The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

Author
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Classic batfink, classic gibber.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar_Brisbane
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

batfink v everyone :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:
442's a much more entertaining place when Batfink's off his meds.

once again you all avoid the fact that I didn't say anything wrong in my original post regarding Vietnam....when you want to talk facts and reality sure no worries....until then you can all go fuck yourselves....;) ;) ;) ;)
Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Not sure if you guys have seen the Ed Husic backlash..

Australian Muslim frontbencher suffers online abuse after Koran oath wrote:

Australia’s first Muslim frontbencher, Ed Husic, has been subjected to “extreme” abuse after he chose to swore his oath of office on the Koran.

Mr Husic, a parliamentary secretary, suffered torrents of anti-Islamic attacks on social media but said he “will not jump because of harsh words in dark corners”. On his Facebook page, a series of congratulatory messages was rebuked by critics who said they were “disappointed” and feared he had abandoned the constitution in favour of Sharia law.
“Shame, Shame, Shame," wrote Ross Peace. "I am so disappointed in this government that they don't have the spine to stand up for the Australian way of life."
Another user, Steve Kerr, wrote: “You are the shame of our great nation. Australian politics has gone to the dogs, and committing the treasonous act of swearing in on the quran, you are the biggest mutt in the yard!”
Mr Husic, 43, the child of Bosnian Muslim migrants, said it was “right” for people to express their concerns but defended his decision to use the Koran for his oath.

Some disgraceful comments coming through social media. Absolutely appalling.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Vaughn2111
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

433 wrote:
This thread :lol:

Edited by 433: 2/7/2013 09:23:15 PM

Love Football

Edited
8 Years Ago by LFC.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:

Much more faith destroying :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Sophie Mirabella got owned on qanda last night, btw
Edited
8 Years Ago by notorganic
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Edited
8 Years Ago by jlm8695
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Vietnam has made Batfink angrier than usual.

not at all.....I am fine.....he started the attack and had no reason....have a look at my post where and how did I offend Asians or Vietnamese or anyone in my original post????

Suggesting that Australians could learn something from menial workers earning a pittance in miserable working conditions is pretty insulting.

jumping to conclusion much.....that's your take on my comment....

I admire the Vietnamese work ethic, love the way they are connected to mother earth and how everything they do in their garden/farm has a purpose and a reason.....inspirational...
everything in its place neat and organised....simplicity is perfection, we have much to learn..

.......THATS WHAT I MEANT........

BUT HEY TWIST IT HOW YOU LIKE....

I love how you jumped to conclusions and accused MvFCArsenal of being a dole-bludging moron, making assumptions about a person you know very little about and then get all high and mighty and accuse ME of making assumptions. You're hilarious. You really are. Man I can't wait until baby boomers die.

well I decided to sling some senseless shit back at the tard in the same fashion he delivered his rant.....he can dish it but cant take it....

geez I cant wait for you generation to learn some common sense.....then die
Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
batfink
batfink
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
So I'm a turd,a cunt,a bludger, if you want to insult me come back with something better

just answer the question stupid.....where in my original post did I insult you????
Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

batfink wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
notorganic wrote:

not at all.....I am fine.....he started the attack and had no reason....have a look at my post where and how did I offend Asians or Vietnamese or anyone in my original post????

Suggesting that Australians could learn something from menial workers earning a pittance in miserable working conditions is pretty insulting.

I admire the Vietnamese work ethic, love the way they are connected to mother earth and how everything they do in their garden/farm has a purpose and a reason.....inspirational...
everything in its place neat and organised....simplicity is perfection, we have much to learn..

