The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13 Champions!

The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13...

Author
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
ccmpete wrote:
Joffa wrote:
Any idea how membership sales are tracking?

Last I heard, about a month ago, numbers were about 3000... I think. :d

3k isn't to bad at all, be nice if they were about the 5-6k mark by season kick off.
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
For those unaware or wondering, Mariners memberships will be mailed out late this month.

I queried the Mariners official Twitter last week and that was their response.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Joffa wrote:
ccmpete wrote:
Joffa wrote:
Any idea how membership sales are tracking?

Last I heard, about a month ago, numbers were about 3000... I think. :d

3k isn't to bad at all, be nice if they were about the 5-6k mark by season kick off.

I think that makes it around twice last season - which is a good sign , we have a great draw , Im pumped for a great season !

BRING IT ON !
dingyv03
dingyv03
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

SO when are the club "officially" releasing the hummel kit?
blacka
blacka
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

it is an excellent draw... good mix of early and evening saturdays. Have picked up a junior membership for the nephew, let the brainwashing begin! Save the poor kid from a life in a RL cocoon... My brothers kids are a lot cause lol, working on the sisters ones instead.
bubbling11
bubbling11
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

dingyv03 wrote:
SO when are the club "officially" releasing the hummel kit?

Mariners facebook site is saying stayed tune later this week.
Well its now Thursday, so unless something happens ASAP......
Bubblefail
Bubblefail
Under 7s
Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)

CCM are teasing on twitter that we might hear more today
dingyv03
dingyv03
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Bubblefail wrote:
CCM are teasing on twitter that we might hear more today

Everyone has already seen this, yes?

Bubblefail
Bubblefail
Under 7s
Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)

yes Dingy,

The image you have there was from when Getty let the cat out of the bag and put up waist to head images of the whole team earlier than they should. We are hoping for a bit more detail today.

Edited by Bubblefail: 22/9/2011 12:52:53 PM
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Im loving the chevrons , the strip is a little retro , but i dig it , with the sponsor probably announced next week ,it will look special!
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

That strip is horrible at the moment... though it may grow on me particularly when the sponsors tag goes over it
timmybare
timmybare
Hacker
Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)

What we should have had for our home jersey was the strip that we played against Celtic in.
That was class...
Away kit, i would have settled for a whit and navy kit easily.
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro

timmybare wrote:
What we should have had for our home jersey was the strip that we played against Celtic in.

That's the new away jersey.

But yeah I agree, would be much better as the home kit.

The new home kit would look fine if it didn't have the visible stitching and the panel across it. It should have just had the stripes going the whole way down, not unlike the old home kit.

I'm still not convinced on the home kit, but will be 100% purchasing the new away kit.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

ccmpete wrote:
The new home kit would look fine if it didn't have the visible stitching and the panel across it. It should have just had the stripes going the whole way down, not unlike the old home kit.

This.

Quote:
I'm still not convinced on the home kit, but will be 100% purchasing the new away kit

I'll be getting both now that you can purchase directly from the club.

timmybare
timmybare
Hacker
Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)Hacker (300 reputation)

ccmpete wrote:
timmybare wrote:

I'm still not convinced on the home kit, but will be 100% purchasing the new away kit.

I thought the away kit had the white shorts. The game against Celtic we played with Navy dominant shorts.
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro

timmybare wrote:
ccmpete wrote:
timmybare wrote:

I thought the away kit had the white shorts. The game against Celtic we played with Navy dominant shorts.

True, they did have navy shorts on for that game, but the away kit for the season proper has white shorts.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Pretty happy with the 10k plus crowd on sat night
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Shame that's about all I'm happy with :/
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Quote:
Mariners contribute to CanTeen cause

Wednesday, 26 October 2011 2:10 PM 

In the lead up to Saturday’s Hyundai A-League round 4 clash with Perth Glory at Bluetongue Stadium, Central Coast Mariners have thrown their support behind CanTeen’s National Bandanna Day initiative.

CanTeen is the Australian organisation for young people living with cancer, with Bandanna Day held annually on 28 October.

The Mariners will be supporting National Bandanna Day in a variety of ways, including a player appearance at Erina Fair on Thursday 27 October.

Between 5pm and 6pm, four Mariners stars – Qantas Australian U23s captain Oliver Bozanic, New Zealand international Michael McGlinchey, Qantas Young Socceroo Trent Sainsbury and Mariners’ all time top goal-scorer Adam Kwasnik – will be selling bandannas at Erina Fair Shopping Centre.

The players will be located outside the ABC Shop, situated on Level 1 close to ‘the hive’ entertainment precinct.

Canteen Division Manager, Simon Cavaliere, said his organisation was thrilled with the Mariners’ help in promoting the cause.

“It is fantastic to see the most well loved team on the Central Coast showing solidarity to donate time to support this great cause,” Mr Cavaliere said.

“The Hunter and Northern NSW Division of CanTeen supports over 100 young people from the Central Coast, including cancer patients, siblings of cancer patients and young people with a parent or primary care giver suffering from cancer,” he said.

