The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I actually think I’m in the minority when I say I’d like Steinmann to stay another season.

Clearly he is a decent player. He started pre season really well for us then from memory got injured and just never returned to the heights of pre season. 

Him and Chapman may actually work well in the middle together, with Jay playing slightly further forward with Riku. T

Then with Hore, Charlie, and Mileu, that’s actually a decent front part of the field. I tend to agree - I think we need another good signing in the back line, ideally a wide player and even another CB. 

Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)

@BRFC_92 if Steinmann can hold down a possie then it enables O'Shea to play further forward which sets the team up a lot better than it was last year. So, as you said, its worth persevering with him to see if he can reproduce the Phoenx form.
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

BRFC_92 - 10 Jul 2022 10:26 AM
I actually think I’m in the minority when I say I’d like Steinmann to stay another season.

Clearly he is a decent player. He started pre season really well for us then from memory got injured and just never returned to the heights of pre season. 

Him and Chapman may actually work well in the middle together, with Jay playing slightly further forward with Riku. T

Then with Hore, Charlie, and Mileu, that’s actually a decent front part of the field. I tend to agree - I think we need another good signing in the back line, ideally a wide player and even another CB. 

I don't think we need another CB unless we go back to 5 at the back and even then we still have cover. Aldred and Neville is a formidable partnership add Trewin and that's fantastic still with milarnic as cover. 

I was all for oshae playing further forward but the all-stars game actually changed my mind. He is a very good link transitioning the ball out of defence, I think he might be less influential if he stays forward as we might struggle too get him the ball. With danzaki now we have a forward playmaker anyway so oshae could be better in the DM link role
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

What are some good matchday pubs? Don't necessarily need to be around Suncorp. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

johnszasz - 10 Jul 2022 6:58 PM
What are some good matchday pubs? Don't necessarily need to be around Suncorp. 

In the absence of anyone else, the pubs along Caxton Street on the way down to Suncorp always seem to be thriving as I walk past on my way to the game.

Can't say anything about the atmosphere on the inside but they look to be having a good time.

A couple of them have footpath seating as well but they look full as I pass.

The Lord Alfred at the top of Caxton Street is/was the Roar's home pub at Suncorp but with the move to Dolphin at Redcliffe I have no idea what happens there now.

If you are thinking of going to a game at Redcliffe, there are plenty of drinking/eating places around Redcliffe itself.

Not much of a pub visitor myself so that's about all I can offer.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 12 Jul 2022 9:53 AM
johnszasz - 10 Jul 2022 6:58 PM

In the absence of anyone else, the pubs along Caxton Street on the way down to Suncorp always seem to be thriving as I walk past on my way to the game.

Can't say anything about the atmosphere on the inside but they look to be having a good time.

A couple of them have footpath seating as well but they look full as I pass.

The Lord Alfred at the top of Caxton Street is/was the Roar's home pub at Suncorp but with the move to Dolphin at Redcliffe I have no idea what happens there now.

If you are thinking of going to a game at Redcliffe, there are plenty of drinking/eating places around Redcliffe itself.

Not much of a pub visitor myself so that's about all I can offer.

Good tips. Thanks. 
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

Steinmann, is with the squad in townsville so it looks like he will be with us this season, Corey isnt with the squad, again hopefully it is just a late start to preseason for him to give extra recovery time from injury. Austin is there so i hope we see some minutes from him. 
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

sirhcdobo - 18 Jul 2022 2:48 PM

Steinmann, is with the squad in townsville so it looks like he will be with us this season, Corey isnt with the squad, again hopefully it is just a late start to preseason for him to give extra recovery time from injury. Austin is there so i hope we see some minutes from him. 

Good to know, thanks for that.

Really can’t wait to see Austin. If he keeps fit he should score 15+ easily.
invicta
invicta
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

Could Corey Brown be off to Western United ? Victory? Western United lost garrucio in the off season to Scotland. He knows Aloisi and fellow ex-roar players.

