The Aussies Abroad Thread

The Aussies Abroad Thread

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
if nagoya escape relegation it's amazing. Bottom all season pretty much until now 

still a fair few games to go though
Edited
6 Years Ago by tsf
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 15 Aug 2018 7:36 PM
highkick05 - 15 Aug 2018 5:43 PM

RE: #1: Having Dembele return from injury is a must. He got a few minutes last night, so here's hoping he kicks on from here out.

As for Rogic, and "Rogic needing to be far far away from the left wing". I"m not sure where you got your information from, as Rogic was nowhere near the left wing. He played his normal "#10" role. McGregor was playing on the left up until Rogic was subbed for Sinclair - in which McGregor move centrally and Sinclair on the left.

RE: #2: What was so "baffling" about the line-up?? We started with a '4-2-3-1', then changed to a '3-5-2' on the hour mark when Dembele come on in replace of Lustig.

Which sub(s) do you class as "stupid subs"?

RE: #3: Did you even watched the match? Going by all your comments, I'm guessing you didn't.

Nah, that's why I asked where was he playing 

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 15 Aug 2018 7:45 PM
highkick05 - 15 Aug 2018 9:54 AM

That they do. It's not a secret that we have many issues with our defence. It's no secret that we need a right back and a couple of decent central defenders. Until that gets addressed, things won't change 😡😧

Toure coming in was pretty special. Can't believe no 1 has been signed yet to replace both him and van Dyke ffs, yep until that happens no chance in UCL 

Marinator7
Marinator7
Fan
Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)Fan (69 reputation)

Some Korean and Japanese games:

James Donachie and Dylan Mcgowan were both unused subs as Gangwon beat Jeonnam 1-0. 

Mitch Duke played the last 12 minutes as Shimizu were beaten 3-1 by Cerezo Osaka. 

Appiah-Kubi came on as a stoppage-time sub in a 0-0 draw.

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Pohang v Jeonbuk highlights. Some cracking goals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik_bnCXOpy0

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ange's yokohama between by bottom dwelling nagoya.  comes after a win - which followed a bunch of heavy defeats.

yokohama are sitting in 14th place and only 1 point out from relegation. now 1 point away from nagoya

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I've found this thread very informative about who is playing where and how much.

Keep the information on Aussie players coming guys!
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

Decentric - 16 Aug 2018 8:24 AM
I've found this thread very informative about who is playing where and how much.

Keep the information on Aussie players coming guys!

Thanks big fella !

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

highkick05 - 15 Aug 2018 11:03 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 15 Aug 2018 7:36 PM

Nah, that's why I asked where was he playing 

So you didn't watch the match, but felt you could make some qualified comments about said game??...🤔

Like (#1), came aross/sounded like a statement in the beginning that was then turned into a question with regards to Rogic. So I apologise for my misreading of your question  💐☺

(#2) Not only did you make a factually wrong statements with regards to Rodgers lineup as being "baffling" and that the changes he made were "stupid subs". Not only did you get it wrong, you doubled down praising yourself telling everyone (IN CAPITALS) that you had warned everyone previously.

(#3) With (#1) & (#2) cleared up, your (#3) in turn becomes false information.
-----
When I asked if you had watched the game, and you said "nah". It said it all.

Next time, you want to contribute to something, I recommend that you first watch the game before commenting ☺ 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 16 Aug 2018 1:25 PM

So you didn't watch the match, but felt you could make some qualified comments about said game??...🤔

Like (#1), came aross/sounded like a statement in the beginning that was then turned into a question with regards to Rogic. So I apologise for my misreading of your question  💐☺

(#2) Not only did you make a factually wrong statements with regards to Rodgers lineup as being "baffling" and that the changes he made were "stupid subs". Not only did you get it wrong, you doubled down praising yourself telling everyone (IN CAPITALS) that you had warned everyone previously.

