The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
soccerfoo - 25 Apr 2023 2:24 PM
Ballymore Roar fc are looking at Marco Kurz (Not Marco Rudan!!) BTW, is Robbie Kruse "fit" to contribute in the last round?

Not sure Kurz is the answer, but gee I’ll go with him any day of the week over those others that are mentioned,, possibly with the exception of Rado.
as for Kruse fitness….short answer would be ….no and goodbye.
PGR
PGR
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

Jimo8 - 25 Apr 2023 2:14 PM
If they even consider Ross Aloisi, they are mental.
If he comes here I’m done
Sooner we get second division with the threat of relegation the better, finally might wake this management up, but maybe it won’t . 

Or a second Brisbane A-League competing club.

P&R probably won't happen in our generation.

The ultimate would be a change in ownership.
Edited
Last Year by PGR
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Kur Kur has joined your youth team.

He was the best player in the NPL SA last season and scored 11 goals in 15 games from the wing. He ended up signing for a club in Serbia but didn’t make a first team appearance there. He has also been called up by the South Sudan national team in the past.
invicta
invicta
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

Jimo8 - 25 Apr 2023 3:26 PM
soccerfoo - 25 Apr 2023 2:24 PM

Not sure Kurz is the answer, but gee I’ll go with him any day of the week over those others that are mentioned,, possibly with the exception of Rado.
as for Kruse fitness….short answer would be ….no and goodbye.

I prefer Ross to Marco Kurz. 
At least Ross knows what he is dealing with at the Brisbane Roar. 
Hard to know what style he will play. At least we ll do alright on sideline shenanigans. 

PGR
PGR
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

invicta - 2 May 2023 8:45 PM
Jimo8 - 25 Apr 2023 3:26 PM

I prefer Ross to Marco Kurz. 
At least Ross knows what he is dealing with at the Brisbane Roar. 
Hard to know what style he will play. At least we ll do alright on sideline shenanigans. 

Style?

Image result for Football Team Fight

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

The Aloisi appointment is an interesting one. I am reserving judgement for now. Obviously he may not have changed and may still be a hot-head, but if the club came out and said they had recruited an assistance from a club that won the J-League last season, I imagine everyone would be reasonably optimistic.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Mello-D - 4 May 2023 3:59 PM
The Aloisi appointment is an interesting one. I am reserving judgement for now. Obviously he may not have changed and may still be a hot-head, but if the club came out and said they had recruited an assistance from a club that won the J-League last season, I imagine everyone would be reasonably optimistic.

One thing it does highlight is that the Roar have a fairly low budget for the managers position. All of those names would have been have been fairly cheap options. Kurz probably would have asked for more which is probably why they went with RA.
Anyway, it's great to see another Aussie coach get an opportunity. He is in a good position to do well. Plenty of players off contract meaning he can make some significant changes to the squad. He also has a full off-season to get things moving. Australia Cup right around the corner too.
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Ross Aloisi….!!?? For gods sake!!!!
Be better off with Moon or Green, anyone but RA. 
Just another wasted season ahead of us,
Some will try to find something positive in this appointment, but I can’t. 
Ive now lost interest in the Roar, no membership for me. 

PGR
PGR
Amateur

Jimo8 - 11 May 2023 10:38 PM
Ross Aloisi….!!?? For gods sake!!!!
Be better off with Moon or Green, anyone but RA. 
Just another wasted season ahead of us,
Some will try to find something positive in this appointment, but I can’t. 
Ive now lost interest in the Roar, no membership for me. 

The only positive news I now look for is if there's 1. a new owner or 2. a new AL club in Brisbane
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

PGR - 12 May 2023 5:51 PM
Jimo8 - 11 May 2023 10:38 PM

The only positive news I now look for is if there's 1. a new owner or 2. a new AL club in Brisbane

100% agree mate.  How are we to keep players like O’Shea, Aldred, with RA at the helm.
its just so sad. 

charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Plenty reacted to Ange the same way I say keep an open mind.

