Academies that tour Asia


Academies that tour Asia

Author
Message
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 926, Visits: 0
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/98594,sleagues-a-match-for-aleague.aspx
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Spam.

Get cracking, mods.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Aussiesrus wrote:
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/98594,sleagues-a-match-for-aleague.aspx



Great to see you back on forum mate!! Your contributions have been missed.
:d

Good article posted for discussion.

I was concerned about how the Aussie team would perform against Singapore in the under 23s. The Socceroos had struggled against the Singapore senior team.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Spam.

Get cracking, mods.


Respond to the content/ideas in the post, Judy. Don't attack the person.:roll:

This is a genuine topic for discussion. It would be useful for you to start some genuine threads.

Aussiesrus has made plenty of useful contributions to football discussion in this section.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
"On the ball they are calmer, in control, can turn out of trouble easier compared to most A-League Aussies," added Basha.

"At youth level in Singapore, they are improving all the time. Are we? And Australia has not been able to thrash Singapore in their last two games remember."

The debate about the technical ability of A-League players has come into sharp focus over the last week. The A-League-based Socceroos were handed a football lesson by a rampant Kuwait last week in an Asian Cup qualifier.



This technical superiority question is also shared by a former Asian senior international coach I know.

When I was playing football at 18 we had an injection of 4 Indonesian players in our team. They were all technically good on the ball, but were easily pushed off the ball.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Pure unadultered SPAM.

Bumping an article from 2009. :oops:

The logic behind his presence here has been well established i.e. he's been outed.

Mods need to get serious.


Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Pure unadultered SPAM.

Bumping an article from 2009. :oops:

The logic behind his presence here has been well established i.e. he's been outed.

Mods need to get serious.



Performance section wasn't around in 2009.

The article elucidates an issue I've studied comprehensively in the ACL, World Cup qualifiers, our local premier league level and local youth teams I played in.

Like many on here I'm sick to death of you and one other trying to discredit nearly every person who posts on 442, or is a stakeholder in the Australian football community. It is as though you contend nothing should ever be posted here, when you start no positive football threads yourself. This is simply another personal attack on a 442 forum member by you, or the other force of darkness.

When I have more time I intend to come back to this post, because the same issues Basha has raised have been substantiated in match stats I've compiled.

If Aidan Ormond has covered what Basha has to say, 442 have sanctioned this article, so it should stay in Performance. If you don't like the topic, Judy, don't contribute.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2.4K, Visits: 0
Decentric wrote:
"On the ball they are calmer, in control, can turn out of trouble easier compared to most A-League Aussies," added Basha.

"At youth level in Singapore, they are improving all the time. Are we? And Australia has not been able to thrash Singapore in their last two games remember."

The debate about the technical ability of A-League players has come into sharp focus over the last week. The A-League-based Socceroos were handed a football lesson by a rampant Kuwait last week in an Asian Cup qualifier.



This technical superiority question is also shared by a former Asian senior international coach I know.

When I was playing football at 18 we had an injection of 4 Indonesian players in our team. They were all technically good on the ball, but were easily pushed off the ball.


I think this is answered by your comments on the Dutch system and first touch.
If you and the ball are not in the same place as you were when you received the ball it’s hard to be pushed off it.

spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
I know of an Academy that will be touring China in July and that is ACTAS under the tutelage of Milan Milovanovic.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
I'm not sure about Singaporeans, but Asian wide players - full backs and wingers, have worried Australian defences in the ACL with their dribbling ability. Australian wingers and full backs have been comparatively ineffectual against Asian opposition in the ACL.

At the start of the ACL games a few years ago, Australian teams sometimes steamrolled Asian teams in terms of physical strength. This disparity has been closed by Asian teams in the last few years.

I can't remember which Japanese team played Newcastle, but they considered them the physically strongest team they had ever played. That was with Ljubo and Tops as CBs and Adam Griffiths as DM.

Edited by Decentric: 21/6/2011 03:32:51 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 926, Visits: 0
Tony Basha makes some interesting points. One of the academy guys who is a 6ft 7 inch Sout African born bohemoth recently trialled for Albirex Niigata, I'll call him Player A. I spoke with him about his trials and he said one of things he had difficulty with was the asian quick style of play which left him in no mans land at times. Player A said one of the things he seriously needed to work on was to improve his speed of thinking. In the blink of an eye the asians can turn on a dime and leave bigger more physically stronger and fitter players floundering.

