The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
crimsoncrusoe - 9 Jul 2021 11:08 AM
Maybe the Redcliffe move can be put down to Covid as well.
While Covid lockdowns are still a thing ,it doesnt make sense to play out of cavernous Suncorp Stadium and lose millions.Crowds locked out of Redcliffe wont hurt so much.

Imagine how refreshing it would be if the club (well it’s not really a club but more an organisation) came out and told the fans what it was planning to do over the next few years - if it intended to stay at Redcliffe or was only there because of Covid? 
I mean they’ve only been taking about a boutique stadium near the city for about 15 years …🙄

lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

My money is on Pinkenba recreational reserve for the stadium. I just can't see Perry park. It's vacant state land currently used by Brisbane athletic. There is not much around to say no to a stadium.

I just can't see anyplace else. Ballymore is gone, qe2 is staying athletic. Only other land is the golf course next to rbh but they making it a giant part.

What annoying me is they putting a big indoor venue on Roma street. With the convention centre and Bundall I don't really see the need.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Just thinking on a stadium more...

The issue with the Bakkrie group is that they are not going to 'own' Roar forever - but any stadium built will be forever.

If they simply hand the licence back in or have it taken off them at some point they lose that expenditure if the club owns it.
Are they free to sell the licence to another bidder at whatever they can get? Could they then add a significant amount to the value; as a club with its own stadium would hold much more value than just the club plus what it cost to build the stadium - same as a house sells for more than the land plus the cost to build.

Assuming they can on-sell the licence then...

They have the money to simply build it, but they are a business. Why spend all the money and add that cost/value to the club when they can wait to get Government support for the project and fork out less for the same return. Makes perfect business sense to have someone partner the cost of building.

The only thing that does not make sense is the lack of information I, as a fully paid season member for years, receive. If anyone tied to the club passes through here and sees this - my feeling is that we don't care what decisions are being made or why things are being delayed - we just would like to hear something about it regularly.

I am not on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform other than here - so if there is a source of information that I am missing (doubtful since a lot of people on here are saying the same and they do use social media) let me know so I can get at it.

If Waz, or anyone on the inside of the RSF passes through here - does Roar FC think they have you as their information conduit but something is not meshing properly to get that info and pass it on to us?

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

lolitsbigmic - 9 Jul 2021 5:35 PM
My money is on Pinkenba recreational reserve for the stadium. I just can't see Perry park. It's vacant state land currently used by Brisbane athletic. There is not much around to say no to a stadium.

I just can't see anyplace else. Ballymore is gone, qe2 is staying athletic. Only other land is the golf course next to rbh but they making it a giant part.

What annoying me is they putting a big indoor venue on Roma street. With the convention centre and Bundall I don't really see the need.

There is still the land with the Brisbane Polo Club (horse polo not foot or water) that would be ideally situated for a stadium alongside the M1 and with a train station just the other side of it...

I am sure the Polo Club would prefer not having attention drawn to the place or any interest being generated - but damn it looks handy with room aplenty.

JiMMM
JiMMM
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 10 Jul 2021 12:22 PM
lolitsbigmic - 9 Jul 2021 5:35 PM

There is still the land with the Brisbane Polo Club (horse polo not foot or water) that would be ideally situated for a stadium alongside the M1 and with a train station just the other side of it...

I am sure the Polo Club would prefer not having attention drawn to the place or any interest being generated - but damn it looks handy with room aplenty.

Having a look around google maps, the land at the Hendra Pony Club could be a good spot not far from Nundah and Northgate train stations and the surrounding cafes and pubs, also close to the highway for those driving.

Agree that I don't think we will see our own stadium in the near future, despite the (admittedly pre-covid) statements that the club are looking at it. I think all anyone really wants is to understand the long term thinking involved from the club and if they were able to do explain that thinking people will be less upset with all of the games being played Redcliffe.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

This imlack of information is what I’ve been complaining about for some time, only to be shut down with excuses from Waz. Good to see others are now starting to question the lip service by the foreign led club.

In a resort somewhere

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

Probably way out of our price range but Rukavitsa is a free agent. he would be the perfect striker in our system to put away the chances we create. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

sirhcdobo - 14 Jul 2021 10:58 AM
Probably way out of our price range but Rukavitsa is a free agent. he would be the perfect striker in our system to put away the chances we create. 

Would be an awesome addition to the team. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Would think until we hear otherwise, Kudo is still signed. I wonder what kind of money he is on, and whether Moon has plans for him. Would be a real shame to have a Visa player on the bench.

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

So we're apparently signing Juan Lescano on a 2 year deal.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/football/news/former-liverpool-and-real-madrid-youth-product-juan-lescano-set-for-a-league-move/j6agscuowlqg1tqkmb4chh3tg

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

Looks ok. has had a fair amount of time in the first and second division in russia. He looks like he has quite good work rate, dropping deep to help out defensively. will add a different dimension up front as he is tall and lanky. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Looks to be a decent enough signing.  The fact that we have paid a fee for him is showing some intent from the club owners.  His scoring form looks a little patchy.  Hopefully we've uncovered a gem.
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

aok - 16 Jul 2021 10:05 AM

Looks to be a decent enough signing.  The fact that we have paid a fee for him is showing some intent from the club owners.  His scoring form looks a little patchy.  Hopefully we've uncovered a gem.

