Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club

Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club

Author
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Swarth wrote:
HeyItsRobbie wrote:
Swarth wrote:
if we win against Wellington we get 2nd right? i just want to make sure

bingo we get second and a week off. most likely a play off spot for the acl

thank you, i hope Wellington dont dick us again

fingers crossed buddy.
Edited
8 Years Ago by HeyItsRobbie
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker
Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)

This will only fuel us, we shall not forget. We shall not forgive, expect us.... to FU up.
Edited
8 Years Ago by FlexerRevived
Gayfish
Gayfish
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Will choke against Wellington.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Gayfish
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker
Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)Hacker (329 reputation)

Gayfish wrote:

Cheer up lad, we got this.
Edited
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

FlexerRevived wrote:
This will only fuel us, we shall not forget. We shall not forgive, expect us.... to FU up.

needs a red and black backdrop

Edited by heyitsrobbie: 9/4/2016 10:09:11 PM
Edited
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Willington can go and git facked! Wistern Sudney are gonna wun aginst the Nux and take sicond.
Edited
8 Years Ago by T-UNIT
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

Here we are, home finals secured. We're in a good position to go all the way. The underdog mentality will give us a massive boost.

It's a shame we're not going to be at Wanderland anytime soon, couldn't we wait until the season over.
Edited
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

FlexerRevived wrote:
Gayfish wrote:

Cheer up lad, we got this.

Told ya lad, a bit of more positivity never hurts. Try it, sometime. ;)
Edited
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

Anyone know a good striker Wanderers can sign after the Piovocarri debacle?

Hugo Almeida might do the job, but his numbers aren't that great 5 goals in his last 39 games.

Don't know if we are ready to take a punt on him, but he is only 31. His game isn't based on speed like Piovacarri was, he's tall and strong, and can act as someone who can hold the ball for us. He'll serve as a good target man, which I think is what we are now certainly lacking.
Edited
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

Now this is what I call away support. Just beautiful, nothing comes close to it in this league. =d> =d>

[youtube]watch?v=LveKwcQhhhY [/youtube]
Edited
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Heading down to the Shithole on Saturday night, what pub is everyone drinking at on game day?
Edited
8 Years Ago by WSF
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

Wanderers Medal Ceremony 2016 - Livestream

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3mWTCoNr0&list=LL6J866TfUDKtemsd3wP7iuw&index=1

You're welcme ;)
Edited
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

Well well, sexy Mel Mclauglhlin is hosting our event... wonderful.
Edited
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

oh dear amateur hour, the audio guy is too eager.. calm down m8

Stay spicy.
Edited
FlexerRevived
FlexerRevived
Hacker

What an awkward award ceremony, it's so awkward it's actually good.:d
Edited
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Quote:
Son of Steelers legend making his own way Mitch Cohen
@@MitchRWCohen

July 7, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

Tate Russell, who plays for Western Sydney Wanderers, with former Steelers great and dad Ian Russell. Picture: SYLVIA LIBER

See your ad here
Steelers legend Ian Russell is happy to admit he has converted to be a supporter of the round ball game.

It’s not a decision the former rugby league hard-man made overnight, but came as a result of his 16-year-old son Tate.

Earlier this year Tate was signed by the Western Sydney Wanderers youth academy and is now midway through his first season at the club.

Russell couldn’t be prouder.

“It’s changed me but it is good to see him kick a ball and see how well he is going with it,” Russell, who still follows rugby league closely, said.

"I am rapt.

“He is going really well and he is enjoying it so that’s the main thing.”

Russell played more than 100 games for the Steelers and was named the competition’s Dally M Lock Of The Year in 1992.

But despite his father’s storied career in the rival code, Tate has always played football.

“[My parents] put me in to release energy to start off with and I started liking it more and more,” Tate Russell said.

“Dad didn’t play Rugby League until under 18’s and so I was pretty much put into it by my parents because I enjoyed it so much, obviously trying new things and being young.

“I always stuck to it.”

Beginning his career at Wollongong Olympic, Russell played for Project 22 and the Wollongong Wolves before moving the Western Sydney.

