World Politics/Global Events

World Politics/Global Events

Author
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paulbagzFC - 14 Mar 2017 8:59 AM
Gotta laugh at Erdogan being mad at the Netherlands for not allowing people to campaign for the upcoming elections in their country which is now blowing up into some massive diplomatic crisis.

-PB

That Turkish bloke called them Nazi sympathizers or something didn't he?

Utter nonsense. The reason the Dutch don't want them there is because they don't want the bullshit that comes with rival Turkish groups kicking the teeth out of each other outside of Turkey.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Australia will also have a big problem with Turkey soon.

they are Islamist trouble makers. look at the riots they caused in Germany and Holland. They are arrogant. 

And he called the Dutch fascists when he is trying to change the Constitution for sweeping executive powers. Turkey headed for totalitarian Islamism. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 3:09 PM
Australia will also have a big problem with Turkey soon.

they are Islamist trouble makers. look at the riots they caused in Germany and Holland. They are arrogant. 

And he called the Dutch fascists when he is trying to change the Constitution for sweeping executive powers. Turkey headed for totalitarian Islamism. 

Yeah only slightly ironic given all he has done to erode democracy in Turkey to install himself as a dictator.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 14 Mar 2017 3:43 PM
mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 3:09 PM

Yeah only slightly ironic given all he has done to erode democracy in Turkey to install himself as a dictator.

-PB

Also occupation of Cyprus with the Ethnic Cleansing of the homogeneous population, and not to mention his invasion of Syria in order to kill off the Kurdish YPG and YPK which are allied to the Coalition in the fight against Islamic State.

Also threatening the EU that its citizens should have the 4 basic freedoms of movement in the Shengen Area and its violations of territorial seas in the Aegean. 

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Hes also had shit relations with baghdad too, ignoring baghdads calls for turkish troops to leave the country.

And hes had his friend Barzani try and get rid of the PKK linked yezidi YBS, who are defending the yezidis in Shingal from genocide by ISIS, when the KRG Peshermga ran away, similar scenario happening in the Ninveh plains with the Assyrians too.

Btw Yezidis, Assyrians, and Turkmens have asked for a semi automy region in Iraq.

http://www.aina.org/news/20170309162122.htm
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The FYROM should rename themselves Macedonia and be done with it.

The Greeks should suck it up.

Member since 2008.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:23 PM
The FYROM should rename themselves Macedonia and be done with it.

The Greeks should suck it up.

The Indonesians should name themselves Queensland or Australia too and be done with it, and also claim Ned Kelley as an Indonesian Rice cultivator. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Iridium1010 - 14 Mar 2017 4:21 PM
Hes also had shit relations with baghdad too, ignoring baghdads calls for turkish troops to leave the country.And hes had his friend Barzani try and get rid of the PKK linked yezidi YBS, who are defending the yezidis in Shingal from genocide by ISIS, when the KRG Peshermga ran away, similar scenario happening in the Ninveh plains with the Assyrians too.Btw Yezidis, Assyrians, and Turkmens have asked for a semi automy region in Iraq.http://www.aina.org/news/20170309162122.htm

Turkey overall has caused a lot of problems. They were also caught out buying Oil from Islamic State, thus directly funding the terror network.

And yet Erdogan calls the Dutch and Germans fascist. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:26 PM
Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:23 PM

The Indonesians should name themselves Queensland or Australia too and be done with it, and also claim Ned Kelley as an Indonesian Rice cultivator. 

Well that makes no sense at all.  There are 100's of thousands of Macedonians that don't live in Greece.  They're entitled to call themselves whatever name they want.  Who the hell are these fetta eating clowns telling the Macs what's what?

Member since 2008.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:32 PM

Well that makes no sense at all.  There are 100's of thousands of Macedonians that don't live in Greece.  They're entitled to call themselves whatever name they want.  Who the hell are these fetta eating clowns telling the Macs what's what?

They can call themselves Oompa Loompas if they want. 

Doesn't mean they are entitled to the name of Macedonia, and its history (when they were 6th century AD nomads) and also make territorial claims against another countries sovereignty. If they do, they will have problems in NATO and the EU. 