Asia is a very good place for younger players to travel to and gain great experience. It is more cost effective to tour asia than it is to tour the UK or USA. You know your going to face high quality fast paced technically well drilled sides.

Coaches do face these types of dilemmas when they look to their kickoff player lineup, then to benches for replacements. Do they pick the smaller more technically better player or go with size, pace and strength?

The right answer is the one which gives the best result.

Does the article have merit?

It is my opinion it certainly does. Looking back at the last ACL demise of our teams that never even made it out of the group stages indicates our mid-range teams are no match for the asian teams. Having said that though I really would have expected Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners to make it out of the group stage. Silly to lag our best teams based on previous years table standings and does misconstrue our potential real results.

Singapore Under 19's are currently in Australia playing against some of our finest and are doing exceptionally well even against older more experienced sides.

If Australia is serious about it's belief that bigger, fitter, and stronger players are better then it needs to prove it by winning the ACL and Asian Cup. We have won neither to date. Being bigger, fitter, stronger is a great basis but technical skills are more important. This is also why Barcelona choose technique over size and strength and no-one can dispute their place on the world stage of football.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Aussiesrus wrote:

Does the article have merit?

It is my opinion it certainly does. Looking back at the last ACL demise of our teams that never even made it out of the group stages indicates our mid-range teams are no match for the asian teams. Having said that though I really would have expected Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners to make it out of the group stage. Silly to lag our best teams based on previous years table standings and does misconstrue our potential real results.

.


I just hope Roar and Mariners will be as good next year.

Roar have lost Solarzano and De Vere.

CCM may have lost Perez and Amini (probably).

This year Victory should have gone past the group stage. The had two or three disallowed goals in one of those last two matches and two genuine penalty claims in the other which weren't awarded.

Nevertheless, you make a valid point about A League teams needing to move beyond the group stages on a consistent basis. The Asian teams' technique stands them in good stead.

In previous stats compilations, most Australian players head the ball very well compared to Asian opposition. Many have also been taught to use their body well too in body on body contact.

The Asian players often have superior first touches and are more comfortable on the ball. They also pass and move better in tight spaces. Generally they need less space to work in.

Edited by Decentric: 23/6/2011 02:39:48 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
"Yes the Aussie players are stronger, fitter and maybe faster but technically, I'd rate most of the Singaporean players I've seen as better than what I see from Aussie players in the A-League," he told au.fourfourtwo.com.

Basha speaks from experience. He is a former S-League player with Gombak United and has leveraged this relationship to take his academy on tour in Singapore.



Tony Basha must have been a pretty decent player if he played in the S League. I'd assume it would be somewhere between the A League and the VPL in standard. Does anyone know more about this subject?

In this state we have a paucity of this quality of footballer in retirement. He could do well in Tasmania running this sort of academy. Other than Morton's academy and our embryonic FFE, there are few opportunities outside state/rep/NTC programmes.

Brazilian Soccer Schools has started in Devonport.

Aussiesrus, is Tony Basha the main coach at ASA for elite players?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Aussiesrus wrote:
Tony Basha makes some interesting points. One of the academy guys who is a 6ft 7 inch Sout African born bohemoth recently trialled for Albirex Niigata, I'll call him Player A. I spoke with him about his trials and he said one of things he had difficulty with was the asian quick style of play which left him in no mans land at times. Player A said one of the things he seriously needed to work on was to improve his speed of thinking. In the blink of an eye the asians can turn on a dime and leave bigger more physically stronger and fitter players floundering.



Interesting point about the ASA player's self-diagnosed problems after trialling in Japan.

Edited by Decentric: 5/7/2011 08:34:01 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Decentric wrote:
Tony Basha must have been a pretty decent player if he played in the S League. I'd assume it would be somewhere between the A League and the VPL in standard. Does anyone know more about this subject?


lol

Bless your naivety.

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Players/B/BART.html

He's a nobody, decentric.

But that won't stop the likes of inexperienced and gullible people like yourself sucking up such rubbish.