This season is the A-League club’s first in the NSW NPL Men’s 2 and Russell has been quick to realise the high standard upheld at the Wanderers.

“Straight away I noticed how professional they are up there,” Tate Russell said.

“I have felt very welcome at the club.

See your ad here
“It is a really good bunch of boys and the standard is so high as well.”

Russell plays as an attacking-minded right back after previously playing more in the front third.

He continues to do his schooling by distance education while participating in regular training sessions at Western Sydney.

Based in Gwynneville, he makes the trip up several times a week with fellow Wollongong product Lachlan Scott.

Scott, 18, signed his maiden first team contract with the Wanderers earlier this year and has just started his first preseason at the club.

He has provided Russell with crucial support in the defender’s first season at the club.

“He would probably be one of the most influential boys considering he is down here,” Russell said.

“I have been going up with him in the mornings and he tells me to keep my head up when I make a mistake and has helped with my motivation.”

Western Sydney are currently locked in a promotion battle with bitter A-League rivals Sydney FC.

They currently lead the Sky Blues by just one point on the ladder ahead of a difficult home match against Macarthur Rams this Saturday at Blacktown Football Park.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4017604/son-of-steelers-legend-ian-russell-joins-a-league-club/?cs=4110

Edited by scott21: 9/7/2016 04:57:52 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

we have our own book take that sydney fc

http://www.hardiegrant.com.au/publishing/bookfinder/book/welcome-to-wanderland-by-michael-visontay/9781743792568

should really be called harry potter and the welcome to wanderland or something similar, it would sell a lot more

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

scott21 wrote:
Quote:
Son of Steelers legend making his own way Mitch Cohen
@@MitchRWCohen

July 7, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

Tate Russell, who plays for Western Sydney Wanderers, with former Steelers great and dad Ian Russell. Picture: SYLVIA LIBER

See your ad here
Steelers legend Ian Russell is happy to admit he has converted to be a supporter of the round ball game.

It’s not a decision the former rugby league hard-man made overnight, but came as a result of his 16-year-old son Tate.

Earlier this year Tate was signed by the Western Sydney Wanderers youth academy and is now midway through his first season at the club.

Russell couldn’t be prouder.

“It’s changed me but it is good to see him kick a ball and see how well he is going with it,” Russell, who still follows rugby league closely, said.

"I am rapt.

“He is going really well and he is enjoying it so that’s the main thing.”

Russell played more than 100 games for the Steelers and was named the competition’s Dally M Lock Of The Year in 1992.

But despite his father’s storied career in the rival code, Tate has always played football.

“[My parents] put me in to release energy to start off with and I started liking it more and more,” Tate Russell said.

“Dad didn’t play Rugby League until under 18’s and so I was pretty much put into it by my parents because I enjoyed it so much, obviously trying new things and being young.

“I always stuck to it.”

Beginning his career at Wollongong Olympic, Russell played for Project 22 and the Wollongong Wolves before moving the Western Sydney.

This season is the A-League club’s first in the NSW NPL Men’s 2 and Russell has been quick to realise the high standard upheld at the Wanderers.

“Straight away I noticed how professional they are up there,” Tate Russell said.

“I have felt very welcome at the club.

See your ad here
“It is a really good bunch of boys and the standard is so high as well.”

Russell plays as an attacking-minded right back after previously playing more in the front third.

He continues to do his schooling by distance education while participating in regular training sessions at Western Sydney.

Based in Gwynneville, he makes the trip up several times a week with fellow Wollongong product Lachlan Scott.

Scott, 18, signed his maiden first team contract with the Wanderers earlier this year and has just started his first preseason at the club.

He has provided Russell with crucial support in the defender’s first season at the club.

“He would probably be one of the most influential boys considering he is down here,” Russell said.

“I have been going up with him in the mornings and he tells me to keep my head up when I make a mistake and has helped with my motivation.”

Western Sydney are currently locked in a promotion battle with bitter A-League rivals Sydney FC.