Sad way to for Kruse to end a career that had some stellar moments but, as with Kewell, was crucified by injury. I remember being at Suncorp when he scored on debut and in that first spell with the club he was worth the admission price alone - he and Zullo, who was always a faster, better winger than Oar

Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)

Was excited by Robbie Kruse at the 2018 World Cup. One of the few Aussies to get the crowd going.  As Charlied said, injuries cruelled a career that had too many downs for a player of Robbie's class. That he was one of the most fouled players when he was at his best says it all. All the best!
PGR
PGR
Amateur

charlied - 13 May 2023 12:19 AM
Plenty reacted to Ange the same way I say keep an open mind.

Sad way to for Kruse to end a career that had some stellar moments but, as with Kewell, was crucified by injury. I remember being at Suncorp when he scored on debut and in that first spell with the club he was worth the admission price alone - he and Zullo, who was always a faster, better winger than Oar

I remember when they first came on the pitch, Kruse and Zullo were thrilling to watch given their age and potential. No doubt about that.

People reacted indifferent to Ange because he was an unknwon to the A-League. There were sceptics initially for sure. However Ross Aloisi is a known quantity with a bleak past in the A-League. It's very hard to build up any enthusiasm about him. I just get visions of boxing gloves, don't know why! :D

Edited
Last Year by PGR
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Im more excited about Parsons return than Aloisi as coach. 
I’m concerned Aloisi won’t be able to attract any marquee type player.
Roar have been hugely underwhelming attraction anyone exciting in the last few years.
Fowler was the last one that had any success with that, ie, Oshay, Aldred, Gillesphy.

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Doesn’t seem too many interested in this thread anymore….or is it just not interested in Brisbane Roar anymore?

Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)Amateur (546 reputation)

Jimo8 - 13 Jul 2023 11:04 AM
Doesn’t seem too many interested in this thread anymore….or is it just not interested in Brisbane Roar anymore?

Underwhelming coach appointment. No player announcements, other than Parsons return. Fong gone (maybe a good thing, who knows?).

What is to get excited about in Brisbane Roar? 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Hillbilly55 - 13 Jul 2023 12:22 PM

Underwhelming coach appointment. No player announcements, other than Parsons return. Fong gone (maybe a good thing, who knows?).

What is to get excited about in Brisbane Roar? 

You're supposed to sort the club through thick and thin

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 13 Jul 2023 1:26 PM

says who?
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

tsf - 13 Jul 2023 1:55 PM

says who?

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

This doesn't really equate to posting in a thread on an online forum though. If there isn't anything good to talk about, people aren't going to be interested in posting about it online.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Well how is promotion and relegation going to work then? If we get relegated nobody is going to follow the club. Anyways I hope rose can sort these selves out because they are a great club no hard feelings 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 13 Jul 2023 2:47 PM
Well how is relegation going to work then? 

Everyone starts the year in the Relegation battle

Some manage to escape it earlier than others

It's either 'We've got a fight on here' or 'It could've been us'

That's what builds 'investment' in the team 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

Melbcityguy - 13 Jul 2023 2:47 PM
Well how is promotion going to work then? 

Everyone starts the year with the dream of Promotion

For some the dream dies earlier than others

It's either 'We've got a chance here' or 'It could've been us'

and for some the dream is to survive at a level above.

"How long can we prove them wrong "

That's what builds 'investment' in the team 

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

its been hard on a lot of supporters, the move away from brisbane, a general disinterest from the owners, no actual football journalists in the city and a culture of insulation from Fong due to copping a lot of criticism from supporters. Fong only talked to a select few supporters and ran a "tight" ship in terms of letting information out of the club, with no local jurnos to chase stories very little buzz could be generated so not much for us supporters to talk about. Add to that loosing some of the bigger contributors to the forum (like Waz) who actually had regular contact with the goings on in the club has meant that discussion has fallen off. hopefully we will see a regeneration under new management. 

