NPL - New South Wales Conference

NPL - New South Wales Conference

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
yes understand, pricing is madness around there for a box and no parking.
Look, the actual oval is not too bad - you'll have to get used to grass after the synthetic but thats my point.
I love grass pitchs still but it needs to be short so as the ball moves well.
You'll see what I mean.
FYI Magic have finally done something to counter wash outs - well it was in the making last couple of years.
Spirits Christie Park has had 2 synthetic pitchs soon ready.
We will be playing games there through the season and some trainings.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 19 Jan 2018 12:46 PM
yes understand, pricing is madness around there for a box and no parking.
Look, the actual oval is not too bad - you'll have to get used to grass after the synthetic but thats my point.
I love grass pitchs still but it needs to be short so as the ball moves well.
You'll see what I mean.
FYI Magic have finally done something to counter wash outs - well it was in the making last couple of years.
Spirits Christie Park has had 2 synthetic pitchs soon ready.
We will be playing games there through the season and some trainings.

Yeh its a big change. Grass pitches are great if they are maintained properly but unfortunately no council/club in NPL 3 has a great grass pitch. Bankstown and Sydney Uni aren't too bad. 

Is it ELS Hall Park?
Edited
6 Years Ago by theFOOTBALLlover
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

No, ELS is south of Macquarie Centre before Epping Rd.
Its an AFL synthetic field also with football field marked out - we have used this for trials the last couple of years but no comp games to date.
Christie Park is past ELS the north side of the Macquarie shopping centre.
Its has been SpiritFC in PL2 home ground for as long as I can remember, had 2 fair condition grass pitchs no converted to syn thanks to Council.

Magdala isn't too bad for grass, bumpy sure later in the season but at least the grass is short so the ball moves on at pace as it should.
Sefton is another good pitch till it gets too much rain but thats for all of them.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 19 Jan 2018 1:51 PM
No, ELS is south of Macquarie Centre before Epping Rd.
Its an AFL synthetic field also with football field marked out - we have used this for trials the last couple of years but no comp games to date.
Christie Park is past ELS the north side of the Macquarie shopping centre.
Its has been SpiritFC in PL2 home ground for as long as I can remember, had 2 fair condition grass pitchs no converted to syn thanks to Council.

Magdala isn't too bad for grass, bumpy sure later in the season but at least the grass is short so the ball moves on at pace as it should.
Sefton is another good pitch till it gets too much rain but thats for all of them.

Ah ok. I looked up the fixture list for Gladesville and it had ELS as the venue early on in the season.

I've been the Christie Park a few times.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Shows I haven't reviewed the draw closely of late.
I did glance and saw ELS from memory - good so now we have 2 syn fields to cover for rainy weekends.

Love Football

No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

Lol Granville with that weird as fuck warm up area in the park across the road

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

No Totti No Party - 24 Jan 2018 12:56 AM
Lol Granville with that weird as fuck warm up area in the park across the road

Haha yeh I love how they send away teams into the bush while they warm up in a decent area. 

Where are you this year?
Edited
6 Years Ago by theFOOTBALLlover
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer the decent area right next to parra rd !
Overall no matter what happens on game time counts.

Love Football

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
does anyone have the clubs pre-season schedule? or are games organized on a weekly basis?

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

19-SU-58 - 24 Jan 2018 2:40 PM
does anyone have the clubs pre-season schedule? or are games organized on a weekly basis?

Games are on the Football NSW site: http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&round=12&client=1-9353-0-475722-0&pool=1
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No matter the positives regards synthetic I'm still no fan of it but one, rain, yep great to be able to still play due to heavy rain or whatever but nothing beats grass - yes it needs to be maintained and unfortunately this isn't a council priority in all the years.
In the heat yesterday at Valentine with a 1pm koff I'm guessing the temp on the pitch would have been on 40 at least or more.
From the stands you can smell the rubber burn.
One of our guys due to a slide tackle has one of those weeping shiner grazes from side of knee down that was still leaking an hour after the game.
Look I'm sure others think opposite and that they are needed for the amount of traffic use etc but thats it.
Ball keeps running compared to the gradual slowing up on grass - the bounce variance.
Necessary evil.

A first hit out for Magic against the recently demoted Balmain.
18's 3-2.
20's 5-1.
1st 3-0.

Love Football

franceticjure1941
franceticjure1941
Under 7s
Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)Under 7s (23 reputation)

Mr 19 - U - 58
1.Have we signed Shannon Cole from wanderers for the season
2. Zivjela Croacija Sydney......

Edited
6 Years Ago by franceticjure1941
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

franceticjure1941 - 29 Jan 2018 10:24 PM
Mr 19 - U - 58

First i have heard of it mate. 
I know he has joined Glen Trifiro in his coaching clinic but that's about it. 

SutherlandFan
SutherlandFan
Rising Star
Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)

This seasons relegation battle will be tough, as Kolner pointed out earlier, all clubs seem to have improved on last season. 18's and 20's could prove vital. At this point of time I can't really say there is a favourite to go down.
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

SutherlandFan - 31 Jan 2018 9:49 PM
This seasons relegation battle will be tough, as Kolner pointed out earlier, all clubs seem to have improved on last season. 18's and 20's could prove vital. At this point of time I can't really say there is a favourite to go down.

very true.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I reckon when reviewing all 3 grades this season looks exciting for all.
The relegations/promotions typically create new challenges either way but it seems player movements have been higher than usual ?, coachs/staff many changes incl.
Cant wait for it to begin.

tFl, I was shown night pictures of the 2 new syn's at Christie Park just about done.
Looks great.
A 3rd is going ahead with extra car parking etc I'm led to believe - this centre is going to be very busy and great for PL2 Spiritfc, PL3 Magic and other regular users and visiting clubs.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 1 Feb 2018 9:50 AM
I reckon when reviewing all 3 grades this season looks exciting for all.
The relegations/promotions typically create new challenges either way but it seems player movements have been higher than usual ?, coachs/staff many changes incl.
Cant wait for it to begin.

tFl, I was shown night pictures of the 2 new syn's at Christie Park just about done.
Looks great.
A 3rd is going ahead with extra car parking etc I'm led to believe - this centre is going to be very busy and great for PL2 Spiritfc, PL3 Magic and other regular users and visiting clubs.