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur

invicta - 20 Jul 2022 12:18 PM

Could Corey Brown be off to Western United ? Victory? Western United lost garrucio in the off season to Scotland. He knows Aloisi and fellow ex-roar players.

It's possible, he was in Melbourne a week or so ago which was when western started back at pre-season, but was with hingert at the leeds game on the weekend. transfermarkt says that his contract with the roar ended in June, so he could be shopping himself around.
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur

Roar in me Blood - 12 Jul 2022 9:53 AM
I almost enjoyed the Heidelberg v Roar game.
Heidelberg showed they are a club with quality both on and off the pitch. Their attacking movements were skilful and well executed, and caused us considerable difficulty. Defensively they were effective all over the pitch - but noting that Roar under that defensive pressure contributed a great deal to Heidelberg's effectiveness.
I am seeing a disturbing trend in our slowing the play down on restarts, back passing, and inability to find a teammate throughout the team. I do not want to think that it is Moon's adopted practice to continually pass backwards until we get caught in a hideous position and lose the ball one way or another. The fact that Moon was getting so frustrated with players passing backwards gives me hope that it is just pre-season wrinkles and players afraid to go forward until they develop some trust in each other.
Danzaki got pulled because his touch and passing were off, and by the looks of it he was ignoring Moon's calls to play higher. He will improve without doubt as he learns how we are playing now compared to what we did last time with him.
If Austin retains his drive and desire through whatever period it takes for the rest of the team to learn how to pass or receive a through ball then he is going to help us to become really dangerous in the front third. If the lack of composure and quality that comes so often into our passing game pisses him off enough early on we could lose him mentally I fear. His touch and vision are a joy to watch and like a lot of really good players he can make seconds of free time when under pressure and surrounded. Love seeing that in players. Also loved seeing him sucking in the deep breaths - he is a fantastic signing for us as both a skilful player and a guide to all those lesser and up-and-coming forwards we have and it can only get better as he gets fitter and his influence reaps rewards.
Not loving Trewin as a 6. His strength is defending and I have yet to consider him a particularly useful link moving forwards - much more as a last ditch, well timed intervenor and interceptor of play coming in than holding down such a critical role bringing the ball out under pressure - especially when we are playing backwards so much and creating a lot of that pressure.
Beautiful strike by Mileusnic. Some very nice bits to our play by a number of contributors - and no doubt much more to come. Hingert had a very good game (I thought - no doubt I am wrong about that again Tongue ).
That was the sort of role that Daley is built for - getting in and stuffing up the opposition attacks.
Chapman looked to be responsible for some very silly decision making that put us under pressure a few times when it was not necessary. A bit of a worry for me when I am counting on our defensive group to be rock solid and instead we are unable to stop good solo runs or cover the passing options other than as a desperation tackle.
As long as we saw pre-season flaws, and not a style of play that we intend running with, I found the positives for us in a game against a very effective and capable opponent, were another good step towards this coming season.
Well done Heidelberg. Glad we got the win and showed some really good moments.
Mono - if you were there in that shirt I could not see you. Was that you running up and down the sideline perhaps? Mad bugger - if it wasn't you he shares your passion for club!

Ill reply to RIMB's australia cup thread post in here because it is more of a roar discussion. 

I am ok with the slower play the ball out, keeping possession and backwards passing. I much rather that than the lump it forward and hope style of play that we have seen quite a bit off last season (though i seem to be in the minority there, we were quite good at it under Fowler but people were still crying out to lump it forward). I will agree that it did not work at times last night but i think that was more due to players being not quite up to speed with where they need to be with the off the ball movement yet. I think with more time together we will see a more methodical approach to keeping possession and moving the ball up the pitch and Chaz has already shown that even if we create less overall "chances" up front the chances we will create will be higher percentage and more likely to be scored (his header for the second was sublime as was his touch for the first)

You picked up Chapman as being caught out but i think a lot of that stemmed a cascade of Neville being out of position causing aldred to try and cover which brought chapman out of position. prime example was the penalty, Chapman should never have been isolated on that side like that. Neville had a shocker and really showed he is not suited to the wide defender role. 

