 5 that injury delay, then I was starting to doze off but at times spotted the score before HT and knew it was over - gone I was in lalaland never to even see mackelmore and rest of the game lol.....
Seems like I didn't much after all.

Love Football

pv4
pv4
Legend

Actually on that note..

WGMG: how they handled that injury in the first 3 mins of the NRL Grand Final. It wasn't a spinal injury, the stretcher car was there very quickly, etc. Why didn't they take him away and deal with him off the field? The way they did it, it made all the other players go cold and more prone to injury plus it was just boring for what was an already delayed game. Mrs v4 made me turn it off and watch something else, and I usually try to watch State of Selection games + the Grand Final because my theory is I'll give their (nrl) big game a go if they give my (football) big game a go. 

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I was looking forward to getting shitfaced watching the footy, unfortunately it was Melbourne playing 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro

Captain Haddock - 2 Oct 2017 6:26 PM
9GABmeme420 - 29 Sep 2017 10:32 AM

Lol.

Take some time out and have a Snickers...

Re-evaluate your life if homosexuality bothers you to the point that you need to post on WGMG about a few harmless social media posts

E

Pyramid Timmy
Pyramid Timmy
Semi-Pro

I'm Homophobic

Have been since birth

Is it treatable ?
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro

Back to top - 3 Oct 2017 1:38 PM
I'm Homophobic

Have been since birth

Is it treatable ?

idk, see your doctor

E

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

pv4 - 3 Oct 2017 6:51 AM
Attenzione: Haddock

I originally half sat on the fence, half judged your care of that Macklemore song. But after watching Macklemore do his thing, I can now confirm my thoughts that your pre-hype was a load of BS. The way you and others had made it out, I interpreted it as he was ONLY singing that Equality song, and without bothering to research the song prior I assumed it was some new song, not apart of his usual big songs, and was starkly different to what he would have done if this Equality debate wasn't currently happening in Australia. But no, he smashed thru all his hits, inc that song. And guess what - I recognised that song (and I recognise very few pop songs nowadays), and I actually like the hook in it, and I had personally never bothered to listen to the lyrics enough to realise what it was singing about. Sure, he finished it with that "equality for all" message but personally I think it was the hate, hype & abuse he copped prior that tipped him over the edge and made him decide to say it (that vibe works both ways, right?). Even if this Equality debate wasn't happening, he would have hammered that song anyway. Go listen to some Savage Garden. 

I always knew he was doing a few songs. My point was that it seemed just a little bit too coincidental they got Macklemore as the lead act for this years' GF. And like I said, I can't stand the smarmy prick anyway...

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Captain Haddock - 7 Oct 2017 1:41 AM
pv4 - 3 Oct 2017 6:51 AM

I always knew he was doing a few songs. My point was that it seemed just a little bit too coincidental they got Macklemore as the lead act for this years' GF. And like I said, I can't stand the smarmy prick anyway...

I don't personally like Macklemore's music but they've gotten attention from it haven't they? If you supported this particular political opinion you would be all for it, in the end the NRL is a business and they will attract more business if they do something cultural relevant that they can promote and be noticed for. If you're so against the NRL having Macklemore just don't watch the Grand Final or support the NRL, simple as that. 
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I'm stunned by the lack of self-awareness of some people.

The conservative wing are all up in arms about 18C, yet when a private institution decides to use their right to freedom of speech to air their own opinion on something, it's somehow unacceptable? Hypocrites the lot of them. 

In regards to the broader gay marriage debate, I feel it has evolved into something broader. The "no" camp wants to turn it into a referendum on progressive ideology. That's why their ads never actually feature anything on gay marriage itself, it's always about "no political correctness" or "radical gender theory" or some other non-sequitur. There has been next to no actual debate on the issue of gay marriage itself. Playing political football with this will cost the Liberals dearly. 
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

433 - 7 Oct 2017 4:18 PM
I'm stunned by the lack of self-awareness of some people.

The conservative wing are all up in arms about 18C, yet when a private institution decides to use their right to freedom of speech to air their own opinion on something, it's somehow unacceptable? Hypocrites the lot of them. 

In regards to the broader gay marriage debate, I feel it has evolved into something broader. The "no" camp wants to turn it into a referendum on progressive ideology. That's why their ads never actually feature anything on gay marriage itself, it's always about "no political correctness" or "radical gender theory" or some other non-sequitur. There has been next to no actual debate on the issue of gay marriage itself. Playing political football with this will cost the Liberals dearly. 

I'll explain it to you to save you from being stunned again. The Libs want to change 18C so people cannot be legally prosecuted for airing an opinion, regardless of how wrong and bigoted the opinion may be. It doesn't mean that they believe people should be free from criticism. The left fail to understand this concept because they are yet to form their own opinions.

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

vanlassen - 9 Oct 2017 11:59 AM
433 - 7 Oct 2017 4:18 PM

I'll explain it to you to save you from being stunned again. The Libs want to change 18C so people cannot be legally prosecuted for airing an opinion, regardless of how wrong and bigoted the opinion may be. It doesn't mean that they believe people should be free from criticism. The left fail to understand this concept because they are yet to form their own opinions.

That opinion results in the death and persecution of minorities, minorities should have more of a right to live their life without fear than a bigot to express hate.  
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

JoyfulPenguin - 9 Oct 2017 1:48 PM
vanlassen - 9 Oct 2017 11:59 AM

That opinion results in the death and persecution of minorities, minorities should have more of a right to live their life without fear than a bigot to express hate.  

Minorities should have more rights than the majority?

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

WGMG:

Daniel Andrews. Seeing his FB posts about rental laws.

1) You now cannot refuse pets unless there are 'certain circumstances'...... Children probably do more damage than pets but my mrs. friends dog scratched the fuck out of all of the glass doors in the house. No way the bond would cover that. I do not understand the need for strict laws here.
2) You have to disclose any plans to sell. Why? You own a property and circumstances can unfortunately change very quickly. What if you sign a contract to lease a house to someone and 4 days later lose your job and have to sell? What are the legal repercussions?
3) He talks about reducing bonds. How can people cover damage if the bond doesn't cover it?  
4) Apparently you need to give a reason for a 'notice to vacate' because 'not specified' humiliates renters. What if the reason for moving back into your investment property is humiliating?

Talk about removing rights from owners. I get that many landlords are dodgy and will claim to be moving back in only to rent it out at a higher price but passing these laws could be extremely detrimental to the rental market.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search