-----

Next time, you want to contribute to something, I recommend that you first watch the game before commenting ☺ 

I swear he is on drugs lol
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Tomorrow Mornings UEL action sees:

Larnaca vs Sturm Graz Giannou looking likely to advance to the next stage at 1:30aest
Midtylland and Mabil looking likely to advance to the next stage at 3am
Suduva are looking likely to advance to the next stage with Finkler and Alexandrow-Ridley
Hibs with Macca and Boyle are looking ok to advance at 3am
APOEL should advance to the next stage
Not looking good for Luzern v Olympiacos 
Linz and Holland are only 1-0 down to Besiktas with a home game to play, so they could do something special hopefully. @3:45am
Genk and Vuka are looking the goods
Rosenborg and Gersbach also looking good

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

Giannou starting. Won a penalty. Very dominant performance from AEK. Trickovski could do well in the A-League.
Holland starting against Besiktas... hope they can pull this off.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Edited
6 Years Ago by playmaker11
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Maclaren starting in Molde. They're down 1:0 but a draw will see Hibs through on away goals. 
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

-----

hey? kinda get the general gist of your convoluted post. (#1 #2 $3 etc)

Quit rambling 

highkick05
highkick05
Legend

Juric still a no show ?

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

Wow, Linz leading 2-0

Tbone
Tbone
Hacker
Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)

Could Juric be heading back to oz and Melbourne Victory?
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Hibs out. Mabil through with 73min. Vukovic ahead 4:1 near the end on aggregate. Gersbach bench. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Linz out at death on away goals. Damn. So cruel. 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

highkick05 - 17 Aug 2018 5:05 AM

hey? kinda get the general gist of your convoluted post. (#1 #2 $3 etc)

Quit rambling 

I'll dumb it down for you... You were talking shit.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Juric still a no show ?

Juric is injured according to Transfermarkt.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

Bocca - 17 Aug 2018 4:35 PM

Juric is injured according to Transfermarkt.

This is how he started last season. Actually, this is why I say you can't rely on this guy to be our number #1 striker. 

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

johnszasz - 17 Aug 2018 5:47 AM
Linz out at death on away goals. Damn. So cruel. 

Would've been brilliant, but Negredo had to come on and spoil the party.

Oh well, AEK are looking the goods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt1ma8X1EgM

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

highkick05 - 17 Aug 2018 5:18 PM
Bocca - 17 Aug 2018 4:35 PM

This is how he started last season. Actually, this is why I say you can't rely on this guy to be our number #1 striker. 

He does get injured quite a bit. Pound for pound he's pretty decent but also wasteful. It'd be interesting to see him with really good service and if he'd score those chances.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Daniel Arzani's first interview with CelticTV.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/t6p_tZHs4cw[/youtube]

EDIT: What do I need to do so I can embed the video??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 17 Aug 2018 10:38 PM
Daniel Arzani's first interview with CelticTV.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/t6p_tZHs4cw[/youtube]

EDIT: What do I need to do so I can embed the video??

no idea, tried a few times to no avail.

re: interview, handles himself so well. great ambassador and so young . whew. only seen good things from him football wise.
They are pretty damn lucky Celtic to have 2 of our best players. Will be fun seeing them rip it up in the domestic comp 

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

Hrustic starting
Pasquali trained with the first team, not playing with the reserves today

Edited
6 Years Ago by playmaker11
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

@BrisbaneBhoy - what do u think about Boyata leaving ?
seems he'll be gone , agree with this review completely 
Armstrong $7 mil
Boyata $9 mil - lol
Arzani ? - fucking steal
AHh the SPFL what a running joke

Edited
6 Years Ago by highkick05
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Hrustic starting 
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

He does get injured quite a bit. Pound for pound he's pretty decent but also wasteful. It'd be interesting to see him with really good service and if he'd score those chances.

He’s had good service. We created the most chances of any team in Asian cup qualifying by done margin. Yet he took very few of those chances.
I really rate Juric for his general play, but so far he’s been dreadful at converting chances. Our good service has gone to waste.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search