Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club

Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club

Author
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
i dig it

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-unveil-plans-for-30m-home-as-part-of-ambitious-blueprint-for-worldclass-club/news-
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
mvhack
mvhack
Fan
Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)

Can't get into the article - comes up with an error.

Can you please copy & paste the article on here.
Edited
8 Years Ago by mvhack
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

mvhack wrote:

I can't , up to limit

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=DTWEB_MRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-unveil-plans-for-30m-home-as-part-of-ambitious-blueprint-for-worldclass-club/news-story/6f73ea16438243c5051c657490e681c0&memtype=anonymous

Quote:

Wanderers’ $30m plan for ‘world-class club’
WANDERERS chairman Paul Lederer has unveiled plans for the A-League club to be based at a new $30m state-of-the-art from next season.

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

scott21 wrote:
mvhack wrote:

I can't , up to limit

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=DTWEB_MRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-unveil-plans-for-30m-home-as-part-of-ambitious-blueprint-for-worldclass-club/news-story/6f73ea16438243c5051c657490e681c0&memtype=anonymous

Quote:

Wanderers’ $30m plan for ‘world-class club’
WANDERERS chairman Paul Lederer has unveiled plans for the A-League club to be based at a new $30m state-of-the-art from next season.

No need. We is already world class. :cool:
Edited
8 Years Ago by T-UNIT
Multibet
Multibet
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

http://m.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/wanderers-unveil-plans-for-30m-home-as-part-of-ambitious-blueprint-for-world-class-club/story-e6frf56c-1227707636460

Quote:
WANDERERS chairman Paul Lederer has unveiled plans for the A-League club to be based at a new $30m state-of-the-art complex from next season.

Lederer detailed for the first time the plans to build “a world-class football club” based at a new complex in Rooty Hill.

The complex will be built in seven stages on land leased at Blacktown International Sportspark, with the club headquarters and player facilities due to be built within the next six months, along with the first of 9.5 pitches and spectator facilities.

The precinct, covering some eight hectares, will be home to all of the club’s teams, from Tony Popovic’s first-team squad to the W-League, youth teams and down the academy teams, with each of the pitches costing around $1m.

Edited by Multibet: 13/1/2016 09:07:44 PM

Edited by Multibet: 13/1/2016 09:08:17 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Multibet
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Quote:
Rooty Hill

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
Multibet
Multibet
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

scott21 wrote:
Quote:
Rooty Hill

Quote:
“It’s massive – I’m sure it’s the largest investment by any Australian sporting club in facilities of this kind,” he said.

“The total project will be well in excess of $30m.

“It’s a gamechanger for Western Sydney – it’s more exciting than anything I’ve been involved in.

Planning permission has been granted and the levelling of some land for pitches has already been undertaken, after a three-year process of planning and negotiations with councils, the state government and various government bodies.

Offering a tacit comparison with Sydney FC, Tsatsimas emphasised that work is underway, with strict deadlines.

Shots fired in derby week by the owners.....:lol: :lol: =d>
Edited
8 Years Ago by Multibet
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Multibet wrote:
scott21 wrote:
Quote:
Rooty Hill

Quote:
“It’s massive – I’m sure it’s the largest investment by any Australian sporting club in facilities of this kind,” he said.

“The total project will be well in excess of $30m.

“It’s a gamechanger for Western Sydney – it’s more exciting than anything I’ve been involved in.

Planning permission has been granted and the levelling of some land for pitches has already been undertaken, after a three-year process of planning and negotiations with councils, the state government and various government bodies.

Offering a tacit comparison with Sydney FC, Tsatsimas emphasised that work is underway, with strict deadlines.

Shots fired in derby week by the owners.....:lol: :lol: =d>

you didnt quote it all.

Quote:
Lederer called it “the largest investment by any Australian sporting club”, based on a tour of 13 European clubs he and CEO John Tsatsimas undertook last year.

The project will be funded by the owners, and though it may eventually include revenue-generating office blocks and a club, for now it is just “an investment” in the future of the game, Lederer said.

It’s a seven-stage project but the primary focus is to get those pitches as quickly as is practical ready for us to use – and that’s also been hastened by the fact our academy is operational, as well as giving the first, women’s and youth team access to top-line pitches,” said Tsatsimas.

“We anticipate that within 12 months we’re in full flow, relocated and fully functional within the new precinct

“We’re working on the final throes of the administration stuff, but even if we’re not entirely finished inside 12 months, the back end of those last pitches should certainly be done within 18 months.

“The owners are so committed it’s not funny. It’s ok to say, we’re going to do this and we’re going to do that, and 10 years later you’re in the same spot. These are not plans for what we’d like to do, this is happening.”

Lederer also revealed he had been assured by the government that the rebuilding of Pirtek Stadium will be underway at the end of the year, with a two-to-three year timeframe planned.

The Wanderers have submitted concept drawings showing a 35,000-seat rectangular stadium with fairly sheer stands, as their preferred option.

“Hopefully John and I will have a big say in this, as part of the committee the government will appoint to choose the design,” Lederer said.

“End of the year it will commence, I’m told, and the minister has told us we will be an important voice in the design of it.”

