Exercise and Workout thread!

Exercise and Workout thread!

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
TheSelectFew - 8 Mar 2018 9:27 AM
Decentric - 8 Mar 2018 9:25 AM

Thats the biggest load of shit I have ever heard. You must be at the wrong gym. And don't give me this crap that 40 years ago the world had rainbows and lollypops. Crap. Half the bodybuilders of those days are gone. Why? Because of drug use.

Find a new gym. But don't bring on this generational shit because its crap.

Why are you so angry? I've posted an opinion slightly different to yours.

40 years ago, a very small percentage of the population did weight training compared to now. Even in the regular gym where I train, with about 20 others I visit infrequently in this part of the state in different  locations, they attract similar clientele.

There are still friendly, chatty people I've become friendly with frequenting gyms, but it seems steroids are more readily available according to younger, close relatives and also, gym managers.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 8 Mar 2018 9:36 AM
TheSelectFew - 8 Mar 2018 9:27 AM

Why are you so angry? I've posted an opinion slightly different to yours.

40 years ago, a very small percentage of the population did weight training compared to now. Even in the regular gym where I train, with about 20 others I visit infrequently in this part of the state in different  locations, they attract similar clientele.

There are still friendly, chatty people I've become friendly with frequenting gyms, but it seems steroids are more readily available according to younger, close relatives and also, gym managers.

No you have slagged people. You have slagged a lot of people and it's wrong.

My dad has said the opposite too. You are full of crap.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 8 Mar 2018 9:54 AM
Decentric - 8 Mar 2018 9:36 AM

No you have slagged people. You have slagged a lot of people and it's wrong.

My dad has said the opposite too. You are full of crap.

I  participate on 442 to participate  in constructive discussion not personal attacks. I don't know who your Dad is?

Other than advancing opinions about English football in most of its entirety, I can't think of any 'groups' I've taken a stance on. English football is currently improving.   I unreservedly apologise to any 'groups' I've inadvertently attacked.

Given you seem to want to indulge in personal attacks and be as obnoxious as possible, as  opposed to partaking in constructive debate/discussion, you can join three other nameless individuals on my mute button.

From now on anything you post I won't be able to see. If you feel differently over time, contact me via PM, if, and when, you want to return to civil interaction, devoid of personal attacks.  

Bye. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 8 Mar 2018 9:21 AM
To summarise my previous post - homework for posters.

*Icelandic Women Cross Trainer videos on Youtube.

*Cassie Martin Bodybuilding videos on Youtube.

Are these women too muscular, or not?

To get back on topic.

Are these women too muscular?

Thoughts?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Decentric - 8 Mar 2018 10:10 AM

To get back on topic.

Are these women too muscular?

Thoughts?

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 8 Mar 2018 10:23 AM
Decentric - 8 Mar 2018 10:10 AM

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Loads......

Member since 2008.

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 8 Mar 2018 9:18 AM

40 years ago, I'd agree many were very nice, but they hadn't been picked on. Gyms were very friendly places.

A greater number of people who had been picked on attend martial arts classes.

In this era, there are many on steroids, and others who aren't, who are quite unsociable. They don't want any contact with anyone else in the gym. Many of them wear headphones and stare past other people avoiding any eye contact..

Absolutely true. I've frequented my uni gym 5 days a week for the past 3 years and only know the trainers that work there. I am naturally an introverted, reserved person but the majority of males there are the typical fuck-boys wearing sneakers w/ waxed legs and arms or are the squat-only rugby players who size anyone up that comes near them because they have to perpetually prove their dick size at all times. 

There are two cliques of men in my gym that come to mind: both consist of three, and I know none of their names and they have never been friendly enough to introduce themselves or imply that I should. The first clique was your run-of-the-mill fuckboy clique - fancy clothes, sneakers, manicured to perfection, chin up to the point of neck damage, spent most of their time stretching or staring at the mirror while shit-testing each other like a gang of night-club whores. None of them liked the cut of my jib - I wear cheap boardies, cheap runners, and work-out shirts from K-Mart, I work out longer than they do (I aim for 90 minutes each session, focus on one general area each day) and I do it by myself. 

