The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Waz - 27 Mar 2020 8:13 AM
Robbies returned to the UK to be with family, wonder if we’ll see him come back? 

He popped up on BT sport with his mate macca, funnily enough he didnt even talk about his coaching in brisbane, lol.
he also be found on just eat adverts

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

thekingmb - 22 Apr 2020 2:09 PM
Waz - 22 Apr 2020 11:30 AM

To this day, i still can't believe the rage from a lot of the fans. VAR wouldn't have overturned the decision, however if it wasn't given, the VAR wouldn't have given the pen.

Yes...buts let's remember it was Berisha not Brisbane Roar. 

Berisha moved on and continued with his famous antics in the box. Tho he has probably woken up to himself since at WU and isn't so keen to fall over these days. 

aim your dislike at Berisha not Brisbane. 

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Jimo8 - 23 Apr 2020 8:18 AM
thekingmb - 22 Apr 2020 2:09 PM

Yes...buts let's remember it was Berisha not Brisbane Roar. 

Berisha moved on and continued with his famous antics in the box. Tho he has probably woken up to himself since at WU and isn't so keen to fall over these days. 

aim your dislike at Berisha not Brisbane. 

Clear penalty as shown in this analysis by Harper and HIll. Miller's initial reaction in normal time is also telling. He knew.  But haters gonna hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXbaxW3AuFU

Edited
4 Years Ago by clockwork orange
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

clockwork orange - 23 Apr 2020 11:20 AM
Jimo8 - 23 Apr 2020 8:18 AM

Clear penalty as shown in this analysis by Harper and HIll. Miller's initial reaction in normal time is also telling. He knew.  But haters gonna hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXbaxW3AuFU

Just can’t believe they’re still going on about it. Glory didn’t get a shot on target that day as well from memory 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 23 Apr 2020 3:48 PM
clockwork orange - 23 Apr 2020 11:20 AM

Just can’t believe they’re still going on about it. Glory didn’t get a shot on target that day as well from memory 

Hand of God?
Was the ball over the line?

I am sure if you think about it you can believe that fans will keep it fresh in their minds for all eternity.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Ouch - I had forgotten the Palace and Hammers games in all the fuss.

There goes that money.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

I got to speak to Pourre as part of the RSF stuff today. 

He said plenty but I’m not sure what is for public sharing but in a nutshell what I think I can share is Roar paid salaries up to the end of last month and then leant on the government schemes where they could. The clubs in a decent place considering the crisis with no immediate financial threat 

He could not (or likely would not) elaborate on the Fox situation or if/when the season would restart other than to say the entire squad is intact and raring to go with only Robbie and Tony Grant overseas at the moment. 

Planning for next season continues and he ran us through the various financial options for membership, all of which looked pretty reasonable considering the current crisis, but there will be a need to visit this again and again as things evolve 

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

@Waz, thanks for the update. It seems the Roar management have learnt their lesson and have been quite communicative. All good to see.
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

Footballking55 - 25 Apr 2020 4:56 PM
@Waz, thanks for the update. It seems the Roar management have learnt their lesson and have been quite communicative. All good to see.

Same can't be said about Perth. Sage telling players he has no ( Aleague ) money.
Waz
Waz
Legend

We’re not quite back to discussing football yet but here’s a really good analysis of roars passing season to date:

https://twitter.com/aleague_apart/status/1260467845365932032?s=21
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Waz - 14 May 2020 4:05 PM
We’re not quite back to discussing football yet but here’s a really good analysis of roars passing season to date:

https://twitter.com/aleague_apart/status/1260467845365932032?s=21

The stats on team performance relate in the main to two aspects of the game, the percentage of ball possession achieved and the number of passes made but tend to ignore the importance of the number of successful and failed penetrations that have been made. The deciding factor of a team’s possession football ability must relate to their creation of space and their ability to exploit it otherwise possession football becomes negative football.

thats why fowler ball looks inferior to ange ball.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Do we know if the entire squad and coaching staff will all be returning for the season conclusion?
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 15 May 2020 6:40 AM
Do we know if the entire squad and coaching staff will all be returning for the season conclusion?

The entire squad including visa players are still in Brisbane so yes. 

Fowler and Grant are in the UK so there’s a question mark over whether they can get back, if they can’t I’d except Warren Moon to take over. 

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Waz - 15 May 2020 6:47 AM
aok - 15 May 2020 6:40 AM

The entire squad including visa players are still in Brisbane so yes. 

Fowler and Grant are in the UK so there’s a question mark over whether they can get back, if they can’t I’d except Warren Moon to take over. 

Thanks :).  I'm guessing Fowler and Grant will really want to get back and finish what he started.  Helps with building their resumes for their next gigs.
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 15 May 2020 6:53 AM
Waz - 15 May 2020 6:47 AM

Thanks :).  I'm guessing Fowler and Grant will really want to get back and finish what he started.  Helps with building their resumes for their next gigs.

Yes they will, and that’s the intention (departing back to the UK was their government advice at the time but interesting all the Brit players stayed)
aok
aok
Pro

There's an article in the Courier Mail (behind the pay wall), that suggests The Roar are fighting with Logan Council regarding some $150k in bills.  Anyone have any info? (hard to trust Marco).
Edited
4 Years Ago by aok
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 15 May 2020 8:40 AM
There's an article in the Courier Mail (behind the pay wall), that suggests The Roar are fighting with Logan Council regarding some $150k in bills.  Anyone have any info? (hard to trust Marco).

Yes. David Pourre called me the day before the article went out to give background (to the RSF not me personally). 

When Roar moved to Logan the deal was water was included. But since the entire council was booted the new administrators had been sending Roar a water bill ($190k) which the incoming councillors are not reversing. 