It's actually in their best interest to resolve this, otherwise the embargoes against them will continue. No NATO or EU accession for them. 
Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:34 PM
Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:32 PM

They can call themselves Oompa Loompas if they want. 

Doesn't mean they are entitled to the name of Macedonia, and its history (when they were 6th century AD nomads) and also make territorial claims against another countries sovereignty. If they do, they will have problems in NATO and the EU. 

It's actually in their best interest to resolve this, otherwise the embargoes against them will continue. 

They're historically and geographically Macedonian.  It's retarded some goat shaggers can bully them into not being able to name their own country.

Member since 2008.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:38 PM
mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:34 PM

They're historically and geographically Macedonian.  It's retarded some goat shaggers can bully them into not being able to name their own country.

Historically, no they're not. They are Slavic. They migrated to the area in the 6th century AD. Mecedon was a Greek Tribe or Kingdom. Alexander the Great spread Greek Culture and Language throughout the empire and worshiped Zeus. The Macedonian Armies also had Athenian, and Spartan contingencies among others. They never spoke Slavic. 

Geographically, yes they are. The boundaries in the area have changed hundreds of times with so many wars over many centuries. 
Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:48 PM
Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:38 PM

Historically, no they're not. They are Slavic. They migrated to the area in the 6th century AD. Mecedon was a Greek Tribe or Kingdom. Alexander the Great spread Greek Culture and Language throughout the empire and worshiped Zeus. They never spoke Slavic. 

Geographically, yes they are. The boundaries in the area have changed hundreds of times with so many wars over many centuries. 

So 1400 years not enough to call yourself a local then?  1400 years isn't history?

Member since 2008.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Anyway, I apologize for the diversion off topic. This is supposed to be a thread on International Politics and World Events, and I don't think we are suppose to be discussing the origins of the Macedonians in here.

But I am happy to engage the topic in its own thread if you prefer?
Edited
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:52 PM
mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:48 PM

So 1400 years not enough to call yourself a local then?  1400 years isn't history?

Calling themselves local is not the issue. No one is denying them this status and they are actually welcome to be local.  No one has an issue for them being where they are after so long.

The issue is about historical revisionism, and desecrating another countries cultural inheritance and history, as well as make territorial claims against their sovereignty. That is very serious.
Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:54 PM
Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 4:52 PM

Calling themselves local is not the issue. No one is denying them this status and they are actually welcome to be local.  No one has an issue for them being where they are after so long.

The issue is about historical revisionism, and desecrating another countries cultural inheritance and history, as well as make territorial claims against their sovereignty. That is very serious.

Mate I'm just shit stirring. It was just a little wind up following PB's observation in the mutil thread.

I wouldn't have a clue about any of this except to say the name FYROM is ridiculous.

( Back in the day I used to wind up a Greek mate by making a sly remark about this every now and then to watch him go off in a red faced rage about it all so I thought I'd see if you'd bite too.)

Cheers.

Member since 2008.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

arent they bulgarians?

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Iridium1010 - 14 Mar 2017 5:02 PM
arent they bulgarians?

I don't know about that. They are Slavic and speak a similar dialect to the Serbs. But the Serbs don't like them either for some reason because they are buddying up to Bosnia and Albania. 
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 5:02 PM
mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 4:54 PM

Mate I'm just shit stirring. It was just a little wind up following PB's observation in the mutil thread.

I wouldn't have a clue about any of this except to say the name FYROM is ridiculous.

( Back in the day I used to wind up a Greek mate by making a sly remark about this every now and then to watch him go off in a red faced rage about it all so I thought I'd see if you'd bite too.)

Cheers.

What observation is that?

Anyway, let's call a truce. I got nothing against you but understand the wind up because of my over reaction to one of your responces that weren't even addressed to me. 

Let's be pals. Life's too short. 

Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 5:09 PM
Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 5:02 PM

What observation is that?

Anyway, let's call a truce. I got nothing against you but understand the wind up because of my over reaction to one of your responces that weren't even addressed to me. 

Let's be pals. Life's too short. 

>>What observation is that?