Reminds me a bit of Gillesphie. Promising at youth level, and then not much after. Hopefully turns out the same.

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

He is at a good age ,if he has any talent at all.Which means he can still give his best and was good enough while younger to go to Liverpool and Real Madrid.
Surely he is good on the ball as well.Its in his DNA as an Argentinian.

🤞
So now we have real pace ,height and experience up front.
🙂
aok
aok
Pro

Mello-D - 16 Jul 2021 10:56 AM
aok - 16 Jul 2021 10:05 AM

Reminds me a bit of Gillesphie. Promising at youth level, and then not much after. Hopefully turns out the same.

🤞

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur

crimsoncrusoe - 16 Jul 2021 11:21 AM
He is at a good age ,if he has any talent at all.Which means he can still give his best and was good enough while younger to go to Liverpool and Real Madrid.
Surely he is good on the ball as well.Its in his DNA as an Argentinian.

🤞
So now we have real pace ,height and experience up front.
🙂

the video i saw of him didnt look the best first touch or all that quick on the ball but kind of reminds me of berisha when he first came. has a trick or two and a lot of desire.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Lookout for a Rabona or two😀. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

crimsoncrusoe - 16 Jul 2021 5:00 PM
Lookout for a Rabona or two😀. 

But he hit the bloody bar :)

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe - 20 Jun 2021 4:13 PM
If DWH is going to WU,That suggests to me JA will be the new coach.He likes to bring in Aussie strikers.McClaren and Taggart for example.

Nailed it. :)

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class

MrBrisbane - 17 Jul 2021 10:35 AM
crimsoncrusoe - 20 Jun 2021 4:13 PM

Nailed it. :)

😀😀😀
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

New 21/22 kit released, New Balance.
https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/video/always-orange-brisbane-roar-x-new-balance

Edited
3 Years Ago by Keeper66
aok
aok
Pro

Keeper66 - 30 Jul 2021 1:24 PM

Doesn't look too bad.  You'd think the club will start making some announcements with regards to signings.  We're only 12 weeks away from a new season. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

aok - 30 Jul 2021 5:34 PM

Doesn't look too bad.  You'd think the club will start making some announcements with regards to signings.  We're only 12 weeks away from a new season. 

We are only 3 1/2 weeks off our FFA Cup match against Peninsula Power on 24 August too.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 30 Jul 2021 10:26 PM
aok - 30 Jul 2021 5:34 PM

We are only 3 1/2 weeks off our FFA Cup match against Peninsula Power on 24 August too.
When you now wear the colours, they'll have you believe you once were another club too RoarIMB my man,,,, hahahahah ...... bloody ethnics :)
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr2046/status/1420930921658605576

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Jul 2021 10:34 PM
Roar in me Blood - 30 Jul 2021 10:26 PM
When you now wear the colours, they'll have you believe you once were another club too RoarIMB my man,,,, hahahahah ...... bloody ethnics :)
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr2046/status/1420930921658605576

Interesting development. So how about we go the whole hog, admit we are actually Lions FC in disguise, play at Richlands, take advantage of an existing large sports club (where fans can actually gather before/after the game), stadium ideally located near a railway station, that could be developed to 12k, an existing junior development set up, and get on with becoming a powerhouse club.
Nah … that’s never work.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

clockwork orange - 31 Jul 2021 8:50 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Jul 2021 10:34 PM

Interesting development. So how about we go the whole hog, admit we are actually Lions FC in disguise, play at Richlands, take advantage of an existing large sports club (where fans can actually gather before/after the game), stadium ideally located near a railway station, that could be developed to 12k, an existing junior development set up, and get on with becoming a powerhouse club.
Nah … that’s never work.

That sounds bloody unreal to me but I'm surprised that the FFA  and your Indonesian owners don't  feel a bit squeamish about overly promoting your/their Dutch colonial past?  What with the slave trade and exploitation and what have you....  I guess its ok because.... well you all know why.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2021 10:26 PM
clockwork orange - 31 Jul 2021 8:50 AM

That sounds bloody unreal to me but I'm surprised that the FFA  and your Indonesian owners don't  feel a bit squeamish about overly promoting your/their Dutch colonial past?  What with the slave trade and exploitation and what have you....  I guess its ok because.... well you all know why.

Lol Con, no use trying to cherry pick examples when there’s clear difference between Lions who have embraced all communities as evidenced by their supporter base and selection of their board compared to SM Hellas who are Greek and only Greek.

In a resort somewhere

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

paulc - 1 Aug 2021 9:09 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2021 10:26 PM

Lol Con, no use trying to cherry pick examples when there’s clear difference between Lions who have embraced all communities as evidenced by their supporter base and selection of their board compared to SM Hellas who are Greek and only Greek.

Thanks for introducing Hellas to yet ANOTHER thread Paulie .... your a peach.
paulc
paulc
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Aug 2021 10:11 AM
paulc - 1 Aug 2021 9:09 AM

Thanks for introducing Hellas to yet ANOTHER thread Paulie .... your a peach.

YOU introduced the thread Con. 

In a resort somewhere

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

paulc - 2 Aug 2021 11:23 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Aug 2021 10:11 AM

YOU introduced the thread Con. 

YOU don't know how to read English Sally.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search