I love how you jumped to conclusions and accused MvFCArsenal of being a dole-bludging moron, making assumptions about a person you know very little about and then get all high and mighty and accuse ME of making assumptions. You're hilarious. You really are. Man I can't wait until baby boomers die.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

This thread :lol:

Edited by 433: 2/7/2013 09:23:15 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by 433
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

So I'm a turd,a cunt,a bludger, if you want to insult me come back with something better
Edited
8 Years Ago by MvFCArsenal16.8
batfink
batfink
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

batfink wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

notorganic wrote:

Just don't mention Thailand.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
batfink
batfink
Legend

notorganic wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Edited
8 Years Ago by notorganic
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I think batfink has just christened himself king of assholedom.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
batfink
batfink
Legend

Joffa wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Also Lukerobinho I don't know od your trolling or just a fucktard. You're the typical Andrew bolt follower who believe the shit people spew. We are a free country and we have freedom of religion you racist prick

He didn't say anything Racist. Besides, Islam isn't a race :roll:

don't worry 433 he isn't that bright....typical leftie dysfunctional bludger on the take

Edited by batfink: 2/7/2013 08:22:03 PM

Wut? :-S MvFCArsenal16.8 works his arse off you twat.

fight your own battles vagina

What kind of shit insult was that? 8 years old's can do better.

Besides, if I'm "a vagina" that means I've got a depth and warmth you'll never possess.

I quite like vaginas

I would go as far as to say I LOVE em ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
batfink
batfink
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Also Lukerobinho I don't know od your trolling or just a fucktard. You're the typical Andrew bolt follower who believe the shit people spew. We are a free country and we have freedom of religion you racist prick

don't worry 433 he isn't that bright....typical leftie dysfunctional bludger on the take

Besides, if I'm "a vagina" that means I've got a depth and warmth you'll never possess.

why you feel its your job to butt in......he can go fuck himself....I insulted no one in my original post regarding Vietnam....so where does he get off slinging shit....kunts a social tard with an anger issue.....sooks like a fucking snivelling 3 year old....grow up and grow a spine apathetic tard.....

"I work my arse off at a company I don't like " well who's fault is that???? who cares!!!!! do something about it fucktard....stop crying like a princess....or is it THAT girlie time for him????
Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

I quite like vaginas
Edited
8 Years Ago by Joffa
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

batfink wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Three years lost: political tragedy weakens a nation

June 27, 2013
Phil Barker

This is a story with no clear distinction between good and bad. A story with an ending that diminishes hope and depresses.

When the story of federal ALP politics from 2010 to 2013 is told in years to come, it should be told as a tragedy. A story with no clear distinction between good and bad. A story with an ending that diminishes hope and depresses.

Kevin Rudd was smart, evidence-based and thoughtful. He could speak Mandarin and presumably understood what mattered most to our most important regional relation. He apologised for the stolen generations, began the NBN, introduced paid government maternity leave, and through the global financial crisis led the world's most effective stimulus package. He wasn't in a faction, he didn't need to be: his power came from historically high polling.

But he wasn't a nice guy. We are told that as leader he treated those around him with contempt. He made up policy, particularly health policy, on the run, and deliberately used complicated language to belittle the electorate. He said climate change was the "great moral challenge of our time" but then refused to pursue a carbon price after an initial setback, albeit on Julia Gillard's recommendation. And Australians noticed, and stopped liking him.

So his power base – the polls – fell away, and he was exposed.

Advertisement
Julia Gillard, with the encouragement of the factions and unions, saw an opportunity and took it. Australia, for the first time, had a female prime minister. It was swift, clinical and never properly explained to an electorate who deserved an explanation.

Quickly, she called an election and ran a campaign that never quite decided whether or not to "own" the achievements of the previous three years. In that time, fatefully, she promised, "there will be no carbon tax under a government that I lead".

So, at the 2010 election, the Australian people punished the ALP, while being unable to bring themselves to elect Tony Abbott. Julia Gillard had before her the monumental challenge of governing without a clear mandate, as a minority government and against a new, improved, disciplined and relentless Tony Abbott.

Despite that, she achieved landmark reforms about which Labor will brag for many years: pricing carbon, DisabilityCare and Gonski school funding.

