The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13 Champions!

The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13...

Author
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
So am I. Amini really surprised me. I thought he'd been kind of anonymous in his sub appearances thus far but he made a huge difference when he came on last night. I'm not sure how his fitness is going but he must very close to a starting spot.

The team is really building nicely. In the early rounds we had probably 4 poor performers per match. Last week it was only Pedj. This week I thought everyone played well.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
neverwozza wrote:
So am I. Amini really surprised me. I thought he'd been kind of anonymous in his sub appearances thus far but he made a huge difference when he came on last night. I'm not sure how his fitness is going but he must very close to a starting spot.

The team is really building nicely. In the early rounds we had probably 4 poor performers per match. Last week it was only Pedj. This week I thought everyone played well.

Agreed. Great to see Hutch back in so seamlessly too :)
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
To be honest I thought both teams could have been a lot better last night. How soon do you guys think it is until Amini will be starting?

I'd wager next week, but it's always hard to change a winning team. Next time we lose or draw I think we'll see him starting for sure.
BusbyBabe
BusbyBabe
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

As soon as Arnold watches the replay of McBreen. Amini will be back in.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

BusbyBabe wrote:
As soon as Arnold watches the replay of McBreen. Amini will be back in.

Mcbreen has surpassed all expectations sitting in behind the strikers at the no 10 position, so i have nothing more to ask of him , otherbthan to get out of amini's way
BusbyBabe
BusbyBabe
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

He has surpassed all expectations, yes. Because they were as low as anything. I can't think of anyone who sees McBreen as a 10.

He has done a job but they will be so much better with him out of there. Hopefully.

There will be a certain amount of pressure from Dortmund to get Amini on the pitch and playing too.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

BusbyBabe wrote:
He has surpassed all expectations, yes. Because they were as low as anything. I can't think of anyone who sees McBreen as a 10.

He has done a job but they will be so much better with him out of there. Hopefully.

There will be a certain amount of pressure from Dortmund to get Amini on the pitch and playing too.

With our current squad , he has done the job , since he has been playing there we havent lost - so let the record speak
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

BusbyBabe wrote:

I suspect the pressure would be to protect their investment by not bringing him back too quick.
BusbyBabe
BusbyBabe
Legend

True. But when back fit, I reckon they would want him to play.

I am old school, if you are fit enough for the bench, you are fit enough to play.
LUCAS CRANACH
LUCAS CRANACH
Fan
Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)Fan (63 reputation)

lol central coast mariners boringest team in the league :-"
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

BusbyBabe wrote:
True. But when back fit, I reckon they would want him to play.

I am old school, if you are fit enough for the bench, you are fit enough to play.

I reckon Amini will start vs the heart , with Mcbreen on the bench - even if he is only good for an hour , its an hour everyone wants to see, and Mcbreen has demonstrated he is capable off the bench either to replace him at 10 or poach a goal up front to give Matt S or Bernie a break if needed.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Quote:
Mariners' Baird to play in Malaysia

AAP
November 28, 2011, 2:42 pm

Central Coast Mariners have released striker Michael Baird to join Malaysian Super League side Sabah FA.

The 28-year-old had a trial with the team earlier this month and impressed enough to earn a contract.

After signing with the Mariners in January, he played three games without scoring a goal.

Baird is well-travelled, having also played for Perth and Brisbane in the A-League, a four-year stint in Romania and with several teams in the defunct National Soccer League (NSL).

His initial contract with Sabah is for one season, plus an option for further year.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/soccer/12131690/mariners-baird-to-play-in-malaysia/

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Joffa wrote:
Quote:

AAP

Central Coast Mariners have released striker Michael Baird to join Malaysian Super League side Sabah FA.

The 28-year-old had a trial with the team earlier this month and impressed enough to earn a contract.

After signing with the Mariners in January, he played three games without scoring a goal.

Baird is well-travelled, having also played for Perth and Brisbane in the A-League, a four-year stint in Romania and with several teams in the defunct National Soccer League (NSL).

His initial contract with Sabah is for one season, plus an option for further year.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/soccer/12131690/mariners-baird-to-play-in-malaysia/

Good bit of business just to get him off of the books. Any idea if you guys will bring someone new in?
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Draupnir wrote:
Joffa wrote:
Quote:

AAP

Good bit of business just to get him off of the books. Any idea if you guys will bring someone new in?

not sure we pretty much have two guys competing for most spots and with hear field playing super sub up front bairds chances were going to be few and far between, and we don't really need another striker
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Yeah we don't need any more strikers. If anything we need cover for CB.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Quote:
Coast talk with backers

29/11/2011 7:01 PM
Sportal

The Central Coast Mariners have confirmed they are in talks with potential new investors for the A-League club.

The Mariners are the latest club to have fallen into financial trouble with last season's grand finalists struggling with "short-term cash flow difficulties".

It's understood several members of staff and players had their salary payments delayed last week.

FFA boss Frank Lowy said he expects the club to make it through by securing a new backer and also suggested the Mariners may be provided an advance of their existing funding allocation.

In a statement released by the Mariners on Tuesday, Chairman Peter Turnball said: "We are renowned as the community club of the Hyundai A-League due to our engagement with the people of the Central Coast."

"I want to assure our members and our fans that the foundation principles that underpin our club are non-negotiable. Those very strengths are what have attracted the potential new investors."

"To continue the growth of the Mariners we need to replenish our capital and that’s what the talks aim to achieve."

