Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Author
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Going back and reading the first few pages of this thread is a trip!

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

paladisious - 29 Apr 2014 5:56 PM
Iridium1010 wrote:
killua wrote:
Who is the guy that was a new recruit for the night's watch, who could already fight? From the latest ep.

Looked familiar and has a sinister feel about him. Book spoilers welcome (read the book but can't remember this character).

The guy who cut off Jaime's hand, he's Roose Bolton's right hand man, remember Bolton asked him to track down the Starks when Theon told them the two stark boys are live.

He's also Australian.

Glad there's finally an Aussie in there!

I'm amazed at how far around the world HBO have scoured for casting, it's really paid off. Prime example, the bald bloke playing the Thenn is Russian, it's his first English language production. Doesn't even have an English language wiki page yet, but seems to have been in Russian film and TV for a while.

One of the sand snakes was born in Donnybrook (Western Australia), although she moved to NZ at an early age.
https://www.donnybrookmail.com.au/story/3000153/from-donnybrook-to-westeros/

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
petszk - 22 May 2019 3:19 PM
paladisious - 29 Apr 2014 5:56 PM

One of the sand snakes was born in Donnybrook (Western Australia), although she moved to NZ at an early age.
https://www.donnybrookmail.com.au/story/3000153/from-donnybrook-to-westeros/

Yeah she's based in Melbourne these days.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 22 May 2019 8:24 AM
Dan_The_Red - 22 May 2019 8:02 AM

Had to wrap it up to get to that Disney money.

HBO should have just cut D+D loose and forced the full final season.

-PB

As I understand it, it was D&D who had the rights, rather than HBO. Helps when your old man is a former Goldman Sachs chairman and advisor to President Bush, I guess.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

They could have still palmed it off to HBO and taken a cut. But they’re too self absorbed.

The best thing I can think of is GRRM made this strategic chess move and now whatever he writes will be epic.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhKOV3nImQ
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

paladisious - 26 May 2019 11:10 AM

Very good video, explains everything perfectly.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is a massive Game of Thrones fan but was ‘so disappointed’ with final season
By Joe Moore
24th May 2019, 2:07 pm Updated: 24th May 2019, 2:11 pm

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has joined the chorus of Game of Thrones super fans who were left bitterly disappointed by the final season of the fantasy epic.

Fans have been so angry about how the beloved show ended that some have petitioned for it to be remade – and the Spurs boss wasn’t happy with it either!

After years of gripping drama, meticulous character development and more shocking deaths to shake a sword at, Game of Thrones went out in a blaze of genocidal dragon fire and queen slaying which has completely outraged the majority of its loyal fanbase.

Pochettino included.

The Spurs manager is a HUGE Game of Thrones fan, and even named his beloved direwolf dog ‘Sansa’ after the newly-crowned Queen in the North, Sansa Stark.

And he sounded distraught his favourite show was such a let down – saying the final season ‘just made no sense’.

I mean, Bran? BRAN?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

“Ah, I am so disappointed,” said the Spurs boss in an exclusive interview with talkSPORT’s Laura Woods.

“I was disappointed with the fifth episode [The Bells – which has the lowest rating of any Game of Thrones episode ever and saw Queen Daenerys go from defender of the people to rampaging murdering maniac in about 20 minutes].

“It was an amazing series but the last year [the last season] it was like, ‘we need to finish, how can we finish?’

“I don’t know, it didn’t make sense! There was no common sense!

“I think we all feel the same, not only myself. I think all the people are not happy with the way it finished.”

Pochettino was then asked what GOT character is most like him.

You might think of Jon Snow – a leader of men, whose army would die for him on the battlefield.

You may think of the First Sword of Bravos, Syrio Forel – Master of the Water Dance and skilled in the art of attack.

You may even think of the Spider, Lord Varys – Pulling all the strings on the sidelines.

But his actual answer was…

“Maybe the dragon!

“I am like the dragon – I am strong!”

https://talksport.com/football/548115/tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-game-of-thrones-final-season/

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

haha Poch, hoping my Pool blows your fire out in that case to give you another disappointing finish :)

Love Football

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

LFC. - 27 May 2019 2:30 PM
haha Poch, hoping my Pool blows your fire out in that case to give you another disappointing finish :)

He will blame any downfall on a spiky chair and then fly off.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search