Google him if yer like.......and you'll see that there are only two people talking about TB on the net i.e TB himself and your two bob nitwit mate aussieisus.:lol:



Edited by judy free: 5/7/2011 08:43:12 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Tony Basha must have been a pretty decent player if he played in the S League. I'd assume it would be somewhere between the A League and the VPL in standard. Does anyone know more about this subject?


lol

Bless your naivety.

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Players/B/BART.html

He's a nobody, decentric.

But that won't stop the likes of inexperienced and gullible people like yourself sucking up such rubbish.

Google him if yer like.......and you'll see that there are only two people talking about TB on the net i.e TB himself and your two bob nitwit mate aussieisus.:lol:



Edited by judy free: 5/7/2011 08:43:12 PM


How accurate is that data base for overseas playing records?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Tony Basha must have been a pretty decent player if he played in the S League. I'd assume it would be somewhere between the A League and the VPL in standard. Does anyone know more about this subject?


lol

Bless your naivety.

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Players/B/BART.html

He's a nobody, decentric.

But that won't stop the likes of inexperienced and gullible people like yourself sucking up such rubbish.

Google him if yer like.......and you'll see that there are only two people talking about TB on the net i.e TB himself and your two bob nitwit mate aussieisus.:lol:



Edited by judy free: 5/7/2011 08:43:12 PM



Gombak United and Marine Castle are his S League clubs.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Decentric wrote:
Gombak United and Marine Castle are his S League clubs.


FFS decentric.

You can be anyone you want on wiki. :lol:

Now, a bit of homework for you. Check bashas wiki claims and gombaks wiki page and see if you can spot anything odd.

This is just another example (among thousands) of your profound gullibility.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
To further illustrate Tony Basha's point, we recently have had Korean under 12 team visit Tasmania this week.

Embarrassingly, they played better football than our best split state league senior team!!!:cry: They were able to string together 6 or 7 passes frequently. Tassie split state league teams rarely exceed 4, even South Hobart who have been unbeaten for two years and are mooted as playing in the VPL.

The Tasmanian under 13s beat them, but it was engineered so they played on an enormous pitch with a size 5 ball rather than a size 4 ball.

The Koreans had beautiful outside of the foot passing, used reverse body swerve turns, Cruyff cuts, body swerves, Matthews' Cuts, Brazilian and reverse stepovers. They played lovely short passing through the midfield, creating 3v1 triangles. Their first touch was vastly superior to the local rep teams they played.



Edited by Decentric: 7/7/2011 04:55:48 PM
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2.4K, Visits: 0
Decentric wrote:
To further illustrate Tony Basha's point, we recently have had Korean under 12 team visit Tasmania this week.

Embarrassingly, they played better football than our best split state league senior team!!!:cry: They were able to string together 6 or 7 passes frequently. Tassie split state league teams rarely exceed 4, even South Hobart who have been unbeaten for two years and are mooted as playing in the VPL.

The Tasmanian under 13s beat them, but it was engineered so they played on an enormous pitch with a size 5 ball rather than a size 4 ball.

The Koreans had beautiful outside of the foot passing, used reverse body swerve turns, Cruyff cuts, body swerves, Matthews' Cuts, Brazilian and reverse stepovers. They played lovely short passing through the midfield, creating 3v1 triangles. Their first touch was vastly superior to the local rep teams they played.



Edited by Decentric: 7/7/2011 04:55:48 PM



how did you get them to come to tassie?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
krones3 wrote:
Decentric wrote:
To further illustrate Tony Basha's point, we recently have had Korean under 12 team visit Tasmania this week.

Embarrassingly, they played better football than our best split state league senior team!!!:cry: They were able to string together 6 or 7 passes frequently. Tassie split state league teams rarely exceed 4, even South Hobart who have been unbeaten for two years and are mooted as playing in the VPL.

The Tasmanian under 13s beat them, but it was engineered so they played on an enormous pitch with a size 5 ball rather than a size 4 ball.

The Koreans had beautiful outside of the foot passing, used reverse body swerve turns, Cruyff cuts, body swerves, Matthews' Cuts, Brazilian and reverse stepovers. They played lovely short passing through the midfield, creating 3v1 triangles. Their first touch was vastly superior to the local rep teams they played.



Edited by Decentric: 7/7/2011 04:55:48 PM





how did you get them to come to tassie?