They currently lead the Sky Blues by just one point on the ladder ahead of a difficult home match against Macarthur Rams this Saturday at Blacktown Football Park.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4017604/son-of-steelers-legend-ian-russell-joins-a-league-club/?cs=4110

Edited by scott21: 9/7/2016 04:57:52 PM

Brilliant story :D
Edited
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Swarth wrote:

http://www.hardiegrant.com.au/publishing/bookfinder/book/welcome-to-wanderland-by-michael-visontay/9781743792568

should really be called harry potter and the welcome to wanderland or something similar, it would sell a lot more

It's a shame a lot of you can't read it. Let alone afford the funds to purchase it. Dymocks will probably resort to putting one of those electronic locks around them, to be unlocked upon purchasing with legitimate money.

Would have been a better idea to make it a picture book. Then that negates the need to 'read' it.

Edited by Heineken: 10/7/2016 05:27:20 AM

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Edited
8 Years Ago by Heineken
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Swarth wrote:

It's a shame a lot of you can't read it. Let alone afford the funds to purchase it. Dymocks will probably resort to putting one of those electronic locks around them, to be unlocked upon purchasing with legitimate money.

Would have been a better idea to make it a picture book. Then that negates the need to 'read' it.

Edited by Heineken: 10/7/2016 05:27:20 AM

making a picture book would make it easier but we know how to get things without paying it so i am sure we will find a way to do that with the book

i still find it weird a sydney fc fan is writing it

onto the season i think we made some good signings but we need a lot more attacking power

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Quote:
Ben Morrison is a star of the future for Western Sydney Wanderers

Maddi Ventura, Inner West Courier Inner West
July 18, 2016 2:15am

FINDING the net for the Wanderers fulfilled one of teenage soccer star Ben Morrison’s dreams — but he has higher goals in his sights.

The 17-year-old from Rozelle has already etched his name on the scorecard for the Western Sydney Wanderers and made his first-grade debut for the National Premier League team just last week, but the A-League is still definitely his end goal.

Still in high school, Morrison has earned spots in both the Western Sydney Wanderers under-18s and under-20s teams, as well as the NSW All Schools squad.

Ben Morrison in action. Picture: Craig Wilson
Morrison has been playing football for as long as he can remember, initially pulling on his boots at Balmain and District Football Club as a three-year-old.

The dedicated sports fan is elated that he can finally say he has scored a goal for the Wanderers.

“Playing for the Wanderers is a big step up. I thought I was playing at a high level in the NSW Premier League, but this is bigger than that — it’s very professional,” he said.

On the training paddock by 7am four days per week, Morrison has earned two starts with the Wanderers under-20s side.

Wanderers football star with a future.
“The Wanderers A-League is where I want to be ... it would be amazing if I could play professionally for them one day,” he said.

The fancy footwork master has also played futsal for the NSW team, however devotes all `his efforts to the main version of the game now.

“I’m working on progressing through the academy right now,” Morrison said.

Morrison looks up to Socceroos star Tim Cahill and says that playing for the national team is definitely in his sights.

For his achievements, Morrison is this week’s nominee for the Junior Sports Star award, sponsored by Rebel.

To nominate a young star, go to juniorsportsstar.com.au

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/sport/ben-morrison-is-a-star-of-the-future-for-western-sydney-wanderers/news-story/c6696ea7b29174b7665beaa084f4f8ad
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

FT: Brisbane Roar 1-2 Western Sydney Wanderers
Edited
8 Years Ago by T-UNIT
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

T-UNIT wrote:

Edited
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

HeyItsRobbie wrote:
T-UNIT wrote:

cap them

Wanderers book seems interesting

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Welcome Jack Clisby
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Kiddin

Gayfish
Gayfish
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

That's a docking.......

And Everyone Blamed Clive
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

?????????

After three A-League grand final defeats, the FFA Cup offers the Wanderers an opportunity to win their first domestic silverware.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/31/citys-tim-cahill-to-take-melbourne-bow-against-wanderers-in-ffa-cup

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

what do you expect from the guardian?

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search