I thought trewin was anonymous last night but i thought he played the DM role extremely well against Leeds and Villa. maybe it was an off night last night or maybe due to the way the burgers played it made his role less visible. either way i think there is promise to him as a DM and definitely wont mind if he is given a longer run there. I thought Oshae was also uncharacteristically quiet last night as well so maybe just credit to Heidelberg's midfield they worked well. 

I agree that hingert played well, didn't do too much wrong and a very nice cross for the second goal. 
Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)

I am wondering if Neville has the legs to do the wing back role. When he's a central defender he has the occassional forays into the midfield, which doesn't upset the role he has. As a wide defender he does more miles. At 32/33 he's not young and he may get out of position more regularly. 

Maybe trying to fit Hingert into a LB is weakening RB too much and upsetting the balance of the defensive structure of the team. Maybe we should just concentrate on getting a proper LB, and use Neville as the backup CB.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I do not want to see Neville in the WB role. I think he is a good CB and belongs there - with the better of him and Trewin alongside Aldred and the other as our backup.

Hingert/Zabala is our RB and I don't think we should be messing with that either to cover LB. I agree with Hillbilly that we are better off targetting a proper LB.

Sirhcdobo - my problem with the slower play out is not that in itself - it is how it becomes our only option too much. Control of the ball, play and tempo is something I am totally comfortable with and I was for the Fowler style. The hideously slow restarts by Freke I find negative and annoying - like we are playing for a draw from the start of the game. We need to be creating the options we did before we had a good finisher - and 'just' adding the finisher onto the end of that. Our play lately has been heavily defensive and backwards without the frequent positive thrusts. I think we have lost the balance between the two aspects for whatever reason.

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur

Roar in me Blood - 28 Jul 2022 11:59 AM
I do not want to see Neville in the WB role. I think he is a good CB and belongs there - with the better of him and Trewin alongside Aldred and the other as our backup.

Hingert/Zabala is our RB and I don't think we should be messing with that either to cover LB. I agree with Hillbilly that we are better off targetting a proper LB.

Sirhcdobo - my problem with the slower play out is not that in itself - it is how it becomes our only option too much. Control of the ball, play and tempo is something I am totally comfortable with and I was for the Fowler style. The hideously slow restarts by Freke I find negative and annoying - like we are playing for a draw from the start of the game. We need to be creating the options we did before we had a good finisher - and 'just' adding the finisher onto the end of that. Our play lately has been heavily defensive and backwards without the frequent positive thrusts. I think we have lost the balance between the two aspects for whatever reason.

definitely last night the balance was off, but i dont think it was a systemic problem, i think it was a team early in preseason that has been focusing on not being completely out played by EPL opponents. i think we have just not quite worked out the off the ball movements, particularly through the midfield and that will come as we run into the season. I actually think the slowing the play down and backwards passing is a good sign of how we will improve this season.

Its a bit backwards of a thought so stay with me but i dont think we need to be creating the same 'chances' we did last season, in fact  i think we should be aiming to be having quite a bit less Shots. In the last 7 competitive games we played last season we scored 8 goals from 27 shots on target from 107 total shots. That's a poor return of 29% goals to shot on target, and 25% SOT from total shots. For comparison the top 4 EPL teams score at a rate of 35-40% goals to SOT and 33-38% SOT per total shots. If we converted at the higher end of the epl percentages we would have only needed 57 shots to score those 8 goals. roughly half the amount of attacking plays that we actually took. 

simply last season we were creating lots of shots but we were not turning that into pressure of testing the keeper and definitely not turning it into goals. You can look at that and say oh our finishing was not up to scratch (which was definitely true in a lot of cases) or you can look at it and say the type of chances we were creating were low percentage chances (which i think was also a large contributor). We have hopefully improved the finishing side of this by bringing in Chaz and the slower build up will hopefully improve the return of shots on target per shot (the idea being not to try and rush to get a half chance but to work it around to get a good chance on goal). This  should also mean fewer attacks the opposition can make, as we should be holding the ball more and putting them under more pressure. 