That you're Aikhme.

>>Let's be pals. Life's too short. 

It's all good.  Was just having a bit of a laugh.

Member since 2008.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 14 Mar 2017 6:09 PM
mouflonrouge - 14 Mar 2017 5:09 PM

>>What observation is that?

That you're Aikhme.

>>Let's be pals. Life's too short. 

It's all good.  Was just having a bit of a laugh.

Oh I see.

So this is another multi speculation thing. Cool.

I'm honored (I think) but it's not the case. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Speaking of, your username is pretty funny btw. I had to google.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Davide82 - 16 Mar 2017 4:50 PM
.Speaking of, your username is pretty funny btw. I had to google.

Thanks. From memory, I copied it from somewhere so don't credit me with the humor but I do my best. Plus I also like Reindeer. 
Edited
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 16 Mar 2017 5:07 PM
Davide82 - 16 Mar 2017 4:50 PM

Thanks. From memory, I copied it from somewhere, plus I also like Reindeer. 

And also "red sheep" is a good name if you are gonna dive into the ET politics threads aha
Damn pinkos
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Davide82 - 16 Mar 2017 5:16 PM
mouflonrouge - 16 Mar 2017 5:07 PM

And also "red sheep" is a good name if you are gonna dive into the ET politics threads aha
Damn pinkos

Pinkos? What do you mean? 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

mouflonrouge - 16 Mar 2017 5:25 PM
Davide82 - 16 Mar 2017 5:16 PM

Pinkos? What do you mean? 

haha

Edit - maybe I was wrong...maybe it's Adelaide United (reds) supporters that are sheep
...or both....

It really is a great username :)

Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Davide82 - 16 Mar 2017 5:31 PM
mouflonrouge - 16 Mar 2017 5:25 PM

haha

Edit - maybe I was wrong...maybe it's Adelaide United (reds) supporters that are sheep
...or both....

It really is a great username :)

Well I don't know who the sheep are here. I wasn't insinuating anything by my username.

I had to google "pinkos" and it means people with Left Wing views. I get you now. You think I am anti left. Fair enough.

But this might surprise you. As I was a young lad growing up, I just can't recall an election where I didn't vote for Bob Hawke/Keating. Seriously, I thought they were great leaders, just like John Howard after them. After John Howard, everything turned out to be pretty bad. I long for the old school because they were sensible. Things are still bad under Turnbull too. We just don't have any good leaders at the moment like Hawke/Keating/Howard. I mean that. And the Labor Party isn't the same party as it once was under Hawke/Keating and the LNP isn't the same as it once was under Howard. The landscape has changed and not for the good either. 

Public discourse these days has deteriorated, and you're right that these days I would lean towards the right LNP and have done so for some time. But I describe myself as a swinging voter still, not some ideologue. 

As to my username. Mouflon is a species of reindeer sheep. These Reindeer are native to where I am from and I saw some last time I was there. I actually do like them. They are protected now from hunters because they were almost made extinct. Their numbers are now rebounding.

No, I don't think you are a sheep, or anyone else for that matter and believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and say. I'm a democrat. 
Edited
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Very spicey now that Comey has come out and admitted that there is an active investigation into the Trump/Russia stuff.

This will be a cloud that hangs around for a while for sure.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Meanwhile, Londonistan is enjoying another day of multiculturalism and diversity.

But hey, even if a couple of people died at least they're not racist, right?
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Aljay - 23 Mar 2017 7:02 AM
Meanwhile, Londonistan is enjoying another day of multiculturalism and diversity.But hey, even if a couple of people died at least they're not racist, right?

The fact that the western world is pressured by social justice warriors to home people with beliefs that are clearly incompatible with the beliefs held by the majority and that it is innocent bystanders always paying the price is what annoys me the most.

Try and have a debate against immigration and see how long it takes for you to be called callous, racist etc. If someone gave you a bowl of lollies and said that 1 was poisoned, would you still eat them? I don't personally have an issue with refuges and immigration, but we have systems in place to try and stop this shit from happening. The suspect in the London attack was a known hate preacher. Yet here we are..... again.....

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search