The second clique is the more intellectual type. One balding dude with a comb-over who only squats and stares, one very lean dude who does very little except watch his mates work out and talks about engineering subjects, and the other is an Asian dude who constantly shit stares me in some vain attempt at intimidation (imagine the personality it would take to seriously size someone up who you don't know at a gym full of people at a learning institution). 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

marconi101 - 8 Mar 2018 11:57 AM

Absolutely true. I've frequented my uni gym 5 days a week for the past 3 years and only know the trainers that work there. I am naturally an introverted, reserved person but the majority of males there are the typical fuck-boys wearing sneakers w/ waxed legs and arms or are the squat-only rugby players who size anyone up that comes near them because they have to perpetually prove their dick size at all times. 

There are two cliques of men in my gym that come to mind: both consist of three, and I know none of their names and they have never been friendly enough to introduce themselves or imply that I should. The first clique was your run-of-the-mill fuckboy clique - fancy clothes, sneakers, manicured to perfection, chin up to the point of neck damage, spent most of their time stretching or staring at the mirror while shit-testing each other like a gang of night-club whores. None of them liked the cut of my jib - I wear cheap boardies, cheap runners, and work-out shirts from K-Mart, I work out longer than they do (I aim for 90 minutes each session, focus on one general area each day) and I do it by myself. 

The second clique is the more intellectual type. One balding dude with a comb-over who only squats and stares, one very lean dude who does very little except watch his mates work out and talks about engineering subjects, and the other is an Asian dude who constantly shit stares me in some vain attempt at intimidation (imagine the personality it would take to seriously size someone up who you don't know at a gym full of people at a learning institution). 

This is pretty sad.

Thankfully, our gym has lost many of the unsociable  types. They often attend by themselves, not in groups. I like it when groups of young guys or women come in and chat to each other. It encourages other shy types to speak to others, which differs from the sometime prevailing culture of not talking to anyone. 

I'm quite outgoing and find most people are only too willing to talk to others if others initiate conversation, but feel intimidated initiating discussion themselves.

Some of those who seem to feel validated in avoiding eye contact and communicating with others, all suck up to the gym manager, who is one of the strongest men in Australia. He is  a nationally highly ranked powerlifter. He is quite short and stocky in stature.  

He tells me about the initial arrogant attitude of some guys dismissing him, until they see what he lifts - a lot more than anyone else. Then they bend over backwards to be friendly and idolise him. Pathetic really.

The gym manager is friendly and helpful to all and sundry, whether beginners or long time trainers, regardless of gender or age. He is fostering a better gym culture through his friendly, welcoming disposition to all.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

To summarise my previous post - homework for posters.

*Icelandic Women Cross Trainer videos on Youtube.

*Cassie Martin Bodybuilding videos on Youtube.

Are these women too muscular, or not?

Since we are on a different  page, I'm going to bump this.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

The second clique is the more intellectual type. One balding dude with a comb-over who only squats and stares,

the other is an Asian dude who constantly shit stares me in some vain attempt at intimidation (imagine the personality it would take to seriously size someone up who you don't know at a gym full of people at a learning institution). 

These instances are really weird behaviour!

On the other hand any conversation one has with others in a gym is an opportunity to learn new exercises or gain new knowledge.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

The second clique is the more intellectual type. 

Still finding this a bizarre phenomenon that differs marked from the very friendly gyms I frequented 30 years ago.

That so many people deliberately avoid eye contact with others, yet spend a lot of time resting between sets and listening to head phones is perplexing. Yet I've still made some good mates from the gym.

One young female mate who is a personal trainer at another gym,  claims it is very intimidating for females to train in mixed gender gyms as they  feel very self-conscious exercising in the company of males. Many females attend female only gyms. Some must be very confident in their appearance though as they wear such skimpy gym attire. At the same time there are 3% more of the female  population who attend gyms, and, jog, than males in Australia.

Anywhere  else I go out in public - bars, restaurants, pubs, shops, sports events, walking tracks, walking on beaches, etc, people are so friendly compared to the gym. In contrast I walk on a beach 200 metres away from my gym where people are so friendly to each other in comparison.