Now dont get me wrong it would be great for us to make the same amount of chances we did last season and improve our returns but i actually think that a roughly 75% reduction of shots would see us score more and importantly win more. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

sirhcdobo - 28 Jul 2022 3:48 PM
Roar in me Blood - 28 Jul 2022 11:59 AM

definitely last night the balance was off, but i dont think it was a systemic problem, i think it was a team early in preseason that has been focusing on not being completely out played by EPL opponents. i think we have just not quite worked out the off the ball movements, particularly through the midfield and that will come as we run into the season. I actually think the slowing the play down and backwards passing is a good sign of how we will improve this season.

Its a bit backwards of a thought so stay with me but i dont think we need to be creating the same 'chances' we did last season, in fact  i think we should be aiming to be having quite a bit less Shots. In the last 7 competitive games we played last season we scored 8 goals from 27 shots on target from 107 total shots. That's a poor return of 29% goals to shot on target, and 25% SOT from total shots. For comparison the top 4 EPL teams score at a rate of 35-40% goals to SOT and 33-38% SOT per total shots. If we converted at the higher end of the epl percentages we would have only needed 57 shots to score those 8 goals. roughly half the amount of attacking plays that we actually took. 

simply last season we were creating lots of shots but we were not turning that into pressure of testing the keeper and definitely not turning it into goals. You can look at that and say oh our finishing was not up to scratch (which was definitely true in a lot of cases) or you can look at it and say the type of chances we were creating were low percentage chances (which i think was also a large contributor). We have hopefully improved the finishing side of this by bringing in Chaz and the slower build up will hopefully improve the return of shots on target per shot (the idea being not to try and rush to get a half chance but to work it around to get a good chance on goal). This  should also mean fewer attacks the opposition can make, as we should be holding the ball more and putting them under more pressure. 

Now dont get me wrong it would be great for us to make the same amount of chances we did last season and improve our returns but i actually think that a roughly 75% reduction of shots would see us score more and importantly win more. 

Makes sense. I had not considered the epl bunker factor being the focus through training and therefore something that subsequently has to be unlearned/redirected.

I never count those random shots in the general direction of goals when I think 'a good finisher would have buried that'. It is the quality chances that any one of a number of our forwards failed to even convert into pressure on the keeper that have had me wishing for a clinical finisher.

Watching us with the ball against Heidelberg, we looked to be battling to retain possession when it seemed easier to hold it than to give it up. I would not be concerned about us passing backwards to create a solid start to our next movement forward, but every team watching us play lately knows that if they sustain high pressure we are likely to cough it up in our defensive third or simply bomb it long. Our decision making when we are trying to slow it down can be outright horrendous from an invested supporter's perspective.

I will happily throw my eggs in the 'early preseason' basket and watch them improve week after week. We certainly have more potential to develop this season especially in more sophisticated combination play.

As a sidenote - I too thought O'Shea was unusually quiet against Heidelberg - but felt he was still being played quite deep more often than not.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

So what's Corey Brown done to get flicked from your club?
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

soccerfoo - 18 Aug 2022 8:41 PM
So what's Corey Brown done to get flicked from your club?

I have heard nothing at all about him and keep expecting him to take up a position on the bench before resuming full duties.

It has been odd hearing nothing for so long, even for a club renowned for its quiet tendencies like ours is.

Is he gone?

Anyone know anything more?

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 18 Aug 2022 9:28 PM
soccerfoo - 18 Aug 2022 8:41 PM

I have heard nothing at all about him and keep expecting him to take up a position on the bench before resuming full duties.

It has been odd hearing nothing for so long, even for a club renowned for its quiet tendencies like ours is.

Is he gone?

Anyone know anything more?

Club announced his departure tonight and the statement was incredible brief and blunt.

He can’t have left the club on good terms
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Hang on, I just saw this from the PFA

Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) wishes to clarify the misleading and bizarre statement issued by Brisbane Roar in relation to its member Corey Brown. 