Good to hear. The more flat pitches, the better it is for the team that I coach. 
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 24 Jan 2018 7:29 AM
No Totti No Party - 24 Jan 2018 12:56 AM

Haha yeh I love how they send away teams into the bush while they warm up in a decent area. 

Where are you this year?

Not doing the NPL thing anymore amigo
LFC. - 29 Jan 2018 10:30 AM
No matter the positives regards synthetic I'm still no fan of it but one, rain, yep great to be able to still play due to heavy rain or whatever but nothing beats grass - yes it needs to be maintained and unfortunately this isn't a council priority in all the years.
In the heat yesterday at Valentine with a 1pm koff I'm guessing the temp on the pitch would have been on 40 at least or more.
From the stands you can smell the rubber burn.
One of our guys due to a slide tackle has one of those weeping shiner grazes from side of knee down that was still leaking an hour after the game.
Look I'm sure others think opposite and that they are needed for the amount of traffic use etc but thats it.
Ball keeps running compared to the gradual slowing up on grass - the bounce variance.
Necessary evil.

A first hit out for Magic against the recently demoted Balmain.
18's 3-2.
20's 5-1.
1st 3-0.

VSP is disgusting, the only decent thing about is the big change rooms.

> No scoreboard

> Dat warmup area

> No waterguns to cool the pitch

> Those dugouts with the big hole thru it

Edited
6 Years Ago by No Totti No Party
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

franceticjure1941 - 29 Jan 2018 10:24 PM
Mr 19 - U - 58

i think you could be right about Shannon Cole, he played yesterday for us in a 3-1 over Olympic.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No Totti No Party - 3 Feb 2018 3:03 AM

theFOOTBALLlover - 24 Jan 2018 7:29 AM

Not doing the NPL thing anymore amigo
LFC. - 29 Jan 2018 10:30 AM

VSP is disgusting, the only decent thing about is the big change rooms.

> No scoreboard

> Dat warmup area

> No waterguns to cool the pitch

> Those dugouts with the big hole thru it

Isn't there a scoreboard near the goals of the car park end ?.
I have heard some supporters even suffered stomach achs from the food.
The dugouts make me laugh for staying on the eastern side the players/coachs etc are in the full on sun till sunset.
Not just the big in the centre but why clear giving subs no protection from the sun.
stooopid is stooopid.

Good signing of Cole for SU.

Love Football

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

LFC. - 5 Feb 2018 12:49 PM

The dugouts make me laugh for staying on the eastern side the players/coachs etc are in the full on sun till sunset.
Not just the big in the centre but why clear giving subs no protection from the sun.
stooopid is stooopid.

The FFA need to do a stadium audit and bring in serious investment to local grounds to bring them up to scratch. Needs to be joint funded.

No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur

stooopid is stooopid.

It's a portable scoreboard on wheels not a permanent one.
How about the home dugout at Arlo, no tree cover & the roof is see thru :\ you fry during summer

Edited
6 Years Ago by No Totti No Party
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

No Totti No Party - 6 Feb 2018 11:00 PM

It's a portable scoreboard on wheels not a permanent one.
How about the home dugout at Arlo, no tree cover & the roof is see thru :\ you fry during summer

I've seen a few dugouts like that. No idea what the builders were thinking.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes makes you wonder how this type of ordinary decisions are made after all the expense.
VSP overall is good its there lets face it but the detail is not good enough as mentioned.
A portable scoreboard is logical but having gone to such expense overall why a permanent ones weren't in the original quote makes you wonder.
The northern ground has no where to sit as well.
haha Arlo, agree, right under the trees but hello, the sun sets in the west just as VSP so the subs once again are cooking in the sun.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

So the game coming up tFl.
We had a huge hit out with Rydalmere in the 18's as expected.
They as always very physical, we matched them once settled 1st half but my lad did a silly tackle come off 2nd best prior to HT.
50/50 playing you guys Sunday.
Early days for all and 18's still finding themselves down 1nil.
Our 20's knocked off Rydalmere 2 up by HT and finished 2-1.
Our 1sts a patch up squad also done the newly promoted club to PL2 2nil.

Love Football

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

How good is Marconi's squad looking this season.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

vincenzogold - 13 Feb 2018 10:31 AM
How good is Marconi's squad looking this season.

a lot of the clubs have recruited well. This should be a top season.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

a lot of the clubs have recruited well. This should be a top season.

for the first time in a long time, you cant predict who will finish first, top five or be relegated. 
Should be a very exciting season! 

SutherlandFan
SutherlandFan
Rising Star
Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)

19-SU-58 - 13 Feb 2018 10:52 AM

for the first time in a long time, you cant predict who will finish first, top five or be relegated. 
Should be a very exciting season! 

Early days for us but I have a good feeling we can be in the top 5 this season.

My predicitions - Top 5: Blacktown, Marconi, Manly, Sutherland and United.
                        - Relegated: Bonnyrigg.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

19SU, how did you go vsing Marconi the other day ?

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search