Roar are clear their contract excludes water payment do aren’t budging and are threatening to walk (according to the article, not DP, if they had to pay). 

No one throws metered water on grass fields, that’s why god gave us water tanks - the solution  (imo) will be the installation of giant water tanks in the near future 

aok
aok
Pro

Waz - 15 May 2020 9:32 AM
aok - 15 May 2020 8:40 AM

Yes. David Pourre called me the day before the article went out to give background (to the RSF not me personally). 

When Roar moved to Logan the deal was water was included. But since the entire council was booted the new administrators had been sending Roar a water bill ($190k) which the incoming councillors are not reversing. 

Roar are clear their contract excludes water payment do aren’t budging and are threatening to walk (according to the article, not DP, if they had to pay). 

No one throws metered water on grass fields, that’s why god gave us water tanks - the solution  (imo) will be the installation of giant water tanks in the near future 

Thanks.  Hopefully the situation gets resolved and the Roar stay.  It's a nice base for them.
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 15 May 2020 9:55 AM
Waz - 15 May 2020 9:32 AM

Thanks.  Hopefully the situation gets resolved and the Roar stay.  It's a nice base for them.

They’re about to take over the three other pitches there do they’d be pretty motivated on water costs lol. 
aok
aok
Pro

An article that was published yesterday.  Apologies it is has been posted before.  Talks about  Broich's (and Polanz) coaching in Germany  A very good read

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/thomas-broich-had-an-idea-a-whiteboard-and-a-camera-now-he-has-a-coaching-gig-in-germany-20200428-p54num.html

Interesting quote
"Broich still harbours ambitions of coaching in the A-League. He believes it's the perfect starting point for any aspiring manager, with the absence of relegation and the long off-season providing a unique, low-pressure environment in which to perfect a playing style - much like what he experienced under Postecoglou during the 'Roarcelona' era."

Who knows, might be ready after Fowler moves on?
Waz
Waz
Legend

dirkvanadidas - 15 May 2020 12:42 AM
Waz - 14 May 2020 4:05 PM

The stats on team performance relate in the main to two aspects of the game, the percentage of ball possession achieved and the number of passes made but tend to ignore the importance of the number of successful and failed penetrations that have been made. The deciding factor of a team’s possession football ability must relate to their creation of space and their ability to exploit it otherwise possession football becomes negative football.

thats why fowler ball looks inferior to ange ball.

If you remember when RF was appointed the fear was Roar would play long ball football, hoofball people described it, and that even continued after the season started. 

The evidence is clear - it’s not the game RF is playing and he has in fact developed a very sophisticated game plan based on short passing and positioning designed to create tactical overloads. 

Comparisons with Anges style are best done comparing Anges first year at Roar, Victory and even in Japan. He didn’t get immediate success and he took his time getting going - I can still remember the regular “groans” from fans as Anges first year side turned and passed back towards their own goal on a regular basis having failed in their execution. 

Waz
Waz
Legend

This is another good read:

https://www.aleagueapart.com/match-analysis/scouting-report-brisbane-roar

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

Waz - 15 May 2020 11:00 AM
dirkvanadidas - 15 May 2020 12:42 AM

If you remember when RF was appointed the fear was Roar would play long ball football, hoofball people described it, and that even continued after the season started. 

The evidence is clear - it’s not the game RF is playing and he has in fact developed a very sophisticated game plan based on short passing and positioning designed to create tactical overloads. 

Comparisons with Anges style are best done comparing Anges first year at Roar, Victory and even in Japan. He didn’t get immediate success and he took his time getting going - I can still remember the regular “groans” from fans as Anges first year side turned and passed back towards their own goal on a regular basis having failed in their execution. 

He realised he had no one who could score when their eyes were opened.

Waz
Waz
Legend

AnthonyC - 16 May 2020 9:54 AM
Waz - 15 May 2020 11:00 AM

He realised he had no one who could score when their eyes were opened.

Well he had ROD who can score, and DWH who can score. Both struggled in the 3-5-2 system though. 

But the folk on the Internet who were adamant and at times quite feral in their views, were proved wrong with their long ball predictions,

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Waz - 16 May 2020 10:42 AM
AnthonyC - 16 May 2020 9:54 AM

Well he had ROD who can score, and DWH who can score. Both struggled in the 3-5-2 system though. 

But the folk on the Internet who were adamant and at times quite feral in their views, were proved wrong with their long ball predictions,

The difference McDonald has made can not be underestimated. Just the right fit.
Waz
Waz
Legend

clockwork orange - 16 May 2020 12:50 PM
Waz - 16 May 2020 10:42 AM

The difference McDonald has made can not be underestimated. Just the right fit.

Exactly. I’ve always wondered who’s decision it was to sign ROD, he just didn’t fit the style of play Robbie planned? 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Waz
Waz
Waz
Legend

Matt Smith the new Head Coach at Brisbane City 👏👏
Waz
Waz
Legend

Reports that Jake McGing has signed with MacArthur 
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

scott20won - 17 Apr 2020 3:58 PM
Surely Roar will be looking to never play at Suncorp again

”Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor says he would welcome Brisbane Roar to the region Brisbane Roar play in front of a sold out crowd at Dolphin Stadium.
Brisbane Roar play in front of a sold out crowd at Dolphin Stadium.
 THE new Mayor of Moreton Bay Regional Council has made a bold move to snag the state’s top football club.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/moreton/moreton-bay-regional-council-mayor-says-he-would-welcome-brisbane-roar-to-the-region/news-story/f22476fd782afd61cb2945c44a28197a

aok
aok
Pro

Waz - 18 May 2020 8:31 PM
Reports that Jake McGing has signed with MacArthur 

Thank heaven for small miracles 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search