Additionally, the Mariners sported bandannas at the end of today’s training session, with key local media on hand at the to film and photograph players, coaching and support staff in the distinctive yellow bandannas.

Mariners’ Head Coach, Graham Arnold, said: “With players under the age of 24 making up a significant percentage of our team, we are happy to donate our time supporting this great cause.”

Moreover, the club has connected with the Yellow Army Supporter Group, providing 30 individually signed, yellow bandannas for Yellow Army to sell among the Bluetongue Stadium crowd this Saturday night.

Yellow Army spokesperson, Simon Fisher, said this was a beneficial way to add colour to the crowd, offer a unique piece of memorabilia to Mariners supporters and, most importantly, raise funds for the CanTeen cause.

“All the money we raise by selling the bandannas on Saturday night will be donated back to CanTeen via the Central Coast Mariners,” Fisher said.

Yellow Army will be selling the bandannas at the base of Bay 16 from 4pm on Saturday.

The additional colour will undoubtedly help boost the Yellow Army’s distinctive appearance, and also create further awareness of the CanTeen cause.

In 2011, CanTeen will provide three overnight programs on the Central Coast and numerous recreational events, giving local members a chance to escape their daily cancer experience, build relationships, share knowledge and have some fun.

For more information, please visit www.canteen.org.au or www.bandannaday.com.au

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/Mariners-contribute-to-CanTeen-cause/42066

go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

disappointed that amini was not named for sat night's game, even ten minutes off the bench would have kept me happy
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

I'm hoping to see McGlinchey to CAM like the old days, and Hearfield to RM
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

If bernie starts up front with matty simon , i reckon that might just do it.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

go you yellow wrote:
If bernie starts up front with matty simon , i reckon that might just do it.

Always happy to be proven right! Mcbreen was a highlight in behind these two guys , and thought all players turned up last night.

I felt like we got back to playing more like we were last season , come on lads , GO YOU YELLOW!
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

go you yellow wrote:
disappointed that amini was not named for sat night's game, even ten minutes off the bench would have kept me happy

Not sure about the naming of the squads articles that come out but with both wilko and musti playing who were listed as injured , i will take no notice of that rubbish in the future !
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Now interest from the owner of tot hotspur for investment in ccm or just another red herring?
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Turnbull will fuck it up again for us. No one wants to invest with him calling the shots.
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Hopefully he doesn't.. this could be huge
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

certainly would give us an emotional boost , not just financial should it happen , maybe that's what is sparking these type of rumours.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Quote:
Competition: Hunting "Our Harry"

Thursday, 3 November 2011 9:00 AM

Melbourne Victory may have signed Australian football legend, Harry Kewell, but here at the Mariners we believe there is a local Harry waiting in the wings to be discovered.

In the lead up to our Hyundai A-League round 6 clash with Melbourne Victory at Bluetongue Stadium, we at the Mariners have begun a search for our region’s best Harry – a man who will rightfully become known as “Our Harry”.

So who is “Our Harry”?

“Our Harry” holds the Mariners dear to his heart, has yellow and navy blood flowing through his veins, and most importantly shows a vast amount of local pride.

“Our Harry” represents all that is good about our region, from Budgewoi to Berkeley Vale, Killara to Kincumber, Hornsby to Halekulani, Terrigal to Tuggerah, Gwandalan to Green Point – he is a true local advocate giving back to the community he cherishes.

“Our Harry” – and the person who nominates him – is interested in winning a money cannot buy experience, sitting pitch side (next to the players’ bench) at the Mariners home clash with Melbourne Victory on Saturday 12 November, decked out in a prize pack of Mariners merchandise.

Are you, or do you know our best Harry? If so, please read on...

Entering the Central Coast Mariners “Our Harry” competition is simple.

1. CLICK HERE to fill in our online “Our Harry” competition form. Aside from some basic details, there are two questions for you to answer:

- What makes your Harry a Mariners and football fanatic?
- What does your Harry do to show his local pride?

2. At the completion of the competition, the entries will be collated and five Harry finalists, plus the people who nominated them, will be chosen by representatives from our Major Sponsor North Construction, and the Mariners’ Yellow Army Supporter Group, to attend a pre-match press event where they will each receive a signed football.

3. The five Harry finalists and the person who nominated them will attend a pre-match interview on the Bluetongue Stadium pitch prior to the start of the Central Coast Mariners home game against Melbourne Victory on Saturday 12 November. The match kicks-off at 7:45pm.

4. The five Harry finalists will be asked by Mariners radio partner, SEA FM and 2GO, why they are a Mariners and football fanatic. The best answer, based on the criteria, will be judged by a representative from the Central Coast Mariners playing squad.

5. The winning Harry, and the person who nominated him, will receive a prize pack of a Mariners merchandise, and get to watch the just metres from the pitch, right next to the players’ bench).

Know a Harry? CLICK HERE to enter now!

Get to the game! Purchase your tickets to our clash with Melbourne Victory on Saturday 12 November by clicking HERE

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/Competition-Hunting-Our-Harry/42251

go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Im feeling more and more confident about this season , we are playing better each game, and with amini coming back , things are looking sharpera
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search