Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Author
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
She even outlined her intentions in the scene with Jon- she could only ever have fear in Westeros. 

She lost Jorah, Missandei and one of her children. She lost her two most trusted advisors (Varys and Tyrion) and she lost the love of Jon. 

Her destruction of Kings Landing was a much a message to them (+ Sansa et al) as it was the people of Westeros. 

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Tipping Bronn to do something massive with that bow n shit he's carrying

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I just can't find myself caring about all these deaths, there's no build up. I was genuinely scarred when Oberyn died.

Varys dies and is forgotten 1 minute later.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

jlm8695 - 14 May 2019 2:02 PM
She even outlined her intentions in the scene with Jon- she could only ever have fear in Westeros. 

She lost Jorah, Missandei and one of her children. She lost her two most trusted advisors (Varys and Tyrion) and she lost the love of Jon. 

Her destruction of Kings Landing was a much a message to them (+ Sansa et al) as it was the people of Westeros. 

good points ljm.
Fear it is she quoted sensing Jon couldn't feel being intimate at that time.
Sansa has really troubled her mentally and she tried to wedge the barrier to Jon not to tell anyone of his linage but telling his sisters played her card.
Gonna be interesting what pans out next once Kings Landing ash settles.

Iridium no rest for the wicked mate.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 14 May 2019 1:34 PM
paulbagzFC - 14 May 2019 8:03 AM

Perhaps it could have been better done but if see this as a 'u turn' you should go back and re watch the whole series. She's done horrid things from the beginning.

I'm not referring to Dany.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 14 May 2019 1:29 PM
paulbagzFC - 14 May 2019 10:49 AM

Righto clementine Ford. 

Right dumb fuck?

-PB

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 14 May 2019 8:03 AM

Perhaps it could have been better done but if see this as a 'u turn' you should go back and re watch the whole series. She's done horrid things from the beginning.

There's an enormous leap from killing prisoners of war to literally torching an entire city. It would probably have made sense if we had a few episodes to flesh it out, now it just seems contrived. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Alt Shift X had a very good video a while back flagging Danny’s arc as being the villain. I thought that was the right angle to take for the show but execution has been poor.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

433 - 14 May 2019 3:11 PM

There's an enormous leap from killing prisoners of war to literally torching an entire city. It would probably have made sense if we had a few episodes to flesh it out, now it just seems contrived. 

I wouldn't call feeding innocent people to her dragons "killing prisoners of war" but I do agree that it should have been fleshed out a bit more.

There is a part of the books where she tortures innocent daughters of the slave owners that was probably viewed as too much in by D&D but in retrospect would have revealed her true nature a bit more.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 14 May 2019 3:00 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 14 May 2019 1:29 PM

Right dumb fuck?

-PB

You're the one that equates "power" at being the same as honourable and decent but hey keep following the textbook social media outrage agenda if you so feel so strongly about it. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 14 May 2019 7:02 PM
paulbagzFC - 14 May 2019 3:00 PM

You're the one that equates "power" at being the same as honourable and decent but hey keep following the textbook social media outrage agenda if you so feel so strongly about it. 

What the fuck are you on about son?

What cliff did you fall off to arrive there? 

-PB

Edited
5 Years Ago by paulbagzFC
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 14 May 2019 7:00 PM
433 - 14 May 2019 3:11 PM

I wouldn't call feeding innocent people to her dragons "killing prisoners of war" but I do agree that it should have been fleshed out a bit more.

There is a part of the books where she tortures innocent daughters of the slave owners that was probably viewed as too much in by D&D but in retrospect would have revealed her true nature a bit more.

I was referring to her roasting the Tarley's, but yeah she's done a bunch of horrible shit throughout the series. I've expected her to turn "evil" for a long time, her self-righteousness always pissed me off lmao. I have no doubt that this is the path the books are going down and if the show had another 20 episodes to flesh everything out it would make a fuckload more sense (as would lots of other things), but as I said having all this happen so fast feels so contrived. 

Having her go from sending her army to save the world from an undead apocalypse to Dresden-ing a city in the space of three episodes just feels bizarre and hamfisted.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Finale two word review; utter garbage.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

When they actually said A Song of Ice and Fire.

Facepalm 

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

https://external-preview.redd.it/27sAzWwrYDR_o4bdnIJfeYUO4Ekli-vqarzZcj9zOD8.png?auto=webp&s=216b2142744b9205f07c4c5ff425f7c64b8ff6e0

-PB

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

I'm not even angry. I'm just sad...

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

As far as I'm concerned Game of Thrones ended after season 6. The last two seasons felt like a completely different programme.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I've been watching some entertaining Series's on Netflix of late.
The wife and i discussed how similar it felt nearing the end of GOT.
Start to mid or a little further had you captivated but as things were coming to the end much lost the plot and the end anti climatic or just flat wrong.
Was it because you had pictured a type of finish in your mind ? or wished for.
I don't know.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Haha. I was so deflated after last week that I didn't even want to watch this one. Forced viewing as a matter of completeness. 

Anyway, I had the lowest expectations possible so it wasn't that bad. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I'm sure glad they cut down the last two seasons so they could rush through the ending and focus on a full minute of Tyrion straightening some chairs.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Not disappointed with the outcomes, incredibly disappointed in how we got there. 

D&D chasing that Disney money has really soured my overall perception of the show. 
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The white walker threat was my biggest disappointment, HBO should be worried about how that played out since the next show they’re about to make is a series on the first long night..
Edited
5 Years Ago by Iridium1010
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Such an unsatisfying ending re. Bran's arc for me. I didn't care much for his storyline from the beginning but I was convinced after the "hold the door" episode that there would be a monumental revelation about the GoT universe and how time and space operate within it. Whether that was Bran =night king or something I dont know, but I was expecting a massive moment in these last few episodes.

Instead nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

The rush to get things done in 6 episodes is the stuff up. D&D should have handed the reigns over.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Been listening to 10 coworkers at lunch rage out this show at lunchtime.   

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 21 May 2019 1:43 PM
Such an unsatisfying ending re. Bran's arc for me. I didn't care much for his storyline from the beginning but I was convinced after the "hold the door" episode that there would be a monumental revelation about the GoT universe and how time and space operate within it. Whether that was Bran =night king or something I dont know, but I was expecting a massive moment in these last few episodes.

Instead nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

All it would have taken would be in that shot where he's getting wheeled away from the Small Council meeting if he blinks, has bright blue eyes, and then blinking again back to normal.

It would have explained away all the contrivances, plot holes and character inconsistencies if it was all Bran.
Edited
5 Years Ago by paladisious
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

I'm gonna call that a big yikes.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

I think its 4.4 now.

A or A+ in terms of failure?
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

The rush to finish this show really cut it off at the knees, strange decision after the thorough plot building for most of its life.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Dan_The_Red - 22 May 2019 8:02 AM
The rush to finish this show really cut it off at the knees, strange decision after the thorough plot building for most of its life.

Had to wrap it up to get to that Disney money.

HBO should have just cut D+D loose and forced the full final season.

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search