I like it at the gym when  groups of blokes ( usually young) or women come in and talk in loud, friendly voices to each other even if I'm not involved in the  conversation. Yet many of the reticent, headphone wearing types all used to suck up up to the former gym manager who is a nationally ranked powerlifter!

Sometimes to have 20 people training in a gym in silence is weird!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 27 Feb 2018 10:54 PM
Decentric - 15 Feb 2018 2:51 PM

* New mark of 20 reps at 63.5kg for Bench Press.

63.5kg is circa 140 pounds in the old scale.

This lift resulted in strained  back muscles in my middle back area for weeks!

First time in 20 odd years.
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

A feeling of deja vu about this thread...

Decentric makes numerous self-important posts about the topic.

Someone strongly disagrees with his viewpoint, and tells him so.

Decentric then claims that the poster is not engaging in constructive discussion, and mutes him.

Decentric then makes post after post, presumably talking to himself. (that what happens when you mute people!)

Same thing used to happen in football forum.

What we have here is a lunatic!

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I mow the lawn, chop firewood, dig the garden, do maintenance on my property

If I've got any energy left I'll offer the Missus a root

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

localstar - 17 Apr 2018 3:04 PM
A feeling of deja vu about this thread...

Decentric makes numerous self-important posts about the topic.

Someone strongly disagrees with his viewpoint, and tells him so.

Decentric then claims that the poster is not engaging in constructive discussion, and mutes him.

Decentric then makes post after post, presumably talking to himself. (that what happens when you mute people!)

Same thing used to happen in football forum.

What we have here is a lunatic!

You have to laugh don't you?  Has 60 or so friends apparently, is 'heavily' involved in Tasmanian football and the upper echelons of the FFA based on the incessant name-dropping, has a busy social calendar by his own admission and yet still for some inexplicable reason manages to come onto a board inhabited, in the main, by 16 to 30 year olds to wax lyrical about the features of a BBQ. 

Reminds me of this bloke.

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 17 Apr 2018 3:41 PM
I mow the lawn, chop firewood, dig the garden, do maintenance on my property

If I've got any energy left I'll offer the Missus a root

Right on!
I get all the exercise I need taking the bins out. Sometimes I can manage two at once!

Sometimes I have friendly chats with neighbours who are also taking their bins out.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 27 Feb 2018 10:54 PM
Decentric - 15 Feb 2018 2:51 PM

* New mark of 20 reps at 63.5kg for Bench Press.

63.5kg is circa 140 pounds in the old scale.

* New mark of 20 reps at 66kg for the Bench Press.

That is circa 145 pounds in the old scale.

I think I could've done more reps too.

The only thing that alarmed me a bit was my pulse was 144 beats per minute straight after the 20th rep, which is way over the recommended max for my age.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 29 Jan 2018 5:28 PM
Roar_Brisbane - 1 Jan 2018 10:32 PM

I don't do squats and dead lifts, due to a dodgy back, but I've recently bench pressed:

12 reps at 75kg

15 reps at 68kg

18 reps at 63.5k kg.

25 reps at 52kg.

I'm not willing to lift bigger weights, due to possibility of injury and slow injury recovery at 61 years of age, so I do very high reps. 

New mark of 12 reps at 77.5kg (170lbs in old scale) in Bench Press.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 4 Jun 2018 10:54 PM
Decentric - 29 Jan 2018 5:28 PM

New mark of 12 reps at 77.5kg (170lbs in old scale) in Bench Press.

New mark of 12 reps at 80kg (176lbs  in old scale) in Bench Press.

Not too bad for 61 years of age. 

There wasn't much left in the tank though. It should be a while before I attempt a bigger weight.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

localstar - 17 Apr 2018 5:29 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 17 Apr 2018 3:41 PM

Right on!
I get all the exercise I need taking the bins out. Sometimes I can manage two at once!

Sometimes I have friendly chats with neighbours who are also taking their bins out.

I've started stair climbing in between floors at work instead of taking the lift, Only about three floors but better than nothing.  
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search