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

So we have clubs modelling themselves on Europe and taking educational trips and the FFA modeling itself on the MLS and taking trips to USA for tips.

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Part of the tour to the US was about digital & supporter strategy, which is an area the USA is miles ahead of the rest of the world in.
Edited
8 Years Ago by macktheknife
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Quote:
The Western Sydney Wanderers today announced betting.club on a multi-year partnership agreement.
A member owned organisation with strong roots in Western Sydney, betting.club is Australia’s first social betting platform backed by the iconic Mounties Group, also based in Sydney’s Greater West.

The deal will see betting.club take up several signage, digital and PR-related opportunities within and around the club, including corporate function appearances with a focus on responsible engagement with fans on game day.

The three-year deal will bring a new presence and level of commitment to the club and its fans across much of suburban Sydney.

Wanderers CEO John Tsatsimas said that betting.club and the Wanderers are a good fit given the organisations Western Sydney origins.

“We are pleased to have betting.club on board for a three-year period, they are another youthful organisation with links to Western Sydney,” said Mr Tsatsimas.

“At the Wanderers, we continue to grow our partnership categories to ensure a solid foundation for future growth and success of our club and our partners.”

betting.club CEO Kelly Signell said the partnership will further solidify their presence in Western Sydney.

“We are excited to announce our partnership with the Wanderers, they are a club that share our vision for community values and spirit,” said Signell.

“Being the first Community Club owned bookmaker, it is important for us to align ourselves with like-minded partners.

“The partnership will also help us reach the customer base of our shareholders’ catchment areas and solidify our presence and support for Greater Western Sydney.”

Read more at http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article/western-sydney-wanderers-partner-up-with-bettingclub/14c6tk5ovbc221boxb5ed7228k#lmRhD5XqklQGmq0y.99

Personally I am quite opposed to this, and based on the comments on facebook, so are the majority of supporters.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Kamaryn
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

WSW are a business not a religious organisation.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

scott21 wrote:

Didn't say they were. But gambling disproportionately harms Western Sydney and seeing the club has prided itself on building the community, it seems to be contradictory. I'm not arguing for a gambling ban, but I would have rather seen our club find alternative sponsors.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Kamaryn
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Kamaryn wrote:
scott21 wrote:

Didn't say they were. But gambling disproportionately harms Western Sydney and seeing the club has prided itself on building the community, it seems to be contradictory. I'm not arguing for a gambling ban, but I would have rather seen our club find alternative sponsors.

"Save the puppies foundation" doesnt pay the bills.
They can do both imo. Have McD, betting, but also contribute to mental health issues, community, health and so on. They do not need to be the ultimate community standards. Just like people are tricked into thinking sportsmen/women should always be seen as a community role model.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

i dont agree with gambling at all. it destroys too many families and definitely harms communities. I dont have a gambling problem so it kinda doesnt affect me, but cant speak for the other people though.
Edited
8 Years Ago by HeyItsRobbie
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

HeyItsRobbie wrote:
i dont agree with gambling at all. it destroys too many families and definitely harms communities. I dont have a gambling problem so it kinda doesnt affect me, but cant speak for the other people though.

I just think until they make it illegal (like tobacco or alcohol) then its not an issue.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Just like McDonalds people will give up complaining about it after a few days/weeks.
Edited
8 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

scott21 wrote:
HeyItsRobbie wrote:

I just think until they make it illegal (like tobacco or alcohol) then its not an issue.

it should be illegal for people who actually has a problem

im not worried too much about it because i probably gamble like 10 cents for the lolz and i'll do that like once in 10 years

i also never enter any lotteries because im never going to win anyway so why bother?

i would rather spend the money on food, maybe PC upgrades, somethings that'll last me a while.
Edited
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Various sources reporting we've signed someone.
Edited
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
Various sources reporting we've signed someone.

New sponsor?
Edited
8 Years Ago by T-UNIT
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend

Supposedly it's a fullback for the youth team lol
Edited
Gayfish
Gayfish
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Edited
8 Years Ago by Gayfish
Multibet
Multibet
Semi-Pro

Is This The Greatest Underdog Story In Football?
Copa90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYWnBPbjMQ
Edited
8 Years Ago by Multibet
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Multibet wrote:
Copa90

Good Doco

Cheers for posting.

Biggest story in Australian Sport.
Edited
8 Years Ago by JonoMV
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

JonoMV wrote:
Multibet wrote:
Copa90

Good Doco

Cheers for posting.

Biggest story in Australian Sport.

sadly the year it happened all the end of year best australian stories were some state of origin or afl garbage

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker
Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)

Fan-tastic litte documentary, we've done a lot in our short history haven't we.

Long may it continue.
Edited
8 Years Ago by FlexerRevived
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

if we win against Wellington we get 2nd right? i just want to make sure

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Swarth wrote:

bingo we get second and a week off. most likely a play off spot for the acl
Edited
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

HeyItsRobbie wrote:
Swarth wrote:

bingo we get second and a week off. most likely a play off spot for the acl

thank you, i hope Wellington dont dick us again

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search