I can't remember the name of the Korean club. If you are interested I'll follow up with the Tassie club who brought them over and give you their contact details, and how the trip came about. They played the best football I've seen since the Mariners and Victory were here last year. Not quite, the NTC play in the reserves senior split state league competitions and they play some decent stuff.

Some of the women's spilt state league teams play well against weaker teams too.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2.4K, Visits: 0
Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:
Decentric wrote:
To further illustrate Tony Basha's point, we recently have had Korean under 12 team visit Tasmania this week.

Embarrassingly, they played better football than our best split state league senior team!!!:cry: They were able to string together 6 or 7 passes frequently. Tassie split state league teams rarely exceed 4, even South Hobart who have been unbeaten for two years and are mooted as playing in the VPL.

The Tasmanian under 13s beat them, but it was engineered so they played on an enormous pitch with a size 5 ball rather than a size 4 ball.

The Koreans had beautiful outside of the foot passing, used reverse body swerve turns, Cruyff cuts, body swerves, Matthews' Cuts, Brazilian and reverse stepovers. They played lovely short passing through the midfield, creating 3v1 triangles. Their first touch was vastly superior to the local rep teams they played.



Edited by Decentric: 7/7/2011 04:55:48 PM





how did you get them to come to tassie?




I can't remember the name of the Korean club. If you are interested I'll follow up with the Tassie club who brought them over and give you their contact details, and how the trip came about. They played the best football I've seen since the Mariners and Victory were here last year. Not quite, the NTC play in the reserves senior split state league competitions and they play some decent stuff.

Some of the women's spilt state league teams play well against weaker teams too.


That would be great.
I have never understood how Townsville’s close proximity to Asia has not resulted in more Asian teams coming here for friendlies.



Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Gombak United and Marine Castle are his S League clubs.


FFS decentric.

You can be anyone you want on wiki. :lol:

Now, a bit of homework for you. Check bashas wiki claims and gombaks wiki page and see if you can spot anything odd.

This is just another example (among thousands) of your profound gullibility.


For the record.....

Basha claims to have played S-League for Gombak United in 2005.

Gombak United did not play in the S-League in 2005.

Carry on.


Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 926, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Gombak United and Marine Castle are his S League clubs.


FFS decentric.

You can be anyone you want on wiki. :lol:

Now, a bit of homework for you. Check bashas wiki claims and gombaks wiki page and see if you can spot anything odd.

This is just another example (among thousands) of your profound gullibility.


Here are the facts...

Gombak returned to S-League in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_S.League

"Gombak United also returned to the league after pulling-out in 2002."

Wiki error appears fixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Basha

Marine Castle = S-League in 2000

http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/sing00.html

Tony Basha was also Parramatta FC leading goalscorer in 2007

Top Goalscorers:
2000/1 – Adam Anderson N/A
2001/2 – Jimmy Bakis 17 goals
2002/3 – Daniel Kukucka 6 goals
2003/2004 – Andrew Kane 4 goals
2004/5 – Richie Cardozo 6 goals
2006 – Nathan Rivera (N/A)
2007 – Tony Basha 7 goals
2008 – Fredrick Graham (N/A)
2009 – Fredrick Graham (N/A)
2010 – Shane Ardle (N/A)

http://www.nswpl.com.au/index.php?id=613

Judy Free wrote:
FFS decentric.

You can be anyone you want on wiki. :lol:

Now, a bit of homework for you.


Fail homework much along with life in general?
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Aussiesrus wrote:
Wiki error appears fixed.

:lol:

Please pass on my thanks to TB for figuring out which year he played at Gombak and editing his wiki page.

Too funny.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Judy Free wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
Wiki error appears fixed.

:lol:

Please pass on my thanks to TB for figuring out which year he played at Gombak and editing his wiki page.

Too funny.


Rather than playing the man, how about playing the ball, Chips?

This thread was about Asian playing style/technical qualities compared to Aussie players.

I'm currently evaluating state league teams training programmes after seeeing an underage Korean team playing technical football. Tony Basha puts up some interesting views. How about responding to these views rather than question who he is and what credentials he has?

