2012/13 Membership numbers thread

2012/13 Membership numbers thread

Author
SpawningSalmon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tbitm wrote:
The current numbers i have gathered are...

2011/12 Season numbers
Adelaide 8000
Feel free to give me any new info or info i messed so i can update, but this is all i could find at the moment.

Sauce?
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

SpawningSalmon wrote:
tbitm wrote:
The current numbers i have gathered are...

2011/12 Season numbers
Adelaide 8000
Feel free to give me any new info or info i messed so i can update, but this is all i could find at the moment.

Sauce?

Quote:
General Ashnak wrote:
That is lower than last season, we did very well last season and had almost 8k members from 2nd hand memory.

this guy...... looking back on it not the best of sources.
SpawningSalmon
SpawningSalmon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I'm pretty sure it would have been closer to 6000.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

WS 400
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Assuming the article was correct, 400 were sold which was a 25% increase on the total thus they have sold 2000 in total.

Doesn't seem quite right to be though because 2 and a half weeks ago we were told they were getting up towards 2000. Which selling 400 in 2 days doesn't seem accurate then.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
Assuming the article was correct, 400 were sold which was a 25% increase on the total thus they have sold 2000 in total.

Doesn't seem quite right to be though because 2 and a half weeks ago we were told they were getting up towards 2000. Which selling 400 in 2 days doesn't seem accurate then.

Ohhh fuck my bad, feel like a idiot>.<
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

western sydney wanderers are going to have a massive increase in memberships from last season

vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Swarth wrote:
western sydney wanderers are going to have a massive increase in memberships from last season

You're hilarious, did you think of that yourself?
Compared to the team they are 'replacing' GCU, I am expecting the attendance/membership-ST KPI to get a significant boost this year. Keep trying News Limited, your dirty tricks campaign isn't going to work.
shallow hal wants a gal
shallow hal wants a gal
World Class
World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)

Swarth wrote:

very true
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

i am glad someone agrees with me:d i did think of it myself it was the proudest moment of my life

so far the entire football community has done well to combat some ridiculous articles recently, if we got worse than GGU i think football has no hope :p

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Haven't got any numbers, but have heard there's a huge new member increase at the Roar - people that have never been members before that are hopping on board. Good sign if true.
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Newcastle up to 8130, they seemed like they were gong to easily pass their 11000 goal and now they are only getting 10 memberships a day. What happened to them?

Also I keep checking twitter and fb but can't find anything on membership numbers on any club other than Newcastle and Victory, incase i missed something on fb or twitter or maybe even an article post it in this thread with a source.
tbitm
tbitm
Pro

Heart up to 3650, hope we can get up past 6000 before the season starts
scottywong
scottywong
Amateur
Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)

tbitm wrote:

well you have added 150 in 2 weeks, think you may struggle to get another 2000 odd in 5 weeks
Ecce
Ecce
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

tbitm wrote:
Newcastle up to 8130, they seemed like they were gong to easily pass their 11000 goal and now they are only getting 10 memberships a day. What happened to them?

Also I keep checking twitter and fb but can't find anything on membership numbers on any club other than Newcastle and Victory, incase i missed something on fb or twitter or maybe even an article post it in this thread with a source.

I'd say that existing members rushed it to lock in their previous years seating, which we had to do before the end of July. Most of the prime seats in centre field are taken and people won't want to lose them.

A couple of thousand members failed to renew or didn't love their seats enough to renew before the exclusivity period ended. There may be a small rush before the season starts but the 11,000 target will be a stretch.

There has really been nothing exciting to attract the casual person to invest in a membership this pre-season. Last year they promised the world and the Jets failed to deliver. This year they haven't promised anything and haven't invested in quality experienced players so a drop in memberships would not be surprising.

The signing of a quality striker will be needed to change people's minds.

Edited by Ecce: 30/8/2012 05:09:14 PM
tbitm
tbitm
Pro

scottywong wrote:
tbitm wrote:

well you have added 150 in 2 weeks, think you may struggle to get another 2000 odd in 5 weeks

Now that you point that out I'm thinking the number was rounded up to the nearest "500" in the article I used since they only announced only a couple days earlier we were on 3300, and if we added 200 in 2 days, how did we only add 150 in two weeks?

So I'm gonna guess it more like 350 in 2 weeks. nonetheless I get your point, and if i am right, at this rate we should only get around 4,500. Hopefully a bit more buzz around the heart can be created before the season starts and hopefully we can get close to 5000.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Are we down on last years memberships all across the board?

Edited by glory recruit: 30/8/2012 06:46:17 PM
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

Glory Recruit wrote:
Are we down on last years memberships all across the board?

Edited by glory recruit: 30/8/2012 06:46:17 PM

The Foxsports article a couple of weeks ago said we were up compared to that stage the previous season.
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

We as in the whole league?
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

vanbasten88 wrote:
We as in the whole league?

Ya
bennyblanco
bennyblanco
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

As much as people don't want to admit it, IMO both the Melbourne clubs memberships will suffer purely because of the fact that Harry Kewell is not there.
girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

bennyblanco wrote:
As much as people don't want to admit it, IMO both the Melbourne clubs memberships will suffer purely because of the fact that Harry Kewell is not there.

And even bigger-the King who was a long term crowd fave.
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Sydney apparently had an increase of 15% on memberships today.
SpawningSalmon
SpawningSalmon
Semi-Pro

chillbilly wrote:

On SBS World News Australia, Mike Tomalaris reported season tickets sales jumped from 50 to 500.

Were they really that low yesterday? How long have they been out for? Or are Sydney FC members notoriously late when renewing memberships?
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

SpawningSalmon wrote:
chillbilly wrote:

On SBS World News Australia, Mike Tomalaris reported season tickets sales jumped from 50 to 500.

Were they really that low yesterday? How long have they been out for? Or are Sydney FC members notoriously late when renewing memberships?

That doesn't sound right.
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

SpawningSalmon wrote:
chillbilly wrote:

I am guessing they mean they were getting on average 50 people a day signing up for the past few days then it has jumped to 500 signing up in a day
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Maybe he meant per day??
SpawningSalmon
SpawningSalmon
Semi-Pro

moofa wrote:
SpawningSalmon wrote:
chillbilly wrote:

I am guessing they mean they were getting on average 50 people a day signing up for the past few days then it has jumped to 500 signing up in a day

That certainly sounds more likely.
Mike Tomalaris wrote:
In the first four hours of business this morning, Sydney FC's season ticket sales increased tenfold - from 50 to more than 500

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/video/2276254697/SBS-630-News-part-3
3:30 onwards
Shatter
Shatter
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

SpawningSalmon wrote:
chillbilly wrote:

That means before today, given the 5 memberships I purchased, I had 10% of SFC's total memberships. Boom. \:d/

But, yes, that's wrong. I know at least 15-20 members on top of my 5. So unless I know 50% of members the replies are correct.

If it was 500 in a day and that's 15% of memberships, that would put us at about 3500 memberships. Sounds more likely.
SpawningSalmon
SpawningSalmon
Semi-Pro

Shatter wrote:
SpawningSalmon wrote:
chillbilly wrote:

That means before today, given the 5 memberships I purchased, I had 10% of SFC's total memberships. Boom. \:d/

But, yes, that's wrong. I know at least 15-20 members on top of my 5. So unless I know 50% of members the replies are correct.

If it was 500 in a day and that's 15% of memberships, that would put us at about 3500 memberships. Sounds more likely.

In hindsight, I didn't think it through at all. :oops: :oops: :oops:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search