"The Central Coast community is rightly proud of what the Mariners have built and this process is about making our house sustainable for the long-term."

Turnbull said despite the current cash-flow problems, the club was on a "firm footing".

"Our players and staff understand the situation and remain supportive of the club’s management," he said.

"We are working with the FFA and have a sound business model in place. Our long-term vision for a diversified business includes the Centre of Excellence, the first stage of which sees the Soccer5s complex having its first open day next Wednesday."

"Central Coast Mariners are in a good position. We are currently sitting second on A-League ladder and are about to enter our second stint in the AFC Champions League."

"I have no doubt Central Coast Mariners will go from strength to strength and with the investment of new capital we will only become a stronger force in Australian football."

http://www.sportal.co.nz/football-news-display/coast-talk-with-backers-149856

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

To help you with your financial worries we will be throwing extra coins at Hutcho on the 10th. He might need them to buy some petrol

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Bowden
Bowden
Legend

marconi101 wrote:
To help you with your financial worries we will be throwing extra coins at Hutcho on the 10th. He might need them to buy some petrol

That's so nice of you guys :)
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:

That's so nice of you guys :)

I reckon Hutch would happily pay to have a crack at you guys - no issue with financials there.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

So someone asked on our forum for best X1 line ups

Someone care to give me what they see as playing on Friday night taking into account any injuries or suspensions?

My guess is you will see this from us as we have no Cassio or Vidosic and Boogard is suspended but I think Van Dijk is back and possibly Levchenko but who cares...

................Eugene............

Watson.....McKain...Susak.....Usucar

........Dilevski...Barbiero.......

Caravella...................Ramsay
..............Djite
................VanDijk

Of course that's just a guess but I'm interested to see what you guys line up like coz i confess i have seen very little of CCM games this season as I barely have time to watch ANY games other than United's this season unfortunately
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Yeah that was me, thanks for that.

My guess is that we'll be playing this:

........................Ryan........................

..Bojic...Wilkinson...Zwaanswijk...Rose..

......................Griffiths......................

..McGlinchey......................Bozanic..

........................Amini........................

...........Simon..................Ibini...........

Subs:
Hearfield
Hutchinson
Pellegrino
Pasfield (GK)
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Hmmm pretty much as suspected
Seems like you have your entire first X1 available if im not mistaken...

Is Mcbreen available? Has he played much this year?

Ibini is my fave player of yours I think though
Hope he gets a start Friday night but doesn't decide the outcome of course ;)
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Ahh shit I forgot about McBreen! Yeah he'll def make that bench. I'd guess over Pellegrino.

Yeah he's started most of our games at CAM cause Musty has been injured. Did a solid job too. Who knew he had it in him?

Edited by cbowden9000: 30/11/2011 12:37:40 PM
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

But yeah our first XI are all available now that the Olyroos are back :)
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

cbowden9000 wrote:
Ahh shit I forgot about McBreen! Yeah he'll def make that bench. I'd guess over Pellegrino.

Does he or Simon ever drop back into that Amini role for you guys?
happened once or twice last season didn't it?

Christ I hate playing you guys. I swear you have always given us the hardest games even when we were on that losing streak to Melbourne.

Simon must be the most horrible striker to mark in the league. he is just so freaking fit and strong and puts himself about like a maniac. I dont think he's "dirty" as such but I imagine he is like that even in training games. Just a hard, fit maniac ;)

Not looking forward to Friday lads, not sure a lot of the faithful are...

Actually scrap that, you guys are going down. yeah. You suck etc etc
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

You just answered my qn about McBreen in CAM with your edit aha, cheers
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Haha no worries.

Yeah I seem to remember Perez carving you up last season. Flores had nothing that game, could only watch in awe of his fellow Argentine :D

Yeah but Simon's been showing some flair and ball skills too this season. Apparently Arnie's been working with him one on one teaching him how to be a complete striker (obviously a former Socceroos striking legend himself).
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Davide82 wrote:
You just answered my qn about McBreen in CAM with your edit aha, cheers

Yeh I would have McBreen on the bench in place of Pelleg - Shroj out muscled Amini last week and Mcbreen played well when he came on and gave us a bit more of a strengthened presence in the middle of the park. He has done well in the #10 position as I have said before , but he can be a bit of a blunt instrument at times whereas Amini is almost too good , bringing players into the game who then struggle to control the ball and play that beautiful to watch football.

BTW I thought Hutch last week was no where near as good as he was in the first game back , lost his footing , passing was not as accurate etc - , ..... maybe the heat ?
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

cbowden9000 wrote:
Haha no worries.

Yeah I seem to remember Perez carving you up last season. Flores had nothing that game, could only watch in awe of his fellow Argentine :D

Yeah but Simon's been showing some flair and ball skills too this season. Apparently Arnie's been working with him one on one teaching him how to be a complete striker (obviously a former Socceroos striking legend himself).

Oh for sure, I honestly think Simon gets a BIT of a bum rap because people tend to ignore that fact he has consistently scored goals in this league because they are just blinded by the fact he isn't flashy i spose.

and yeas, that was the game where I suddenly realised how good Perez actually was when i saw him live at Hindmarsh. More to the point the fact that he ran a lot more than i gave him credit for. We played you again a month later in Gosford and got demolished too.

Flores was prone to being shut entirely out of games by teams that sat up his arse all game. happened more towards the end of the season and also at the end of the group stages of the ACL actually too.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:

I hear that they won't have the money to even make it to the 10th. looks like we will have to tear up gosford instead of watching football.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search