It is the same regarding Pim Verbeek, Jan Versleijen, Han Berger, Rob Baan, Simon Clifford, Wiel Coerver, Tony Basha, Walter Pless, Aussiesrus, Andy Jackson, Arthur, yours truly, etc,. You always seem to attack a person's credentials rather than the skills/sessions they impart on the training track.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I find this topic particularly interesting.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.7K, Visits: 0
Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
Wiki error appears fixed.

:lol:

Please pass on my thanks to TB for figuring out which year he played at Gombak and editing his wiki page.

Too funny.


Rather than playing the man, how about playing the ball, Chips?


Sigh.

You quite clearly have no problems with people pretending to be something they are not and lying about their past and present. That said, I can understand why you are comfortable with this position, as it is also your very own modus operandi.

Strayan sockah has been a cessspit of extreme dodginess forever. Yourself and people like basha only serve to swell the numbers.

Decentric wrote:
You always seem to attack a person's credentials rather than the skills/sessions they impart on the training track.


Only the dodgy ones, which were about half those mentioned in your list.

Edited by judy free: 28/7/2011 07:15:13 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 926, Visits: 0
The only thing dodgy and clueless around here is you Judy Free. So you just keep on knocking the good people and good work done at ASA and ASA will just keep on producing quality footballers. You just stick to what you know best and that is how to produce crap posts and put a rubbish spin on everything.

Here is another Australasian Soccer Academy student making his mark with an A-League club.

"Central Coast Mariners coach Graham Arnold was pleased with his side after it defeated Bankstown City Lions 3-0 at Jensen Park on Wednesday night.

Musialik move a matter of styles

In its first full pre-season hit out the Mariners scored through Oliver Bozanic and Michael Baird inside the opening 10 minutes, with substitute Michael McGlinchey netting a third.

"I thought we did quite well on the difficult surface," Arnold said. "Our overall structure was very good, the new players fitted into our structure very well, and there were no injuries. It was a good hit out."

It took the Mariners just five minutes to open the scoring, Bozanic firing home a free-kick, and not long after it was 2-0 with Baird doubling the lead.

Matt Simon crashed a shot against the post, but it was half-time substitute McGlinchey who added a third just four minutes after the restart.

Arnold made a host of changes in the second half, bringing on National Youth League player Kwabena Appiah-Kubi, as well as Brad McDonald and Sam Gallagher.

"It was important in our first game of the pre-season to get as many minutes into the legs of as many players as possible," Arnold said.

"Kwabena's got pace, he's got talent, and he's just another youngster we're not afraid to work with or give a chance to."

The victory earned the Mariners the second edition of the Doug Turnbull Cup."

Ref: http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1071950/Mariners-ease-past-Bankstown


Edited by aussiesrus: 10/9/2011 05:47:00 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)Rising Star (947 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 926, Visits: 0
Been very quiet here so I thought I would update the latest news from ASA. As posted before ASA not only tours Asia but also organises trials for top ASA students in the UK which is organised by our UK football guru Jim Petruzzi.

6 Players from ASA have been trialling in the UK with Alusine Fofanah signing with Manchester City. Alusine is only 14 and netted two hatricks for Manchester City against Wales and Burnley.

ALUSINE FOFANAH NETS TWO HATRICKS IN A ROW
Manchester City Has A future star at there disposal , With academy star Alusine Fofanah scoring 6 goals in two games.
Manchester City coaching staff are very excited with Fofanah who has been electrifying in his first two games against Wales and Burnley.
Academy head coach Tony Basha said Alusine has been tremendous, Aluisne will sign on for 6 weeks with City and will be training with the under 18s.
Basha Told the ASA website the future looks bright for Alusine. The city staff rate him Alusine very highly.
Academy Player consultant in the UK Jim Petruzzi said there was plenty of interest from rival Premier League clubs and abroad.
Petruzzi said he was happy with Alusines professionalism and wanted to give the Australasian Soccer academy a big wrap on the way they are doing things back in Australia.
"We chose to stick with Manchester City becasue they have a very professional set up and some very good coaches.

Other clubs ASA have been trialling with are Blackpool, Leeds United.

Reference : http://www.australasiansocceracademy.com.au/soccer/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=60&lang=en

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)Legend (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 21K, Visits: 0
Well done ASA.


I'll chase up Ken Morton's trip to England with his soccer school.
GO


Select a Forum....























Inside Sport


Search