The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Nothing has changed…sinking to the bottom…..again!!
And now we lose O’Shea our best player in yet another loss….
So so so disappointing.
For a brief period there was high hopes earlier in the season but it’s long gone now. 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Jimo8 - 23 Jan 2024 9:26 PM
Nothing has changed…sinking to the bottom…..again!!
And now we lose O’Shea our best player in yet another loss….
So so so disappointing.
For a brief period there was high hopes earlier in the season but it’s long gone now. 

I think we ran too hard from the start of the season and that caused our injuries. We ran ourselves into the ground with high pressing and high intensity which would have continued to work if we had the legs and bodies for it.

From what I have seen so far, Ben Cahn is not looking for the same intensity and is going to work instead on smarter positional play and structure. My ignorance of technical structure and strategy (who goes where and when) blinds me to anything he has specifically implemented so far. We do not seem to be playing better yet so I call it a work in progress and will continue to look for the bits I like about what we do until the overall results come.

The style of play certainly improved when Hore and Majok came on - but that just makes us one injury away from dropping again until the team plays better together in both directions.

If we start with Neville, Hore and Burke-Gilroy against mariners I think we will look better than we have been and that will be enough for me to see progress at this moment. Just some better bits to latch onto please...

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Yes I think Hore and Neville helps. You look at the team and it’s not bad really…just leaking too many goals…and it’s not to blame the defence on that so much, it comes down to the defensive midfield area as well.
Im no expert but I’ve done a lot of coaching and always looked at that area as integral at disrupting play before they become a chance in target.
We do need a Taggart like player to lead the line I believe.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Jimo8 - 24 Jan 2024 4:36 PM
Yes I think Hore and Neville helps. You look at the team and it’s not bad really…just leaking too many goals…and it’s not to blame the defence on that so much, it comes down to the defensive midfield area as well.
Im no expert but I’ve done a lot of coaching and always looked at that area as integral at disrupting play before they become a chance in target.
We do need a Taggart like player to lead the line I believe.

Neville is very underrated and has been through this career. It’s impossible to tell if we need a Taggart-like player until we understand what style the coach wants to deploy. But we definitely need an experienced striker - it’s like we’ve just gone “oh, striker is not important, we’ll make do with youth players, and Parsons can fill in even though he’s never played there.” It’s a mystery to me how our Plan A includes a striker like Waddingham (who I don’t rate at all) and then when he’s off we have no other striker who plays remotely like him. 
“It’s not bad really”? No, actually it is really bad. It’s difficult to see which of our team would start for any other team (O’Shea, Berenguer and Neville maybe?). Not a single player in our squad looks promising enough to play for the National Team. We’ve had teams in the past where just about everyone was an international or was going to be. Geez, we used to have a production line of talent who had to force their way into the side:  Williams, Oar, Kruse, Zullo, Yeboah, Borello. The young players in this side are nowhere near that standard yet play regularly.
It’s so bloody depressing and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m starting to think it’s not even a tunnel - we’ve stalled in a cave and don’t have a reverse gear. 

Edited
3 Months Ago by clockwork orange
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)

clockwork orange - 24 Jan 2024 5:58 PM
Jimo8 - 24 Jan 2024 4:36 PM

Neville is very underrated and has been through this career. It’s impossible to tell if we need a Taggart-like player until we understand what style the coach wants to deploy. But we definitely need an experienced striker - it’s like we’ve just gone “oh, striker is not important, we’ll make do with youth players, and Parsons can fill in even though he’s never played there.” It’s a mystery to me how our Plan A includes a striker like Waddingham (who I don’t rate at all) and then when he’s off we have no other striker who plays remotely like him. 
“It’s not bad really”? No, actually it is really bad. It’s difficult to see which of our team would start for any other team (O’Shea, Berenguer and Neville maybe?). Not a single player in our squad looks promising enough to play for the National Team. We’ve had teams in the past where just about everyone was an international or was going to be. Geez, we used to have a production line of talent who had to force their way into the side:  Williams, Oar, Kruse, Zullo, Yeboah, Borello. The young players in this side are nowhere near that standard yet play regularly.
It’s so bloody depressing and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m starting to think it’s not even a tunnel - we’ve stalled in a cave and don’t have a reverse gear. 

As a Mariners fan I can sympathise with the Roar's plight.Our club had many dark years before Stajcic and Montgomery took over the coaching reins.
I think you have the right coach(Ben Cahn is well respected  by Mariners fans ) but he needs time to implement his strategies and tactics and obviously needs the squad to go along with him.It surprises me that the production line has petered out when there is a whole state to draw on.

Cahn works well with young players and Hore,Trewin,Waddingham ,etc should benefit.As for a striker maybe the Roar should look at Latin America( Brazil,Colombia,Costa Rica,etc) for young u23 strikers who are not getting chances at their clubs but could come on loan transfers to see how they adapted.Portugal is also a good league to look at for promising strikers.

However this Saturday coming you will be the enemy but apart from that game I hope your season can pick up.

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Well put Booney. Thanks.
yes we need the points more than you but gotta say I like watching Mariners play.
You guys got some class acts and they new lease of life for Nisbet has been impressive.
What a champion player!!!

i was so happy with GF win last year for you guys and all the stars at MC couldn’t deal with it.
And you guys continue on without Cummings, but he played for the shirt while he there.!

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Clockwork —today will be the test…is the ´squad really not that bad ´ or is it ´terrible.´

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Is Rojas injured? Anyone know?

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Jimo8 - 14 Apr 2024 12:16 AM
Is Rojas injured? Anyone know?

They said he had done a hammy in the chatter before the game.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search