In 2012, Gillard delivered the widely praised "misogyny speech" and had what would be her only period of ascendancy in the polls. She also stood tall while incurring some of the most shameful media and public treatment of a prime minister this country has ever seen. As Gillard said, while the role of gender in her prime ministership "doesn't explain everything, it doesn't explain nothing". How much it does explain will be debated for many years.

However, on the way to her achievements, Gillard made some politically devastating choices. Embracing a carbon tax as a precursor to an ETS, in contradiction to her pre-election promise, proved devastating to her public standing. Appointing Peter Slipper to the speaker's chair increased her majority by one, but turned out to be extremely costly as his awful judgment dominated the news cycle for too long. As leader, she had to bear the decision of the ALP to endorse Craig Thompson, and became tainted herself by his tainted past.

Furthermore, Gillard made a raft of policy choices that alienated her government from her left supporter base: not putting a vote on pokies to the floor of Parliament, largely embracing the "Pacific solution" to asylum seekers arriving by boat, championing a deeply flawed and ineffective mining tax and refusing to support gay marriage.

Meanwhile, Kevin Rudd went to work putting himself before party and nation. We are told he deliberately leaked to the media during the 2010 campaign. He and his delegates spent much of the Gillard prime ministership briefing journalists on internal leadership tensions. In part thanks to Rudd and his delegates, Gillard's government rarely had the oxygen to discuss policy. He ran against Gillard for the leadership once and suffered the biggest loss in Labor caucus history. He agitated again but declined to run because apparently he had too much integrity, and then finally, for the third time he ran again and was successful. What Gillard had dealt unto Rudd, Rudd dealt unto her.

Ultimately, Gillard was a victim of her own formula. If, as Gillard told Rudd, high opinion polls are the keys to the Lodge, it's amazing she lasted as long as she did.

And so we reflect on where that leaves us. The better leader, the historical reformer, only held faction-supported power on account of undemocratically knifing her predecessor. Meanwhile, the leader who was free from factions, the PM who was wronged, proceeded to become a pernicious but successful saboteur of his own government.

As a party, the ALP has been weakened by its transparent contempt for democratic accountability. As a nation, our democracy has been weakened by three years of lost policy debates. This story was a tragedy: what could have been from progressive, reforming governments, and what was from contemporary politicians.

Phil Barker is a management consultant. He was a member of the ALP until last year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/three-years-lost-political-tragedy-weakens-a-nation-20130627-2oz7i.html#ixzz2XsqbQJGr
Edited
8 Years Ago by Joffa
batfink
batfink
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
batfink
batfink
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Bludger? I work my ass off for a company I don't want to be at ,so I can support my family ,its people like you that make me sick , also nothing wrong with a white middle class person visiting a third world country ,what I find insulting is your attitude towards my Asian brethren . It's insulting towards me and you .

well if there is nothing wrong with middle class Australians visiting Vietnam why make stupid statements??????

what attitude is this princess????

I also work my arse off but I don't cry about it princess

Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Bludger? I work my ass off for a company I don't want to be at ,so I can support my family ,its people like you that make me sick , also nothing wrong with a white middle class person visiting a third world country ,what I find insulting is your attitude towards my Asian brethren . It's insulting towards me and you .
Edited
8 Years Ago by MvFCArsenal16.8
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

batfink wrote:
433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
batfink
batfink
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
batfink wrote:
notorganic wrote:
People are dumb.

OF COURSE

how else could we have such a bunch of tards running our great nation......!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM...!!!!!

Halong bay itself was awesome and beautiful...however tourism is over running the location...so many Junks on the water it detracted from the experience....but still 8/10
get there before it's to late....

Hoi An has been lovely, really lovely....lovely people, tailor made clothes, restaurants, cooking classes....

aussies could really learn from these village farmers techniques and work ethics......

get in before the country changes......

Typical white Middle class response when visiting a third world country .

so tell me dip shit what is wrong with a middleclass Australian visiting Vietnam??????

Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
batfink
batfink
Legend

433 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by batfink
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search