There are some good things going on at the club. We should be in our new training base by the end of the year. new cash input has been promised to the new leadership, a return to Suncorp, a settled squad with some very good younger players that should be hitting their stride (trewin, smith, gomulka, zabala should all get lots of minutes and i think are all highly underrated players), space for 3 foreigners to come in (hopefully we can get some true quality here to round out the squad)

Although Ross wouldn't have been my first choice, there is no doubt that he has a passion for the game, and that is something that players generally get around. He was a leader in his playing time and from what I have seen and heard over his time he definitely has a football brain. Ill get around him and think he could do well. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

As an Adelaide fan, Ross contributed to a lot to our club as an assistant and while many Adelaide fans are sad that he left the club, we know that he deserves a chance at being a head coach.
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Well we can only hope some of you guys thoughts on RA  prove to pan out.
Qld needs a good competitive team for the benefit of the competition overall.
CCM winning the GF was good for the competition too, they wanted it more than MCity.
CCM were playing and giving everything for the region, not sure MCity had that desire on the day. 

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

For anyone interested, Kaz and Zac have been doing weekly live videos on Instagram to answer some questions from fans and provide some updates. Seem to be committed to doing it once a week. You can watch the replays on their Instagram page.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Fire up ya 
Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur

Great result, and very pleased to see the young guys performing. Fantastic goal by Waddingham.

Also great to see berneger on the pitch and the nice little flick prior to the fourth goal. 

Seems to be a good blend of youth and experience.

R Aloisi has pleasantly surprised to date.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Well that was a game worth watching for any jaded Roar supporter I would say.

Wanderers, in their previous Cup game, were so slick, fast, accurate and deadly that I had them pegged as the team to beat to win the Cup this year. And we matched them and took the game.

Our passing play under Ross is positive and focussed and it is so nice to see us passing through pressure time and again with some real drive on the end of it when we win through the press and build for our attack.

Caletti and Zabala both did really well - but they weren't alone in that. They were both utterly stuffed by half time and deserved to be in a side that shouted out quality play, commitment and direction. Mileusnic ran like a greyhound in both directions, covering our left back when Perias flew down the wing against us and then giving it all going forwards. Ross has clearly instilled something in the team already with effort reaping rewards all over the park.

Waddingham is showing an excellent ability to use his body to both win the ball and protect the ball - against some very strong and experienced players. Really quite impressive as a player, let alone a young one.

Aldred and Longbottom are such good defenders and Hingert had another good game. Our defensive group are working so well together. I do not like to see O'Shea playing defensive mid with his creativity stifled when he plays too far back - but tonight he was still able to work into the attack. I would love to see Hore learning to retain the ball like O'Shea does. It is the one facet of Henry's play that limits his effectiveness above any other factor.

To be still short our visa striker and able to mount the pressure we did - and score 4 past a team becoming known for its defensive resilience - screams more than the simple prospect of a promising season ahead. We are a proper team again playing proper football and doing it well.

We are taking on teams through the middle and passing wide when we choose to as well as mixing up long balls with our normal wide attack. Instead of constantly passing round and back ineffectually. When our attacking drive meets opposition now we are passing inside to waiting players and completing triangles to maintain that forward drive. No longer enough to just get ahead of our wingers and have the ball turned back.

Wanderers were no pushover and we had difficult times keeping them at bay. Their fleetness of foot and ability to find a fast player at full tilt are such a dangerous aspect of their play and some brilliantly timed tackles and interceptions broke up really dangerous attacks all game. Desperation was a factor at times in keeping them to only 2 goals, but you can see the team playing much smarter when under pressure. Not smart enough to stop Wanderers finding a loose player in a deadly position regularly, but that is the game - stopping what you can and riding the swings of fortune throughout.

Going forwards, our composure playing through the press was brilliant. Compared to the number of times we used to get boxed in and lose the ball in our own back third we are so much a better side coming into this season.

Roll on the semi finals and come on Season 23/24. I am calling us top 6 material and quality this season and true contenders for the Cup.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search