“As the club is aware, Corey has initiated judicial proceedings to dispute Brisbane Roar’s termination of his contract,” PFA Co-Chief Executive Beau Busch said.

“As a consequence of this legal action, Corey’s contract remains on foot until a final determination is made. This is something the club, deliberately or otherwise, is failing to understand.

“As the club continues to operate well below the expected standards of a professional football club, the PFA’s primary focus remains on protecting Corey’s wellbeing – something the club seems to have little regard for.” 

https://pfa.net.au/statement/pfa-statement-10/

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

PFA can get stuffed very unprofessional response 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 18 Aug 2022 10:18 PM

Calm down mate, they are just looking after the interest of the player. Who knows if Brisbane has infact operated well below the standard of a football club or not? Let's wait for the well respected football journalists in this country like Vince Rugari and Frank Brunoskevic to uncover the truth and name and shame the corruption going on behind the scenes............ May have to tell them that Brisbane is an "effnik" club though otherwise they won't bother writing about it.

sub007
sub007
World Class

I’d say that the Brisbane statement was unprofessional and the PFA’s job is to support the players. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

My guess is the club wanted to get rid of him for a while.  He's finally done something that they think is justification for contact termination. He thinks it's not.
He won't play for us again regardless of the outcome, so it will just be whether the club has to give him some kind of payout.

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur

Mello-D - 19 Aug 2022 7:38 AM
My guess is the club wanted to get rid of him for a while.  He's finally done something that they think is justification for contact termination. He thinks it's not.
He won't play for us again regardless of the outcome, so it will just be whether the club has to give him some kind of payout.

Yeah. its speculation but i think what has happened is that Corey has triggered an extension to his contract (transfermkt had his deal ending at the end of last season) probably at  the same or higher pay (which would be tough to justify given how much of last season he missed through injury). The club probably were not happy about it and have tried to offload him via a mutual (which would be why he was down in Melbourne at the beginning of pre-season) but no other club has been willing to stump up the cash that Corey wants so he has had no offers. 

the club has tried to freeze him out which is why he hasnt been involved in our pre-season at all and has finally thought that he has done something the club can cancel his contract for but Corey is disputing it. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Seriously?
Are you sure that's who you should be mad at after reading that?
I had the exact opposite reaction
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

I worry, as so often is the case in football matters, that we will never actually hear the full story in any form, from anyone.

Personally it is a shame that Corey is going/gone. While it is professional sport and all that, he was 'Roar' through and through to me and I have enjoyed playing alongside him from the stands.

I find the PFA's comments to be the more disturbing. The club limited its comments to an unfeeling short statement about Corey. The PFA labelled the club, by inference in relation to all players, as unprofessional and continuing to operate below standard. They should have kept their comments specific to Corey's case and not used such broad brushed statements.

It is just the union v management style of discourse we see all through life and the media though so nothing particularly offensive from either side to me.

Clearly bad blood in this, like many parties/disputes before.

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Unrelated to Brown, but looks like Wanderers beat us 2 - 0 in a pre-season match. No details about squad, when it was etc, so probably can't get too much insight from the result.

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Mello-D - 19 Aug 2022 11:14 AM
Unrelated to Brown, but looks like Wanderers beat us 2 - 0 in a pre-season match. No details about squad, when it was etc, so probably can't get too much insight from the result.

It happened before the Australia Cup match on the Gold Coast.
It leaked last week and was behind closed doors at Roar's request
Stenson
Stenson
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)

There seems to be a serious misconduct issue at hand with regard to Corey and the Roar.
It is not out of the question that Corey is infact a Bonehead.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Stenson
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

I am not on Facebook, but someone alerted me to this on the Peninsula Power page:

"The Brisbane Roar host Melbourne Victory on our turf next Sunday in a massive Pre-Season clash!📅 Sunday September 4th
🕐 3:00PM
📍 AJ Kelly Park
🎟️ $5 Adults, Kids get in free"

I know nothing more than that.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search